Ovechkin says Russia CAN beat Canada!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
They could meet in the semi's.....what does everyone think?

Are the Russians playing better since the USA game?....even though they should have won that game, they have won two straight and look to be the most dangerous contender right now outside of Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
anything's possible.

belarus beat the u.s

that being said, GO CANADA GO !!!!

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
I cant believe Ovechkin said this :eek: ! I thouth he is just a russian team-captain who wants the gold medal :dunno:

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He said they could beat them if they play their game... which isn't incorrect.

If the Russians play well, (specficially Malkin and Ovechkin himself with some help from others) they 'could' beat Canada.

What's wrong with stating the obvious?

the Swiss could beat Russia today if they play their game.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Excuse but does anybody know where I can find Ovechkin pictures at this year's WJC?
Except the pictures from the Sportsline website.

I really like his visor with the Russian jersey!

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Um... What else would he say? "We're playing for Silver, we cannot beat those Northern Adonis'?" In fact, he would be up for criticism if asked if Russia could beat them and he said anything but "yes."

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
The Albino said:
Um... What else would he say? "We're playing for Silver, we cannot beat those Northern Adonis'?" In fact, he would be up for criticism if asked if Russia could beat them and he said anything but "yes."

Exactly.

Besides, Russia CAN really beat Canada. Just like in 99, 02 and 03.

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
Let's be honest...in a one-game format, anybody CAN beat anybody. A hot goalie, a cold goalie, couple of bad bounces...
If Canada plays Russia, I would put my money on the Canadians.
But a Russian victory is almost as likely.

Berkut

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I think Russia and Canada are about even at this tournament. I'd love to see a Russian-Canadian final. Russia is as if not more talented than Canada, so it should be a close game.

That's the problem with Canadian fans, every year...They like to bring you all kind of statistics and other such crap , but when the real games begin they get owned...It was just too funny to read all the comments on TSN.ca after the final in 2002,2003.

On Sports net, in 2003, I even heard the guy saying "Russia cheated". :lol

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Berkut said:
I think Russia and Canada are about even at this tournament. I'd love to see a Russian-Canadian final. Russia is as if not more talented than Canada, so it should be a close game.

That's the problem with Canadian fans, every year...They like to bring you all kind of statistics and other such crap , but when the real games begin they get owned...It was just too funny to read all the comments on TSN.ca after the final in 2002,2003.

On Sports net, in 2003, I even heard the guy saying "Russia cheated". :lol

Thats what am saying !!! We have to wait until semi / final game !

All that "we scored 24" goals, we are the best" is crap !

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
:lol This thread was stupid when the title said that Ovechkin had stated that Russia will win Canada.

It's even dumber now that the title has changed :lol :lol

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Diaboli said:
:lol This thread was stupid when the title said that Ovechkin had stated that Russia will win Canada.

It's even dumber now that the title has changed :lol :lol

Let me ask everyone here... What is he suppost to say? "We will lose to Canada." "We can't play with them...." Come on... Kinda would send the wrong message don't you think.

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
Almost as good as Malkin's "Take me home now, there is no way we can beat Canada so let me just go back to Russia already"....

What did you expect him to say. Russia has the firepower to match Canada offensively, and contrary to the stats, I still do not trust Glass in goal. Russia may be weak in net, but if Russia can press Canada offensively, Glass, at least to me, has not shown that he can handle a serious offensive barrage. If Russia "plays its game" then that would be producing some top offensive chances so that would put the pressure on Canada.

It is fully possible that Russia could beat Canada. Heck it is fully possible that any team in the elimination round could beat Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad