Ovechkin= ego maniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

illogic

Apr 12, 2005
"I would like to thank George McPhee and the entire organization for their support. I will work very hard to put the team first always and make the fans happy."

God, what an arrogant *******.

:)

Canada_87

Dec 28, 2004
God I hate him. Like being cocky is one thing but this guy takes it to a whole new level :shakehead he really needs to be disciplined and start thinking about the game first :biglaugh:

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Legionnaire said:
Sorry, not on the topic, but I thought those performance bonuses were limited under the new CBA?

I think they are limited. I believe there's a 4-5 million ceiling for rookie contracts which includes the congregate bonuses. It's the rookie base salary that's been lowered and capped.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
EroCaps said:
Just a little friendly sarcasm. :)

You should know by now that Erocaps could never say anything slightly negative about Ovechkin!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
tom_servo said:
Max bonuses. If he achieves them, he's worth the money.

If I remember correctly the CBA makes sure those bonuses pretty damn hard to achieve the maximum on too. They I suppose tried to make sure that they did not make every top slelection get things like 'gets out of bed one morning out of ten, $1 million,' etc. etc.

NYRGoalieGlut*

EroCaps said:
Just a little friendly sarcasm. :)

You should know better than posting sarcasm here, you'll always get people that don't get it. This one wasn't as obvious though I think, and kind of wierd.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
illogic said:
"I would like to thank George McPhee and the entire organization for their support. I will work very hard to put the team first always and make the fans happy."

God, what an arrogant *******.

:)

sorry but what he meant is he wants to put the team 1st on his plans.. maybe he didnt express himself properly, or maybe the translator make a mistake..

the team will remain his priority.. come on guys... i tought it was because of the picture... cause for me it wasnt a no brainer it wasnt that sentence.

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
Legionnaire said:
Sorry, not on the topic, but I thought those performance bonuses were limited under the new CBA?
As a 2004 draftee who was given a contract before (what ever the cutoff was) Ovechkin's contract is a blend of the old and new CBA.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Crusher20 said:
sorry but what he meant is he wants to put the team 1st on his plans.. maybe he didnt express himself properly, or maybe the translator make a mistake..

the team will remain his priority.. come on guys... i tought it was because of the picture... cause for me it wasnt a no brainer it wasnt that sentence.

Pretty much every post in this thread is loaded with sarcasm. ;)

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
Damn easterners get to watch two of the best prospects in about a decade. Very jealous.

Prediction:

A. Ovechkin GP:82, G:28, A:34, P:60.

Kurtangletn

Aug 7, 2005
"I have spoken to Dainius Zubrus and Alexander Semin," Ovechkin said through an interpreter. "They say Washington is a wonderful city, and there is a great atmosphere around the team. I know the rest is up to me."

Wow, hes basically saying Its a nice city and good fans, but i know the team sucks and im gonna be its savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad