Ovechkin Pretending to score before a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
I'm sure it's something Ovechkin does to get himself in the right frame of mind menally (...mental rehearsal is often used by sports psychologists), but there's a time and a place for it.

Crossroads*

I hope he does do it so Canada could try to set him straight.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
When you know you are good you are better than the guy that doesnt know he is good. I heard this somewhere i think.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Crossroads said:
I hope he does do it so Canada could try to set him straight.

I hope he doesn't, because he'd end up looking like an idiot and some of retaliating Canadians would end up looking like bloodthirsty Neanderthals.

Crossroads*

Boucicaut said:
I hope he doesn't, because he'd end up looking like an idiot and some of retaliating Canadians would end up looking like bloodthirsty Neanderthals.

The bottom line is that if he hopes to play in the NHL he cannot continue this. NHL teams will not tolerate embarassment. His attitude needs MAJOR readjustment before he steps into the NHL for his own sake...

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
i think it's just stupid and then people will run around making excuses for him.."oh it's his ritual! it gets him ready for the game! let him do it! blah blah blah!" obviously it pisses a lot of people off (and i'm sure someone will say that's a good thing) but it's gonna cause more problems than it's worth if he keeps it up.

but christ...that honestly sounds like something a 5 year old would do...sorry ovechkin, you're not cool doing that...

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Crossroads said:
The bottom line is that if he hopes to play in the NHL he cannot continue this. NHL teams will not tolerate embarassment. His attitude needs MAJOR readjustment before he steps into the NHL for his own sake...

I agree. He needs to mature.

IkeaMonkey*

Levitate said:
but christ...that honestly sounds like something a 5 year old would do...sorry ovechkin, you're not cool doing that...

Man, why you gotta crush AO's feelings like that, Levitate! You know he looks up to you!

habfan4

Jul 16, 2002
Deus Amat Pretzel
Visit site
It may seem ridiculous, but there is a reason that teams are assigned a side of the rink to warm up on before games (think back to Quebec/Montréal brawls or Philly/Montréal brawls). The WJC officials should have a chat with Ovechkin and make it clear that he stays on his side of centre.

espo*

Reilly311 said:
lol, Canada is whining.
ease off...you're out of this tourney for all intents and purposes.We are cutting off at the pass the crap they pulled with you guys last game and which you and your fans did'nt like.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
Please, any Russian posters don't be mad at me, but all of the Russians I have ever met were rude by our western standards. Regardless, maybe the kid doesn't even know he's being a jackass. We north americans do have different standards than they do. Someone just needs to tell him to calm down and that his behavior is not acceptable on north american ice. If he continues to do it after that, then he gets what's coming to him. This is only a stab at an explanation. :dunno:

habfan4

Jul 16, 2002
Deus Amat Pretzel
Visit site
crossxcheck said:
Please, any Russian posters don't be mad at me, but all of the Russians I have ever met were rude by our western standards. Regardless, maybe the kid doesn't even know he's being a jackass. We north americans do have different standards than they do. Someone just needs to tell him to calm down and that his behavior is not acceptable on north american ice. This is only a guess. :dunno:

:shakehead Brutal generalization - Way to add to the thread.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
habfan4 said:
:shakehead Brutal generalization - Way to add to the thread.

I think you failed to see my point. I said they were rude by our standards. Doesn't make them terrible people. Geez. My overall point is that maybe, due to different standards, that he doesn't even realize what he's doing is wrong.

IkeaMonkey*

crossxcheck said:
Please, any Russian posters don't be mad at me, but all of the Russians I have ever met were rude by our western standards. Regardless, maybe the kid doesn't even know he's being a jackass. We north americans do have different standards than they do. Someone just needs to tell him to calm down and that his behavior is not acceptable on north american ice. If he continues to do it after that, then he gets what's coming to him. This is only a stab at an explanation. :dunno:

C-J..., is that you?

Reilly311

cyclops said:
ease off...you're out of this tourney for all intents and purposes.We are cutting off at the pass the crap they pulled with you guys last game and which you and your fans did'nt like.

Ok, but that doesn't change the fact that Canada is whining.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
crossxcheck said:
I think you failed to see my point. I said they were rude by our standards. Doesn't make them terrible people. Geez. My overall point is that maybe, due to different standards, that he doesn't even realize what he's doing is wrong.

you need help

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
CSKA said:
you need help

I try to offer a logical explanation and you guys get touchy. I don't think you even understand what I am saying.

maybe this is better...

"AO is an obnoxious little pr$ck and should be crosschecked in the head by phaneuf." that's what you guys seems to like to talk about.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
It may seem ridiculous, but there is a reason that teams are assigned a side of the rink to warm up on before games (think back to Quebec/Montréal brawls or Philly/Montréal brawls). The WJC officials should have a chat with Ovechkin and make it clear that he stays on his side of centre.

and this is a very good point...

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
just leave Phaneuf in front of the net. if Ovechkin comes in to do his ritual, and pretend to score, Phaneuf can do a ritual too, and pretend to do an open ice body check on a player driving to the net. if Ovechkin comes into Canada's zone and runs into it, it's his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad