1.CBJ 58pts (currently 54/7GR)
2.PIT 59pts (currently 51/6GR)
3.WASH 61pts (currently 55/7GR)
4. CHI 68pts (currently 56/8GR*)
5. NYR 70pts (currently 65/6GR)
-------
6. PHX 70pts (currently 66/6GR)**

Notes:

* based on T-bo's return and Hawks win 6 of last 7 if he plays them all;if Hawks win tonight vs. COL then only 5/7 required from T-bo when he returns on 25th)--of courswe danger is if he then won the 6/7 =14 more points and 3 way tie at 70---
in that scenario Hawks climb to 6th pre-lotto...

** Not sure in event of tie between NYR and PHX who ranks ahead (in draft slot)due to less wins--but I'll put down NYR here just because the hockey gods will want them to either win this year's lotto (OVechkin) or the Crosby lotto in the next draft...

Prediction: EITHER NYR wins lotto from 5th and bumps Hawks to 5th this draft---
OR Hawks win lotto from 4th or 6th (the latter definitely will occurr if they tie with
NYR and PHX at 70 pts but draft after those 2 pre-lotto ---because then the hockey gods will be rewarding the hawks--but ONLY to the 2nd pick and taking away any chance of a lotto win to gain Crosby next time-- in terms of the hockey gods never letting the Hawks win 2 lottos in a row,since the same finishes would be used for that lotto given the lock-out all next season..in effect the "reward" to the Hawks of a lotto win from 6th would be a a tease = a smack in the face really--but we alll know they love to rub it in with the "almosts" whenever the Hawks are involved)...better that NYR should win Ovechkin and the Hawks draft 5th, then the Hawks at least have a theoretical hope of wining that lotto from 4th --if the Hawks we are going to win a lotto better it should be the Crosby lotto---and if no lotto win from 4th in either draft is eventualized--then better NYR should win a lotto this year --to even contemplate Crosby there after the next draft makes me want to puke! Of course I would also puke if CBJ won the Crosby lotto (I'll live with PIT or WASH winning that one---and with the other of these 2 winning this year's if it must be so).......If CBJ is destined for a lotto win--better it should be this year's than next ...And if Hawks win the lotto from #4 this year,I'm really not sure Ovechkin is the right pick ---I would like Malkin or Olesz so even a trade down for one of them at #2,#3,or #4---or even a trade down to #5 or #6 for Schremp
(the price in the first case being a flip of picks in the next draft or a seciond rounder at the Hawks' option,and in the 2nd,Schremp from 5thor 6th = a first rounder in the next draft (maybe a 2nd rounder goes back) --whichgive the Hawks more ammo to trade up for Crosby if required next draft with 2 very early picks + more in the offering --(3 more first rounders? or some other prospects in the mix? A Ditka/Ricky williams entire draft etc.. etc..whatever it takes to get the NEXTKY).

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
hawksfan50 said:
1.CBJ 58pts (currently 54/7GR)
2.PIT 59pts (currently 51/6GR)
3.WASH 61pts (currently 55/7GR)
4. CHI 68pts (currently 56/8GR*)
5. NYR 70pts (currently 65/6GR)
-------
6. PHX 70pts (currently 66/6GR)**

Notes:

* based on T-bo's return and Hawks win 6 of last 7 if he plays them all;if Hawks win tonight vs. COL then only 5/7 required from T-bo when he returns on 25th)--of courswe danger is if he then won the 6/7 =14 more points and 3 way tie at 70---
in that scenario Hawks climb to 6th pre-lotto...

** Not sure in event of tie between NYR and PHX who ranks ahead (in draft slot)due to less wins--but I'll put down NYR here just because the hockey gods will want them to either win this year's lotto (OVechkin) or the Crosby lotto in the next draft...

Prediction: EITHER NYR wins lotto from 5th and bumps Hawks to 5th this draft---
OR Hawks win lotto from 4th or 6th (the latter definitely will occurr if they tie with
NYR and PHX at 70 pts but draft after those 2 pre-lotto ---because then the hockey gods will be rewarding the hawks--but ONLY to the 2nd pick and taking away any chance of a lotto win to gain Crosby next time-- in terms of the hockey gods never letting the Hawks win 2 lottos in a row,since the same finishes would be used for that lotto given the lock-out all next season..in effect the "reward" to the Hawks of a lotto win from 6th would be a a tease = a smack in the face really--but we alll know they love to rub it in with the "almosts" whenever the Hawks are involved)...better that NYR should win Ovechkin and the Hawks draft 5th, then the Hawks at least have a theoretical hope of wining that lotto from 4th --if the Hawks we are going to win a lotto better it should be the Crosby lotto---and if no lotto win from 4th in either draft is eventualized--then better NYR should win a lotto this year --to even contemplate Crosby there after the next draft makes me want to puke! Of course I would also puke if CBJ won the Crosby lotto (I'll live with PIT or WASH winning that one---and with the other of these 2 winning this year's if it must be so).......If CBJ is destined for a lotto win--better it should be this year's than next ...And if Hawks win the lotto from #4 this year,I'm really not sure Ovechkin is the right pick ---I would like Malkin or Olesz so even a trade down for one of them at #2,#3,or #4---or even a trade down to #5 or #6 for Schremp
(the price in the first case being a flip of picks in the next draft or a seciond rounder at the Hawks' option,and in the 2nd,Schremp from 5thor 6th = a first rounder in the next draft (maybe a 2nd rounder goes back) --whichgive the Hawks more ammo to trade up for Crosby if required next draft with 2 very early picks + more in the offering --(3 more first rounders? or some other prospects in the mix? A Ditka/Ricky williams entire draft etc.. etc..whatever it takes to get the NEXTKY).

Who do you think you are, J.D Salinger? :p

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Why would you puke if the Jackets won the lottery? I don't get your vitriol against the franchise. :shrugs:

I dare say there would be a ton of hockey fans that would love to see Ovechkin or Crosby added to an already awesome group of young players.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Im not sure how it would affect the obviously complex formula you are using here :) but I think NYR have a few more wins than PHX atm so they would probably finish above them in the event of a tie.

HughJass*

Wow, and the Hurricanes looked like a lock for the #2 or #3 pick a couple of months ago...

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
littleHossa said:
This is the only ladder where getting points brings you down the standings.

Pittsburgh is currently up 2-0 over the Rangers. Washington is losing 0-3 to the NYI.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
SwOOsh said:
hmm, damn now I think about it, in a way yeah. The less hits to sink the ball the higher your ranking, well golf is an individual sport, they all have funny ways of calculating your score.

Last edited:

Kick Save

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
hawksfan50 said:
. . .since the same finishes would be used for that lotto given the lock-out all next season.

As a Ducks fan, I am quite familiar with the frustration associated with a team that misses the playoffs most of the time. (Granted, we did have a nice run last year.) But aren't you really jumping the gun here?

1. Although I certainly wouldn't bet against it, there is no guaranty that there will be a lock-out.

2. Even if there is a lock-out, it's unlikely that both the NHLPA and the owners would be foolish enough to let an entire season be wiped out.

3. Assuming that there is a lock-out that lasts all season, what authority do you have for you assertion that "the same finishes would be used for that [2005] lotto"? That issue hasn't even been addressed by the NHL and won't be unless and until the entire 2004-2005 season is wiped out.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
i can see carolina making a very late run at this. the were officially eliminated last night, so a number of vets with injuries might be sitting out games. hedican has been hurt, and he has been their best player lately - wouldnt suprise me if some minor leaguers get some time on d now. probably too little too late in this race - but im holding on to hope. i feel guilty for saying that.

CapsIntensity68

May 1, 2002
Visit site
I'll be at the Caps game on March 3rd and I will be leading a "we want Alex!!!" chant. Also, how do you actually pronounce his last name? I have never heard a person actually say it, I always see it written, but never spoken.

st_roland

CapsIntensity68 said:
I'll be at the Caps game on March 3rd and I will be leading a "we want Alex!!!" chant. Also, how do you actually pronounce his last name? I have never heard a person actually say it, I always see it written, but never spoken.

Pretty sure its "O-vetch-kin" I could be wrong. If you get a for sure correct pronunciation, i'd chant his last name. You could confuse Semin. He'd look up and be all like "What, i'm right here comrade!" :p

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
st_roland said:
Pretty sure its "O-vetch-kin" I could be wrong. If you get a for sure correct pronunciation, i'd chant his last name. You could confuse Semin. He'd look up and be all like "What, i'm right here comrade!" :p
not sure if it's correct, but i've heard it pronounced oh - vetch - kin , with the accent on the "vetch"

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Doug MacLean constantly pronounces it "O-veech-kin", with the "veech" rhyming with "beach".

But he definitely could be wrong, as he mispronounced Klesla's name when he drafted him.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Tanking watch:

Columbus won tonight, giving them 56 points with six games left to play. The Capitals have 55 points and the Penguins have 53 points.

With a loss tonight, the Capitals have five games left to play, as does Pittsburgh. The Capitals and Penguins play each other twice more before season's end, including the last game of the season.

The Caps started Matt Yeats in goal tonight, who sits behind Kolzig, Ouellet, Stana, Charpentier, Daigneault, and probably Gherson on the team's goaltending depth chart. This team isn't fooling around with the whole tanking thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->