Ovechkins creativity/playmaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfons

May 3, 2004
He´s got the speed, strength, stickhandling and a got shot. What about his passing and playmaking? On wich level is he in that department? Comparison to other players?

Steve Latin*

Alfons said:
He´s got the speed, strength, stickhandling and a got shot. What about his passing and playmaking? On wich level is he in that department? Comparison to other players?

I hear that he's a worse passer than Crosby. Oh, and Malkin too.

S L

Steve Latin*

Steve Latin said:
I hear that he's a worse passer than Crosby. Oh, and Malkin too.

I neglected to mention that Forsberg is also a better passer than Ovechkin. However, Ovechkin can pass better than Kelly Buchberger, for example.

S L

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Was everyone here aware that Ovechkin was the youngest player EVER to lead Dynamo Moscow in scoring? He accomplished this feat with 13 goals. By comparison, Malkin had 3 goals. Hope this helped.

Rico Im Ur Fata

Jun 23, 2003
Hong Kong
Also, was anyone here aware that Ovechkin is so physically imposing already that he will be impossible to shut down on any given night by any given opposing player, once he matures and fills out his frame? By comparison, Malkin is skinny as a toothpick and he is forever inferior to Ovechkin because his bones are smaller than, say, Thornton.

Hope this helps too.

MagnusJondus

Great Merican Hero
Mar 25, 2002
Ben Avon Hts, PA
Malkin is also a drug addict who solicits bribes from agents and has a lack of respect for the NHL made apparent by his missing the combine to be with his RSL team.

And these character flaws of #2 pick Evgeni Malkin will eventually lead to a slam dunk conclusion by Caps fan that AO will be the best, most creative playmaker ever.

Wait and see. Their logic is flawless.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
tallpenguin said:
Also, was anyone here aware that Ovechkin is so physically imposing already that he will be impossible to shut down on any given night by any given opposing player, once he matures and fills out his frame? By comparison, Malkin is skinny as a toothpick and he is forever inferior to Ovechkin because his bones are smaller than, say, Thornton.

Hope this helps too.

The femur is, I believe, the largest bone in the body.

Thornton weighs 230 pounds.

Noone has a femur that weighs 230 pounds.

Ok, possibly Ovechkins will have one that big if, say, his rightleg starts an uncontrolled growth spurt, but probably noone else.

Hope this helps also.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
MagnusJondus said:
Malkin is also a drug addict who solicits bribes from agents and has a lack of respect for the NHL made apparent by his missing the combine to be with his RSL team.

And these character flaws of #2 pick Evgeni Malkin will eventually lead to a slam dunk conclusion by Caps fan that AO will be the best, most creative playmaker ever.

Wait and see. Their logic is flawless.

I would hardly call Foppa or stockwizard Caps fans. More like an AO worshiper in Foppa's case and a Crosby worshiper (and part time AO worshiper unless when compared to Crosby). And you're welcome Mothra and Company, I saved you the posting.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Jacobv2 said:
Was everyone here aware that Ovechkin was the youngest player EVER to lead Dynamo Moscow in scoring? He accomplished this feat with 13 goals. By comparison, Malkin had 3 goals. Hope this helped.
I bet you didn't know that Ovechkin was also the first 17 year old since Tretiak to be named to the national team at 17 years of age. Russians generally do not trust younger players (Ovechkin was 17) especially when they are only 17. And Ovechkin was, coincidentally, 17 years of age at the time.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Jaded-Fan said:
I would hardly call Foppa or stockwizard Caps fans. More like an AO worshiper in Foppa's case and a Crosby worshiper (and part time AO worshiper unless when compared to Crosby).

Izvinitye, but I am not an AO worshiper. I am not going around saying that Ovechkin is the Next Gretzky and that he will win the Rocket Richard in his rookie season. Stockwizard is a Crosby worshiper because he is saying that Crosby is the greatest 16-year old ever. I merely have the facts. Obviously the facts are not welcome here, but there you are. I am sure you would rather be content to spread false rumors--such as Ovechkin's "ties" to the Russian mob :lol. But I have the facts, and emotions never win over facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->