Ovechkin knocks out Metallurg

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
On Friday Ovechkin sent Gonchar to the hospital.

Today he ripped off the entire Metallurg Magnitogorsk team!

Dynamo beat Metallurg 7-3, and Ovechkin finished with 2 goals, 2 assists.

Ovechkin's season totals :

19 games
7 goals
6 assists

13 points :banana:

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Impressive, he has matched the pointtotals of Alexander Frolov. The difference is he's three years younger and played 5 more games.

Last edited:

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
wilka91 said:

19 games
7 goals
6 assists

What are you talking about? Dynamo beat Metallurg 2-1. The goals were scored by Kharitonov and Bartecko. I don't get it. :help:

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
TORRUS said:
What are you talking about? Dynamo beat Metallurg 2-1. The goals were scored by Kharitonov and Bartecko. I don't get it. :help:
That game was 29th, Friday in Metallurg (Yes, Dynamo won 2:1).

This game just finished in Moscow and Dynamo won again 7:3. Ovechkin with 2G+2A.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
TORRUS said:
No, he's right. Today Dynamo beat Metallurg with 7-3 but I wouldn't give all the credits to Ovechkin. There's one guy, called Pavel Rosa, who never got a chance in the NHL. :innocent:

6.59 A.Chupin (P.Rosa) 1:0
16.52 P.Sykora (S.Piskunov) 1:1
29.30 P.Rosa (A.Chupin, A.Ovechkin) 2:1
30.13 V.Shakhraychuk 3:1
31.58 A.Tertyshnyy 3:2
38.44 P.Rosa (A.Chupin, A.Ovechkin) 4:2
50.02 I.Mirnov (I.Nikulin) 5:2
52.56 A.Ovechkin (A.Chupin, I.Nikulin) 6:2
56.06 A.Ovechkin (A.Chupin, P.Rosa) 7:2
57.55 S.Arekayev (M.Cech) 7:3

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
I'm really happy that Dynamo and Ovechkin are doing well! Can't wait to see them in continental cup in hungary! :jump:

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Mr.Brownov said:
Didn't he have Visa problems and returned to N A?
I heard that he returned to USA to continue his work license and then go back to Russia. He played in this game with Afinogenov and Bartechko.

Astaroth

Apr 22, 2004
Montreal,Qc
I always loved Pavel Rosa. He was so the man on that Olympiques de Hull powerhouse, I was always dissapointed how he never even seem to have a chance on any NHL team. He drafted by the Rangers in the third round if I remember. I wonder if anybody have any info on him since he left juniors, like his ahl and RSL career bio.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Astaroth said:
I always loved Pavel Rosa. He was so the man on that Olympiques de Hull powerhouse, I was always dissapointed how he never even seem to have a chance on any NHL team. He drafted by the Rangers in the third round if I remember. I wonder if anybody have any info on him since he left juniors, like his ahl and RSL career bio.

Rosa:
games, goals, assists, points and PIM's.

1997-98 Long Beach Ice Dogs IHL 2 0 1 1 0
1997-98 Fredericton Canadiens AHL 1 0 0 0 0
1998-99 Los-Angeles Kings NHL 29 4 12 16 6
1998-99 Long Beach Ice Dogs IHL 31 17 13 30 28
1999-00 Long Beach Ice Dogs IHL 74 22 31 53 76
1999-00 Los-Angeles Kings NHL 3 0 0 0 0
2000-01 HPK Hameenlinna FNL 54 25 25 50 53
2001-02 Jokerit Helsinki FNL 46 21 22 43 37
2002-03 Manchester Monarchs AHL 61 28 35 63 20
2002-03 Los-Angeles Kings NHL 2 0 0 0 0
2003-04 Manchester Monarchs AHL 77 39 49 88 32
2003-04 Los-Angeles Kings NHL 2 1 1 2 0
2004-05 Moscow Dynamo Russia 20 9 8 17 6

And he was drafted by the Kings.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
12# Peter Bondra said:
I just wonder why he never was given a fair chance.
He isn't physical, can't skate and doesn't play defense but he knows how to find the back of the net.

Scored as rookie 16 points in 29 games for the Kings but got simply ignored afterwards. He was the leading scorer in the AHL last season, he got a 2-game recall, played 2 games, scored a goal and added an assist, as reward he got sent back to Manchester again. That's the story Pavel Rosa.

Meanwhile Rosa continues in the RSL where's he's good at, scoring goals, 21GP-11G-10A.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
wilka91 said:

19 games
7 goals
6 assists

I thought he had 6 G going into today's game?

Anyhow, a big win for first place Dynamo, shelling second place Metallurg.

Lord

The game itself was the best in RSL season so far. No doubt. I think that only World Cup semifinal between Canada and Czechs was better from what i watched live this season. Great game, especially the 2-nd period.
Ovechkin was outstanding today. Very impressive, it seems he is on the way to his best form, which Alexander lost a year ago. Ovechkin regressed last season under coach Bill, but after Vladimir Krikunov took the head coach position Alexander began to develope his game nicely. Though i think that first star should be go to Pavel Rosa. Really nice perfomance from him so far. This man just knows what to do with the puck and knows where he can find it. Just wonder why he was not given a fair chance in th NHL?
Choupin is the second star in my opinion. 1+4 not too shabby i guess.
Ovechkin also made a nice move, when he dribbled past three players of Metallurg on the distance of just 7-8 metres, but at the last moment he was hooked down by the defender just in front of the goalkeeper. No penalty shot, no even 2 minutes for obvious foul. Very bad decision by the referee Sergey Karabanov.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
Scored as rookie 16 points in 29 games for the Kings but got simply ignored afterwards. He was the leading scorer in the AHL last season, he got a 2-game recall, played 2 games, scored a goal and added an assist, as reward he got sent back to Manchester again. That's the story Pavel Rosa.

Meanwhile Rosa continues in the RSL where's he's good at, scoring goals, 21GP-11G-10A.

Sounds pretty good to me.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
wilka91 said:
Ovechkin-Semin-Crosby line?

That would be one hell of a line. You have Semin who is the pure sniper/scorer, Crosby who has superb vision of the ice and passes expertly while being solid evertwhere, and Ovechkin who combines scoring ability and size in a dynamic package.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
wilka91 said:
Ovechkin-Semin-Crosby line?

If... and that's a big if... I'm betting they play on seperate lines.

More than likely, they'd be together on the Power play, though I'm still of the opinion that Semin could make others better around him, and as such could lead his own second PowerPlay unit.

If... (drool... orgasm) It's Crosby on the Caps (which I doubt, I'll take Brule, or Johnson, or like 8 other quality players :D), if I was coach, I'd probably put Crosby with Semin, and maybe either Bondra (if he's resigned) or someone else with some decent years on that line. Say, a veteran who's been through the ranks a bit, maybe a Zhamnov, looking for either Aulin or Klepis down the road to take that spot. Similarly, I'm interested to see how Semin will mesh with Fleischmann as well... but back on subject. Semin won't mind setting him up instead of putting up all the goals. And their speed and creativity could compliment each other. Not that Ovechkin isn't creative, but I'd probably prefer Ovechkin on a line of his own, to not allow a team to attempt to shut down the one solid line. I'm not a subscriber to the one "overkill line".

And... If I was coach, I'd put Ovechkin on the LeftWing with Fehr on his RightWing and Zubrus up the middle. That would be a line of players all 6'2/3"+ (pending on the source) 220+ players who won't mind throwing their weight around or causing problems in front of the net. Zubrus isn't the greatest centerman, but he does work hard enough on both ends and on a line with Ovechkin and Fehr, he would not be called upon to put up a great number of points. But the traffic and physical presence this line could create would be interesting. This line would also be a lot more defensively responsible, and would create real problems for whoever's matching up against them. (If everything works out)

And while Semin could learn how to play Rightwing, or Ovechkin to play center, I wouldn't want to shift either of those players, at this point.

But... all of this goes on the idea that most of these prospects work out, which is highly unlikely. But, hey, I can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->