Ovechkin-Malkin-Olesz

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeydad15

May 1, 2004
Not nowing much about Ovechkin, Malkin and Radulov, other than they are predicted to go 1,2,3 at young guns hockey. i don't see all the hype after looking at their stats for 03-04 season.
Ovechkin-53 games,13-10-23, Malkin-34 games,3-9-12, Radulov-42 games,15-16-31. What makes these three players the best in the draft? They all had great profiles written about them, but they have a total of 66 points for the season? How about Baker on defense, 69 games, 21-44-65, Schremp 63 games, 30-45-75, Ladd 71 games,30-45-75. i'm no scout or gm, however i do look at stats to see what these kids can do.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Different league's.. I believe Ovechkin plays in the Russian elite league, 23 points in that league as an 18 year old is exceptional. He plays with men.. The other Russians are playing in league lower and the North Americans you mentioned play in a totally different league, by far more easier to put up stats. They, in contrast to Ovechkin play with kids of their own age only if I am not mistaken.

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
Modano = Dud said:
Different league's.. I believe Ovechkin plays in the Russian elite league, 23 points in that league as an 18 year old is exceptional. He plays with men.. The other Russians are playing in league lower and the North Americans you mentioned play in a totally different league, by far more easier to put up stats. They, in contrast to Ovechkin play with kids of their own age only if I am not mistaken.

Ovechkin and Malking both play in the Russian Super League. I think Malkin received the ROY in the league this year. Olesz plays in the top Czech league.

I dont know much about the top czech league from and offensive/defensive style league. However, the RSL is extremely defensive. Even more so than the NHL. The league has guys who are in their prime(26-29) and Ovechkin and Malkin secured high spots on their teams respectively. If you are looking completely at statistics, the WHL/OHL/etc. are going to have a ton more points than the RSL. In the junior leagues, these guys are playing against guys relatively their own age. Malkin and OVechkin have been playing against men since they were 16-17.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
pittengineer said:
Ovechkin and Malking both play in the Russian Super League. I think Malkin received the ROY in the league this year. Olesz plays in the top Czech league.

I dont know much about the top czech league from and offensive/defensive style league. However, the RSL is extremely defensive. Even more so than the NHL. The league has guys who are in their prime(26-29) and Ovechkin and Malkin secured high spots on their teams respectively. If you are looking completely at statistics, the WHL/OHL/etc. are going to have a ton more points than the RSL. In the junior leagues, these guys are playing against guys relatively their own age. Malkin and OVechkin have been playing against men since they were 16-17.

Ovechkin was named the RSL's best LW (all-star), and Malkin won rookie of the year. Great feats for kids.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Modano = Dud said:

That playing with men crap is getting old, there all young men in the Juniors, if you say Ovechkin is playing with experienced veterans, then I will agree, but its still not that big of a difference.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Vincent_TheGreat said:
That playing with men crap is getting old, there all young men in the Juniors, if you say Ovechkin is playing with experienced veterans, then I will agree, but its still not that big of a difference.

I'm not sure I understand. There is a major difference between the Elite league and the Junior league. Fo

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I just simply listen to the consensus of the scouts.

They are pros and they know what they are doing. They say Ovechkin and Malkin are number one and two respectively, I am no person to argue with them.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Vincent_TheGreat said:
There's no young men in juniors. It's teenagers, kids.

You could make the case that there are young men in the NCAA, however.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Jacobv2 said:
There's no young men in juniors. It's teenagers, kids.

You could make the case that there are young men in the NCAA, however.

No case needs to be made, there are young men. See Thomas Pock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->