Ovechkin in ESPNMagazine + American Hockey coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Hey, I just got my copy of ESPN Magazine (ewww...I feel dirty for even saying that, but it was a gift, A GIFT I SWEAR!!) and they're profiling the new crop of talent in the world, or "The Next" as they call it. There's a full page pic and a few paragraphs on Alex O in there. I guess ESPN thinks more of Ovechkin than Crosby. Or they could just be playing up the 2004 draft rather than 2005. They also had an Update paragraph in the letters section on Patrick O'Sullivan. I almost messed muself. TWO non-NHLers in one issue. Beelzebub needs thawing.

Either way, ESPN sucks large floppy donkey genitals. Being an American, I take offense to the "Made in America" campaign. Hockey is made in America like Christmas in America is still about Jebus.
I seriously think their Hockey department has been whittled down to John Buccigross, the Mullet, Chicken Parm, and Ken the Otter working on Etch-A-Sketches over Grand Slams at the Denny's across Rt. 91 from the Studios.

I also recieve Sports Illustrated (I needed to use up my SkyMiles so i thought, hey why the Gretz not?) and was appaled when I opened my mail the week after the Devils won the cup to see on the cover.........Scuba Diving.........Say it with me now...Scuba Diving. I thought there might have been some exchange program between SI and National Geographic and upon ripping open the brown envelope of my mother's NG I would see Kenny Daneyko's toothelss mug lifting Lord Stanley's cup, but no...Just something on Himilayan Monkey if i remember right....Damn, somebody buy me Center Ice.

Wow....somehow this turned into a "bash the American media" thread, gotta go change the title.

Kugel

Oct 16, 2003
Ontario, Canada
MeffyuhTJRest said:
Hey, I just got my copy of ESPN Magazine (ewww...I feel dirty for even saying that, but it was a gift, A GIFT I SWEAR!!) and they're profiling the new crop of talent in the world, or "The Next" as they call it. There's a full page pic and a few paragraphs on Alex O in there. I guess ESPN thinks more of Ovechkin than Crosby. Or they could just be playing up the 2004 draft rather than 2005. They also had an Update paragraph in the letters section on Patrick O'Sullivan. I almost messed muself. TWO non-NHLers in one issue. Beelzebub needs thawing.

Either way, ESPN sucks large floppy donkey genitals. Being an American, I take offense to the "Made in America" campaign. Hockey is made in America like Christmas in America is still about Jebus.
I seriously think their Hockey department has been whittled down to John Buccigross, the Mullet, Chicken Parm, and Ken the Otter working on Etch-A-Sketches over Grand Slams at the Denny's across Rt. 91 from the Studios.

I also recieve Sports Illustrated (I needed to use up my SkyMiles so i thought, hey why the Gretz not?) and was appaled when I opened my mail the week after the Devils won the cup to see on the cover.........Scuba Diving.........Say it with me now...Scuba Diving. I thought there might have been some exchange program between SI and National Geographic and upon ripping open the brown envelope of my mother's NG I would see Kenny Daneyko's toothelss mug lifting Lord Stanley's cup, but no...Just something on Himilayan Monkey if i remember right....Damn, somebody buy me Center Ice.

Wow....somehow this turned into a "bash the American media" thread, gotta go change the title.

i know what u mean, i am a canadian but i get the sporting news fro their coverage of football, baseball and basketball but their hockey sucks....they have 2 pages and thats it....their writer kara yioto or something writes about stuff that i heard a month ago or it doesnt even matter. the coverage it horrible....

is there any good magazines that cover hockey or spoecailly the prospects or CHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->