Ovechkin shows why he is # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
cyclops said:
Here come the Russian fans.The only good players are from the land of the bear,Forsberg is over-rated and Victor Kozlov makes Maurice Richard look like Chris Kontos.

God,they are great.Ego,ego,ego...................like it's on steroids.Andro-ego.

This better be a sarcastic post. Otherwise you truely are a moron :shakehead

Kegger

Apr 23, 2002
Texas
Beatnik said:
it's very sad. Can't anyone appreciate both Corsby and Ovechkin??

I like Ovy reaction after his second goal pointing to his teammate who made a great pass.

I can appreciate both players. I am still waiting for the media to, though. Even the OLN coverage did not speak of Ovechkin on the post game show in the 30 minutes I watched after the game. I then grew discusted and turned it off because they made no mention of Fritche, AO, Chuinard, etc...all who were more deserving last night.

espo*

Slick Nick said:
Why don't you go suck on a maple leaf...

For god's sake, the kid has been phenomenal since he started in the NHL. Even more, he lost his superstar attitude (!) which I hated, as pretty much every russian/non-russian fan. The kid is great, really...
Did'nt i sat how great he/them and you all are? Just like you always do.

When in my past posts did i ever say he was'nt going to be great? As a matter of fact i said he would have the better year then Crosby in past threads about it,go back and check it out if you want. I know how good Ovechkin and the Russian players are,if you doubt it,just ask them!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

espo*

TK79 said:
This better be a sarcastic post. Otherwise you truely are a moron :shakehead
Why would that be?Is it because Everything everyone says around here that others don't agree with is moronic don't you know? It's either moronic/ridiculous/asinine/or in the wrong thread. So i don't think he's the best player in the world after one game and don't think all players from Russia should be bowed down to as per the very general poster North of Germany thinks so.That's the end of the world to you? You must live a a pretty good life. Easy there tiger.

The Mr. unhappy face at the end is really greasy too.........................you should consider getting rid of it.Just tell people they are a moron,don't add 2nd grade teacher happy/unhappy smileys to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Irish_Leaf said:
scored two goals already I gather :handclap:
Scoring 2 goals against a NASHless blue jackets(see AHL team)is not
proof of anything.That being said the rookies are awesome this year but
when you look at the skills and talent Crosby and Ovechkin are just sooooo
special.Lehetonen is special too but I'm not sure this will be his year.Parise and
others are going to be very good players but these 2 guys are in a dfferent
class imo.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
pei fan said:
Scoring 2 goals against a NASHless blue jackets(see AHL team)is not
proof of anything.That being said the rookies are awesome this year but
when you look at the skills and talent Crosby and Ovechkin are just sooooo
special.Lehetonen is special too but I'm not sure this will be his year.Parise and
others are going to be very good players but these 2 guys are in a dfferent
class imo.

yeah and one A playing with Rechi and Laclair is just awesome :bow:

pucks1

Apr 23, 2004
Watched the whole pens game. It look like sid got off to a good start, then came the penalties which kinda made the game choppy , not much flow. Sid looked like the superstar that got traded to a new team. By that i mean , alot of skill, but just not flowing with the team yet. But you can tell he will tear it up once he gels.

Ovechkin is just raw... :clap:

Zorin

Sep 2, 2002
Germany
www.krefeld-penguins.de
EroCaps said:
The media is making a bush mistake ignoring Ovechkin and comparing Crosby to Lemieux and Gretzky.

It'll probably be a blessing in disguise for Ovechkin, bc in the end I can't find anything about Crosby's game outside of his dialect that makes him that much more valuable to the NHL.

To my mind if you compare the styles (let alone the size) of the two I would be more like:

Crosby compared to Gretzky, Ovetchkin compared to Lemieux. And I would be absolutely thrilled if it should turn out that way (though I dislike either team) because another race of two out-of-this-world-superstars for Art Ross would be absolutely electrifying! And I would be keen on finding out who will be the new Yzerman, i.e. the player who would have won multiple individual trophys in every other decade but this... Maybe, if those two really have an impact as expected this could, combined with the new ruling, mark the return to the high-power offensive hockey of "new flying 80s". Wouldn't that be great?! And honestly, though I really prefer canadian hockey to russian one in genreal (no, I am not Canadian, I am german ;) ) I couldn't care less about who of the two has the 10 point edge in the end!

Go Sid, Go Alex and all the other offensive Talents in the league! Make hockey an offensive firework!!!!

Zorin

Phinny

Aug 10, 2005
Holy ****in ****....

Its ONE GAME

I love how quickly everyone ditches the Crosby bandwagon for Ovechkin. Players are going to have their bad nights and their good nights. If you're going to judge an entire NHL season on results from opening night your a ****in moron.

Personally I love Ovechkin and Crosby. I think both of them are amazing players that will make huge impacts on their respective teams. Give them time... its way too early to even THINK about comaring them.

MALKINnCROSBY

Jul 25, 2005
roshiajin said:
you mean "it's the Capitals", right? Ovechkin is getting great passes from Lemieux, Gonchar and Recchi, huh?

Yeah and Crosby is also as old as Ovechkin huh? They have also only played one freakin' game huh? Both guys are great talents, so do not start that BS...

KariyaIsGod*

CSKA said:
yeah and one A playing with Rechi and Laclair is just awesome :bow:

See, Crosby's assist was actually quality. It was a dazzling play.

Ovechkin scored two garbage goals.

Don't read into it too much. He won't score 184 goals this season.

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
DrMoses said:

This post doesn't even deserve a serious response.

Steve Latin*

Leafsin2006 said:
I agree that's how it should be, but when one players clearly dominates while the other is decent, the more dominant one deserve the spotlight. It's a joke how their giving little media attention Ovechkin, when he is clearly the better player as of now. As of now Ovechkin is living up to his hype, while Crosby as yet to prove anything.
Stupid Response. Crosby had a great game tonight. He just didn't score a goal.

IIRC Forsberg didn't score last night either ... in fact, he's never put up more than 30 goals at the NHL level. Does that mean he's overrated too?

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
DrMoses said:

His first goal was a quality shot with the fastest release you can see in the NHL. Anyways, as I said, his overall game is the thing to get excited about...

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Beatnik said:
it's very sad. Can't anyone appreciate both Corsby and Ovechkin??

I fully agree with that statement. I'm a caps fan and sure I poke fun at the media attention on Crosby. Wouldn't it do the NHL good to have them both rawk?

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
EroCaps said:
The media is making a bush mistake ignoring Ovechkin and comparing Crosby to Lemieux and Gretzky.

It'll probably be a blessing in disguise for Ovechkin, bc in the end I can't find anything about Crosby's game outside of his dialect that makes him that much more valuable to the NHL.

Very well said.

KariyaIsGod*

Slick Nick said:
His first goal was a quality shot with the fastest release you can see in the NHL. Anyways, as I said, his overall game is the thing to get excited about...

He has the fastest release in the NHL after one shot?
:biglaugh:

It's one game...

Crosby's assist was brilliant. AO got presents... Oh well.. Playing with Recchi and Leclair sure paid dividens last night... :shakehead

On another note... Have you ever seen any one poster jock a player as hard as Erocaps jocks AO?

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
DrMoses said:
On another note... Have you ever seen any one poster jock a player as hard as Erocaps jocks AO?

At least the guy doesn't have the word 'Ovechkin' in his user name. Same can't be said for some of the Crosby homers on this board. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad