Ovechkin Wins Eighth Career Rocket Richard Trophy

kugelbahn

Feb 15, 2018
OV was relatively quiet lately, 9 goals in last 23 games. Hopefully him being reunited with Kuzy boosts him above 50 this year.

Reactions: Hippasus

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Skinner is having a spectacular season so far.

35 for him, and he is not letting Ovi get away too far. Skinner will most certainly set a new personal best soon.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think Stammer's gonna finish 2nd. He's on a monster tear, and is finally playing shoot-first hockey again. He keeps shooting, he'll keep scoring. I don't think 50 is out of the question.

Reactions: East Coast Icestyle

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Don't you mean McDavid has 34?

He's not bad himself. Seriously it is pretty good or pretty bad depending on which way you look at it that Draisaitl and McDavid have 65 of the Oilers goals. Just over 40% of the goal production of the team's entire production this season.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
what a Feb so far for Draisaitl, Feb 1st he was 14th and is now top 3

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
The annual race for 2nd place.
Pretty much this.

Even if someone gets hot the Caps always give Ovi top PP time and plenty of opportunity to score goals.

Maybe next year someone else will win but I doubt this year.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think Stammer's gonna finish 2nd. He's on a monster tear, and is finally playing shoot-first hockey again. He keeps shooting, he'll keep scoring. I don't think 50 is out of the question.

That Peter Bondra poster wasn't too far off

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Pretty much this.

Even if someone gets hot the Caps always give Ovi top PP time and plenty of opportunity to score goals.

Maybe next year someone else will win but I doubt this year.

So the others in the race like Kane, Skinner, etc don't get top PP time? What kind of lame excuse is that lol

Reactions: B33K33PING

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
So the others in the race like Kane, Skinner, etc don't get top PP time? What kind of lame excuse is that lol

Does any forward get as much PP time as Ovechkin in Washington?

Or even in the NHl currently or the last couple of years?

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Does any forward get as much PP time as Ovechkin in Washington?

Or even in the NHl currently or the last couple of years?

All of these players play on the PP1. You can say OV gets more PPTOI, I can say that's because he's better than everyone else and gives his team the best opportunity to score. If these other guys were as big of a threat I'm sure their coaches would give them the time because I'm pretty sure everyone wants to win. But you're bringing up PP time like it's a negative or something, it's still part of the game. Also, regardless of PP time, guys like Kane, McDavid, Draisaitl play ~2min more per game than OV. Ice time is such a lame excuse anyway though.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
All of these players play on the PP1. You can say OV gets more PPTOI, I can say that's because he's better than everyone else and gives his team the best opportunity to score.

You could say that but it would be false.

Ovi has 19 PPP which is tied for 20th in the league and 11 PPG which is tied for 6th, along with 5 other players.

He is 34 in PPP despite having a huge edge on all other forwards in PP TOI.

Since he plays more on the PP one would think he might produce more?

He does lead the league in ESG, along with Jeff skinner at 28 goals.

If these other guys were as big of a threat I'm sure their coaches would give them the time because I'm pretty sure everyone wants to win.

Other guys are bigger threats and produce more but perhaps their coaches are catering more to their teams rather than their captain?

But you're bringing up PP time like it's a negative or something, it's still part of the game. Also, regardless of PP time, guys like Kane, McDavid, Draisaitl play ~2min more per game than OV. Ice time is such a lame excuse anyway though.

Ask anyone who has ever played or even watched hockey, it's easier to score on the PP than at ES, it's pretty obvious.

Ovechkin is the greatest goal scorer of all time and will likely win the Richard this year but the end is coming to a great run as soon as next year.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Are you saying, that OV won't be winning Rocket next year or that he will not be one of the best scorers in the game next season?

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Are you saying, that OV won't be winning Rocket next year or that he will not be one of the best scorers in the game next season?

Think he's saying that he won't win the Rocket. Many have been saying that for the last 4-5 seasons.

At some point they're going to be right. :laugh:

Best part is when he implies that the Caps PP is simply there to cater to OV.

Yep, let's use one of the games best goal scorers on PP2 so we can surprise teams with trick plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad