Ovechkin or Giroux???

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Yeah, I would take Giroux over OV now. And I know he doesn't play center now, but the majority of his career he was center. If I had to take either Giroux or OV to start a franchise (and as theoretical - both have their careers ahead of them), I would go Giroux. I don't think you go wrong with picking either, and both have legit factors to be picked ahead of each other. OV turned into maybe the best goalscorer of all time.
I do not understand.. :)

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Sorry. I don't know how to make it more clear -
You can't because it does not make sense especially after the season Ovechkin had last year and 8 goals in 10 games this year is not too shabby. I am not even talking about his career stats, it is very well known

it's just my personal preference.
I understood that... just do not understand the rest.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
You can't because it does not make sense especially after the season Ovechkin had last year and 8 goals in 10 games this year is not too shabby. I am not even talking about his career stats, it is very well known

I understood that... just do not understand the rest.

ok.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Semin and zherdev were 2 of the weirdest players i've ever seen. You never knew what you were going to get from those guys shift to shift. Could be an unbelievable rush where they beat 5 guys or it could be a pass out into your own slot for a goal against.

I f***ing loved Zherdev. Automatic goal with the 5-hole shot

Reactions: Jtown

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
At first, I thought it would be easy to say Ovechkin but I'm not completely certain. If both were 17, I'd trade Ovechkin and have Hakstol bench him everytime he doesn;t play defense.

But, I hate the tendency of labeling anyone who is currently the best at something "the best of all time"
Ovechkin is the best goal scorer of all-time.
No I don't agree with that
He's the best goal scorer of his era, not all time.

And I don't care about comparing his stats to a player from a different era because the stats mean nothing without the proper context and historical perspective.

ITs the same thing with people who compare QB stats in today's Arena league football era to a QB like Roger Staubach or Ken Stabler who played during the 70's when it was no holds barred against the QB, when you could literally clothesline a QB.
Pointless debates with no real answers

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
11-12: Giroux 93 points, Ovechkin 65 points

NHL.com - Stats

I'm talking about overall body of work. Bro you cannot be more of a Homer. Giroux is not in the same league as Ovechkin don't even. Giroux won't even make the hall, AO is an auto LOCK for HoF and one of the greatest goal scorers of all time. Take the shades off. Even if Giroux hoists a cup and a CS trophy(which is never happening), I still don't think this is remotely close.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
"Giroux is not and never was on his level"

If you say dumb shit around here, you'll get exposed. Maybe try Facebook.

Giroux has more points this decade than Ovechkin, if you want to look at overall body of work.

NHL.com - Stats

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Your opinions are not facts. Giroux having more points this decade than Ovechkin, is a fact.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Almost as dumb as the hundred old main board threads about Ovechkin being a choker because for 12 years he didn't single handedly make his team win the Cup.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
"Giroux is not and never was on his level"

If you say dumb **** around here, you'll get exposed. Maybe try Facebook.

Giroux has more points this decade than Ovechkin, if you want to look at overall body of work.

NHL.com - Stats
And considering all Ovechkin does is score, if he's being outscored then the debate is over. Giroux is the more well rounded player and the superior player last year.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Both great players so leave it at that but as a hard nosed guy myself I go with the modern Lindros in OVI. Hes what you pay to watch. G in 2012 was awesome and gritty but to small to go the distance while OVI can still truck at a high level in the games that matter the playoffs. Some teams never win a cup and that isnt on g here but its to late for him now. Wish he could have got one though.

Reactions: Philly Fanatik

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
No one wins alone in a team sport. Individuals contribute to a team. In various fashions, some more some less depending on their roles and amount of responsibilty expected of them.

End of lesson. Well work on more later. Keep coming out!!! Knowledge is power!! :thumbu:
Ovi if not for the pens two years in a row would have had maybe 3 cups in a row. He still was awesome and showed up to play but he took the d side of the game really serious trotz said last year.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
No one wins alone in a team sport. Individuals contribute to a team. In various fashions, some more some less depending on their roles and amount of responsibilty expected of them.

End of lesson. Well work on more later. Keep coming out!!! Knowledge is power!! :thumbu:
That's impossible. Ovechkin couldn't have contributed to the team winning because he's a playoff choker who can't lead a team, just like Giroux!

Are you saying that winning a cup isn't all on one person and individuals can't be blamed if the team doesn't win?!?!

Is a cup win an individual accomplishment or not? These contradictions are so confusing!

Reactions: Curufinwe

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
G led teams have done nothing and should have won a round by now but its to late and he deserves a chance elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad