Ovechkin or Ruutu this year ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oil_slick9416*

The Boot said:
So say he wasn't injured and completely fell apart against competition inferior to NHLers. It wasONE GAME. He was great the rest of the tourny and as Erocaps stated he did have a very good performance on the Russian national team. This is coming from someone who has Ruutu in his avatar so it's not some sort of biased Ovechkin love fest on my end.

Back to the actual question at hand, Ruutu vs Ovechkin this upcoming season. I'd go with Ruutu, not to slight Ovechkin's skill. Ruutu has better line mates (Arnason, Daze vs Cassels, Zubrus) that he has proven chemistry with. I pretty much agree with Birko19, Ruutu with 60-70, Ovechkin with 50-60.

and that one game happened to be the CHAMPIONSHIP game.

Jokerit

Aug 18, 2004
Tuomo Ruutu considered underrated is the fault of a Brian Sutter and a poor team. You might say the 05-06 Washington Capitals are the 03-04 Chicago Blackhawks incarnate.

Total 82 23 21 44

Pre-Allstar 55 8 8 16
Post-Allstar 27 15 13 28

Of what presence will Alexander Ovechkin have in Washington? Hopefully he'll adapt quickly to the "new game". I for one would like to see him succeed in a sullen market with a thrift-spendy owner.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
EroCaps said:
You're right. It's his fault he seperated his shoulder. Bad Ovechkin.

Yeah, he should have tried to play through it even though it might have meant injuring himself further, thereby keeping him out of action longer. Hey, and lets no even go down the path of how well anybody should be able to pass, recieve or shoot with a separated shoulder....

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
From a Hawks POV, I'll be the first one to say that Ovechkin has the higher ceiling offensively over the long term. Ruutu has the advantage of being 4 years older, already playing a full year in the NHL, and has a much better supporting cast. Give AO a couple of years, and I really expect him to be a PPG+ type of player. Hopefully Ruutu can stay healthy, which is the main concern I have for his type of player.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
See I thought, Tuomo Ruutu was a very tough physical hockey player, he looked like it to me. Now, though, I have learned that a player must have 70+ pims to be considered tough, Ruutu had only 58.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Triggrman? Not the PIM's=Tough guy thing AGAIN!!!! Although, if that idiot Sutter would've given Ruutu more Ice time the 1st half of the season, I'm sure he coulda reached the coveted goal of 70 PIM.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
cyclops said:
Have it your way,i would'nt call you the most objective guy around here when it concerns one Alexander Ovechkin however.

The shaky head guy was due to the fact that he obviously didn't read what I wrote. I *try* to be objective. :D It's not like I start threads about the greatness of Ovechkin.

The Boot

Feb 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Oil_slick9416 said:
and that one game happened to be the CHAMPIONSHIP game.

Well even if you are using that game to question his play under pressure i don't see how it even remotely applies to the thread topic. How many games CHAMPIONSHIP games will Ovechkin be playing in washington this year? Washington won't make it to the playoffs this year

SSM12

May 30, 2004
North Carolina, USA
Ruutu? more like Ruuwho. I mean seriously go Ovechkin, and i absoloutley despise the caps, i just like russian players ;). BTW if the whole ovechkin taunting bit is still up in the air go to:

www.nhl.com

then click more nhl.com exclusives, then in depth, then kovalchuk and watch his highlights

espo*

EroCaps said:
The shaky head guy was due to the fact that he obviously didn't read what I wrote. I *try* to be objective. :D It's not like I start threads about the greatness of Ovechkin.
O.K. Understood then.

Hawkhead

Jun 5, 2004
Canada
www.kiekko.tk
Ovechkin will never be an Elite Player.

Ruutu would end Ovechkin's career if they met in the open ice.

Ovechkin:

-played with a dislocated shoulder and stunk in a "junior" game.
-hasn't proven anything so far
-hasnt lived up to his "physical" play

Ruutu
-played with a dislocated shoulder in the WC! Was Finland's best player and went through Canada's senior team on a crazy goal.
-has had a three page story on him in the hockey news where it says he is the best hitter in the NHL.
-Has evolved into a PPG player in the NHL.
-Ovechkin will never be a better player then Ruutu.

So people who say Ruutu would be beaten by Ovechkin open ice...

You are pretty much saying he will be the bets hitter in the NHL?

Ovechkin would be tanked so hard by Ruutu he would have his career ended period.

If you have the time look up a hit Ruutu had when playing for HIFK, he ran a guy and this dude couldnt get up. Dam i got the hit form a finnish dude and I was liek what?!?!?!

Ovechkin can develop into a much better version of sergei krivokrasov, peace.

Ruutu for prez!

Hawkhead

Jun 5, 2004
Canada
www.kiekko.tk
Really??!?!?! Thanks man now I must throw away my Malikin jersey! :cry:

Karel Pilar and Antropov? I thought they were traded for Datsyuk and Zetterberg LOL Antropov should be in the ECHL .

Twist and Shout

Dec 30, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Hawkhead said:
Karel Pilar and Antropov? I thought they were traded for Datsyuk and Zetterberg LOL Antropov should be in the ECHL .

Huh?

No, actually Pilar is out with heart problems and Antropov is waiting for the season to begin and step in front of 19,000 fans at the ACC.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Hawkhead said:
Ovechkin will never be an Elite Player.

Ruutu would end Ovechkin's career if they met in the open ice.

Ovechkin:

-played with a dislocated shoulder and stunk in a "junior" game.
-hasn't proven anything so far
-hasnt lived up to his "physical" play

Ruutu
-played with a dislocated shoulder in the WC! Was Finland's best player and went through Canada's senior team on a crazy goal.
-has had a three page story on him in the hockey news where it says he is the best hitter in the NHL.
-Has evolved into a PPG player in the NHL.
-Ovechkin will never be a better player then Ruutu.

So people who say Ruutu would be beaten by Ovechkin open ice...

You are pretty much saying he will be the bets hitter in the NHL?

Ovechkin would be tanked so hard by Ruutu he would have his career ended period.

If you have the time look up a hit Ruutu had when playing for HIFK, he ran a guy and this dude couldnt get up. Dam i got the hit form a finnish dude and I was liek what?!?!?!

Ovechkin can develop into a much better version of sergei krivokrasov, peace.

Ruutu for prez!

That's the best thing I've seen on these boards.

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
triggrman said:
See I thought, Tuomo Ruutu was a very tough physical hockey player, he looked like it to me. Now, though, I have learned that a player must have 70+ pims to be considered tough, Ruutu had only 58.

Nice cross threading, troll...

Let's cross thread shall we:

I don't think Ottawa would be, Montreal I don't see enough of to say, Detroit is now.
I am the triggerman, I am the underhand, I'll keep you on your knees, I am the brain police, I am the triggerman, I am the underhand, I'm full of dirty tricks, I'm twice as smart and, Certainly twice as sick

That's what you posted on a thread entitled "wimpiest team". Now you had previously blamed your intellectual inability on your being born of the South. I don't think that is true, I just think you are slow. If you are part of the "brain police" I have to say I'm not that impressed with your jurisdiction.

Tell me, what does "wimpiest" team mean?

Surely you would not opine on one thread that toughness has little to do with actual fighting ability, and then post on another thread that the "wimpiest" team is Detroit.

Do tell.

Why is Detroit the wimpiest team?

I would say that their lack of an enforcer might qualify them.

How do you arrive at that conclusion? Afterall Pims don't equal toughness right?

:shakehead

-fullmetalninja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad