Ovechkin v Brule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Chimaera said:
I say probably, because it really depends on how he 'would' have done in camp. And on a lot of other intangibles... Others on this thread have said he wouldn't have made it. Call it hedging if you will. ;)

A more interesting question would be if Semin or some of the other young guns would've gotten consideration for a team like Canada. That's a more interesting question to me.

Oh, I was under the assumption you meant the WJC since you mentioned Crosby.

I agree with you totally if we're talking world championships.

stocktrader

Zine said:
Oh, I was under the assumption you meant the WJC since you mentioned Crosby.

I agree with you totally if we're talking world championships.
Who cares about world championships if they are not Canada's best players.
I was saying I don't think Ovechkin could make team Canada's senior mens team with all our best players.

bryan579

Oct 13, 2004
stocktrader said:
I was saying I don't think Ovechkin could make team Canada's senior mens team with all our best players.

yea i mean ovechkin cant compete with the likes of brendan morrow, maltby, walker, draper, fisher, and others...theyre just way above him in another class hahaha

stocktrader

bryan579 said:
yea i mean ovechkin cant compete with the likes of brendan morrow, maltby, walker, draper, fisher, and others...theyre just way above him in another class hahaha
Not all those guys were on our world cup team, and they play a checking roll.
Rick Nash didn't make it. The Rocket Richard trophy winner in the NHL. ;)

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
stocktrader said:

Geez, great job of stating the obvious. The kids not even 20 yet.

In other new news - man landed on the moon!!!!!!

stocktrader

Zine said:
Geez, great job of stating the obvious. The kids not even 20 yet.

In other new news - man landed on the moon!!!!!!
Well, apparently others here believe he could have.

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
surixon said:
I really get sick of the well he made the x national team or world junior team and so and so didn't argument. Well lets just say that Russia is far more willing to go with the young guys in any tournament then Canada is. Infact Canada will almost always use older players in more prominant roles at the WJC. Brule in my mind was better then many players on the last WJC team and was far more deserving of an invite to camp then the likes of Meyer, Fraser, McArthur, Ladd and company. At the time Brule was first in WHL scoring I beleive or if not 2nd. Brule should of been on the team and at worst the fourth line center. but Canada was looking for older players and wanted to win, not help show there next star prospect. Russia on the other hand almost seems to go outta there way to have at least 2 underage young stars on there teams. In international senior play Canada will always choose good NHL players over terrific prospects. Russia on the other hand seems to be in a rebuilding mold as much of there team was of the young upand coming veriaty. So I think the argument between Ovechkien sp has done this vs that at so and so level really isnt a good comparison because if he were Canadian, he probably wouldn't of made the senior squad due to it's depth and the politics involved in squad selection ie proven NHL stars.

WELL SAID!!!!DITTO!

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
great_one98 said:
Sorry, but this isn't even close as Ovechkin has already proved his worthiness in international play and is a more sure fire nhl'er unlike Brule at this point. If Gilbert was bigger, this comparison would be more fair, but Ovechkin easily at this point.

Is there anything Ovechkin can't do? I might be the only ones to say this, but there is a possibilty that Ovechkin will be a better player than Crosby. There isn't any role Ovechkin can't fit into and excels in every category, it's just amazing. Too bad he's stuck in washington :(

Well, yeah, theres plenty of stuff he can't do, but the only hockey related thing I can think of is goaltending.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
flyers guy said:
Ovechkin would've played on Canada's senior team for sure. Ovechkin's a special kind of young talent that only Eric Lindros has possessed for a long, long time. Other players of the past and/or the present may have more talent and offensive capability, like possibly Crosby for example, but only Lindros and Ovechkin have been able to combine this high level of skill with great size and physical domination at such a young age.

I know you meant it as a compliment, but...please don't ever use the words Lindros and Ovechkin in a comparison sentance ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad