Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
fullmetalninja said:
Nice cross threading, troll...

Let's cross thread shall we:

I don't think Ottawa would be, Montreal I don't see enough of to say, Detroit is now.
I am the triggerman, I am the underhand, I'll keep you on your knees, I am the brain police, I am the triggerman, I am the underhand, I'm full of dirty tricks, I'm twice as smart and, Certainly twice as sick

That's what you posted on a thread entitled "wimpiest team". Now you had previously blamed your intellectual inability on your being born of the South. I don't think that is true, I just think you are slow. If you are part of the "brain police" I have to say I'm not that impressed with your jurisdiction.

Tell me, what does "wimpiest" team mean?

Surely you would not opine on one thread that toughness has little to do with actual fighting ability, and then post on another thread that the "wimpiest" team is Detroit.

Do tell.

Why is Detroit the wimpiest team?

I would say that their lack of an enforcer might qualify them.

How do you arrive at that conclusion? Afterall Pims don't equal toughness right?

:shakehead

-fullmetalninja

It was a freaking joke man, come on, don't be a dork, you don't have to take everything so literal. Just like the phrase "in no way" was really the poster making a general statement, only someone as anal as yourself would have a problem with it, and go on a 8 paragraph arguement on how there has to be some way he's tougher.....

I've already stated I think Ruutu is tougher. The last post was a joke, pull the nipple out of your mouth and relax. As far as Detroit being the wimpest team, it goes beyond fighting, I'm including physical play.

And please show me where I said toughness has little to do with fighting. I said you don't have to fight to be tough, no where did I say toughness had little to do with fighting. Surely someone as picky as you can figure that out, maybe I need to type slower for you......

As far as the ragging on my tagline. It's a song, I didn't write it, again, don't be such a dork.

Last edited:

sandels

Aug 2, 2005
Lake Bodom
Ovechkin while being surprisingly physical for a skilled Russian forward is not in Tuomo's league in physical play or overall toughness from what I've seen.

Brian Sutter was serious when he said that Ruutu as a rookie kid in the NHL could physically destroy people with hits.

That said, I had hopes last year Tuomo would initiate more fights to go along his battering ram style. IMO that would make him even TOUGHER player and make him a complete throwback to players like Cam Neely or Wendel Clark.

I'm afraid altough naturally very strong kid as he is, Tuomo is not that much of a fighter or at least not too interested in taking and giving a beating every once in a while. Its just that IMO more fights from Tuomo would be the icing on the cake.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
Hawkhead said:
Ovechkin will never be an Elite Player.

Ruutu would end Ovechkin's career if they met in the open ice.

Ovechkin:

-played with a dislocated shoulder and stunk in a "junior" game.
-hasn't proven anything so far
-hasnt lived up to his "physical" play

Ruutu
-played with a dislocated shoulder in the WC! Was Finland's best player and went through Canada's senior team on a crazy goal.
-has had a three page story on him in the hockey news where it says he is the best hitter in the NHL.
-Has evolved into a PPG player in the NHL.
-Ovechkin will never be a better player then Ruutu.

So people who say Ruutu would be beaten by Ovechkin open ice...

You are pretty much saying he will be the bets hitter in the NHL?

Ovechkin would be tanked so hard by Ruutu he would have his career ended period.

If you have the time look up a hit Ruutu had when playing for HIFK, he ran a guy and this dude couldnt get up. Dam i got the hit form a finnish dude and I was liek what?!?!?!

Ovechkin can develop into a much better version of sergei krivokrasov, peace.

Ruutu for prez!

I hope this is sarcasm. "Ruutu for prez" would suggest so...but then again I've seen much worse on here.

Hawkhead

Jun 5, 2004
Canada
www.kiekko.tk

Obviously I was joking but Ruutu is twice the player of Ovechkin, skill wise I see them evenly and physical wise he is lightyears ahead. Again both played in championship games with dislocated shoulders Ruutu's was on THE BIGGEST STAGE and he was the player of the game amongst the best players in the world scoring a goal and standing up either Sakic or Thornton. Ovechkin couldnt compete with U-20 players XD

Really, coming from someone who has seen both play it is no contest. Ovechkin was good in Russia but he is so overhyped. I guess you can scratch out "physical play" he is gonna get destroyed physical wise if he cant play juniors physical.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Hawkhead said:

Obviously I was joking but Ruutu is twice the player of Ovechkin, skill wise I see them evenly and physical wise he is lightyears ahead. Again both played in championship games with dislocated shoulders Ruutu's was on THE BIGGEST STAGE and he was the player of the game amongst the best players in the world scoring a goal and standing up either Sakic or Thornton. Ovechkin couldnt compete with U-20 players XD

Really, coming from someone who has seen both play it is no contest. Ovechkin was good in Russia but he is so overhyped. I guess you can scratch out "physical play" he is gonna get destroyed physical wise if he cant play juniors physical.

:speechles

Mat

ruutu >>>> ovechkin

ovechkin will be the next fedorov down the road, but at the moment....ruutu has better linemates and has already adapted to the NHL
ovechkin is talented but not a god like some people are making him out to be.

my predictions:

ruutu - 75pts
ovechkin - 57pts

bigjags*

Both guys are studs.

IMO, If healthy and once in their prime year they'll be in the top 5 scoring year after year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->