Ovechkin/McDavid vs Kucherov/Crosby

Ovechkin/McDavid vs Kucherov/Crosby

• Total voters

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Russia/Canada vs Russia/Canada. 2 powerful hockey nations, with their two best players. Which duo would you choose for the rest of the season including playoffs as well as next season?

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Really hard to say. I kind of do feel that McDavid is the most likely of the 4 to have the best season next year. Then again, OV is probably the most one dimensional of the group and most likely to regress.

Flip a coin I guess.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I think McDavid and Ovechkin would be a good pairing. Ovie plays well with fast players like Kuznetsov.

No telling if Kucherov would gel with Crosby, who is notoriously difficult to pair with.

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Really hard to say. I kind of do feel that McDavid is the most likely of the 4 to have the best season next year. Then again, OV is probably the most one dimensional of the group and most likely to regress.

Flip a coin I guess.

One dimensional greatest goalscorer who leads his team in hits at the age of 33. I wish most of "all-around" guys would be one-dimensional like him

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
One dimensional greatest goalscorer who leads his team in hits at the age of 33. I wish most of "all-around" guys would be one-dimensional like him

I didn't say he's one dimensional. I said he's probably the most one dimensional of the group. McDavid, Sid and Kucherov are all fantastic offensive players.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think McDavid and Ovechkin would be a good pairing. Ovie plays well with fast players like Kuznetsov.

No telling if Kucherov would gel with Crosby, who is notoriously difficult to pair with.
Kucherov plays well with anybody though. I think they both see the game at an extremely high level. It would work.

Reactions: binop7

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Crosby/kuch.
Kuch will likely be top 3 in scoring next year and Crosby will likely have another top 10 in scoring finish. Both play great in the playoffs

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
This season and playoffs Crosby/Kucherov no question, but next season makes it tougher to decide. Still went with Crosby/Kuch.

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
Ovechkin and McDavid and I don't think twice. Fastest player who can do everything and best goal scorer/most physical player, thanks can I have seconds?

On the other hand, you have possibly the best overall player in the league (Crosby) & the hottest player in the league (Kucherov), you should think twice

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Don't you guys know that Crosby > OV this season because he has 3 more pts? Just like last season, as proven by hart voting. :nod:

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
Don't you guys know that Crosby > OV this season because he has 3 more pts? Just like last season, as proven by hart voting. :nod:

Crosby is carrying his team offensively (on pace for 100 points) while playing at Selke level defensively.
Both are having great seasons, we’ll have to wait until the end to say who had the better season

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
Crosby is carrying his team offensively (on pace for 100 points) while playing at Selke level defensively.
Both are having great seasons, we’ll have to wait until the end to say who had the better season
Crosby has 2 other players in the top 25 in points while Ovechkin has zero teammates there, if anyone is carrying their team offensively it's Ovechkin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad