Ovechkin and Radulov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
I was just looking at the rankings for the 04 draft, and this caught my eye.

Ovechkin and Radulov both played for Dynamo Moscow last year, and here are their point totals:

GP - G -- A -- P
53 - 13 - 10 - 23 <- Ovechkin
42 - 15 - 16 - 31 <- Radulov

Which means Ovechkin averaged 0.43ppg, while Radulov got 0.74ppg. Now, I know points aren't everything, but that's a pretty significant difference. Radulov is also a year younger than AO. So what's the scoop? What is it about Ovechkin that ranked him so much higher?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Radulov played in an entirely different league, for one thing.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Jacobv2 said:
Radulov played in an entirely different league, for one thing.

Ah, I see. On nhl.com, it says "DYNAMO, RUS LEAGUE" next to both of them. I guess it's just different tiers or something. Confusing :dunno:

May 1, 2003
Visit site
fisher said:
I was just looking at the rankings for the 04 draft, and this caught my eye.

Ovechkin and Radulov both played for Dynamo Moscow last year, and here are their point totals:

GP - G -- A -- P
53 - 13 - 10 - 23 <- Ovechkin
42 - 15 - 16 - 31 <- Radulov

Which means Ovechkin averaged 0.43ppg, while Radulov got 0.74ppg. Now, I know points aren't everything, but that's a pretty significant difference. Radulov is also a year younger than AO. So what's the scoop? What is it about Ovechkin that ranked him so much higher?

yup, different leagues,

Ovechkin played for Dynamo Moscow in the Russian league and Radulov Russian League 1, for tver.

I think Ovechkin is better by a large margin, Radulov is more of a toss up prospect imo something similar to Kastitsyn last year(although Andrei is developing nicely, more consistent).

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
Just to clear it up:
Ovechkin plays for Dynamo Moscow in SuperLeague
Radulov played for Tver in Upper League
Kastytsyn played for CSKA-2 (farm teams league, basically juniors)

CH Wizard

Jacobv2 said:
How is Kostitsyn developing nicely?

Well it's simple.Kost completly destroy the CSKA-2.He didn't produce in CSKA.I don't care he had not a lot of icetime and almost all of the players had difficulties to produce in CSKA.Next year , will be a great year to the developement of Kost.The Habs sign him and He'll play in the AHL.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
thegreatone said:
Well it's simple.Kost completly destroy the CSKA-2.He didn't produce in CSKA.I don't care he had not a lot of icetime and almost all of the players had difficulties to produce in CSKA.Next year , will be a great year to the developement of Kost.The Habs sign him and He'll play in the AHL.

yup, Kastitsyn seems to be coming along real good and should be a great addition to the habs

degroat*

thegreatone said:

Have the Habs already signed him? If not, it's too late to bring him over.

degroat*

Nevermind... just saw that he has been signed.

It'll be interest to see if he or Zakharov has a better year in the AHL.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
i personally am stoked to see what kind of numbers Radulov puts up playing in Quebec. Shishkanov's year there saw him among the scoring leaders, and Radulov has, according to Preds scouting, considerably more offensive ability than even Shish.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
thegreatone said:
Maybe. But that hasn't happened yet. So to say that his development is "coming along nicely" is not accurate, IMO.

Heck, this kid was still suffering from seizures up until a few weeks ago. Talk about NOT coming along nicely, this problem was SUPPOSED to have cleared up before the draft.

CH Wizard

Jacobv2 said:
Maybe. But that hasn't happened yet. So to say that his development is "coming along nicely" is not accurate, IMO.

Heck, this kid was still suffering from seizures up until a few weeks ago. Talk about NOT coming along nicely, this problem was SUPPOSED to have cleared up before the draft.

Bob Gainey said that he will help Kost by being more mature.He said that He will play in the minors to adapt to the N.A style.

As for the Epiliptic problems.He had been thread with the right medicaments two weeks ago.In Belarus they were giving him medicaments just for relax SOME symptoms.The habs finally founf what was wrong with him.I am sure the problem won't affect him alot in the future.Montreal is one of the best city about neuroligical threatments.A lot of Quebecers has epelipctic problems that's why.BTW the doctor said that his epileptic problems will prolly not reappers.A lot of people are saying that he's the wildcard of the 2003 draft.He was supposed to be picked way before but some scout was afraid to pick him because of his epileptic problems

CH Wizard

Jacobv2 said:
That's what they said a year ago.

A year ago , he was in Belarus.Now it's true , the doctor FINALLYfound the nature of the problem.The medicaments was for relax his symptoms not to disappear them.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
I think I know why they messed it up. I was just looking on hockeydb.com, and apparently Radulov played 1 game with Dynamo this past season (didn't get any points, though). The NHL site somehow thought he had spent the full season w/ Dynamo.

Habitantpeasoup

Jul 5, 2004
Za Great White North
Slay said:
Just to clear it up:
Ovechkin plays for Dynamo Moscow in SuperLeague
Radulov played for Tver in Upper League
Kastytsyn played for CSKA-2 (farm teams league, basically juniors)

re. Kostitsyn

cska -2 is the upper league as well. And to add to it the only reason
he wasn,t scoring in his time with super league is because he was
on the fourth line and only got 4 -6 minutes if ice time a game.

Vipers

May 17, 2002
Visit site
Kastytsyn stats by Russian's prospects:

2003-04 CSKA Moscow Super League (Reg. Season) 11 0 1 1 2 -
2003-04 CSKA-2 1st League (Juniors) 14 11 8 19 8 -

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
ciggyboy said:
re. Kostitsyn

cska -2 is the upper league as well. And to add to it the only reason
he wasn,t scoring in his time with super league is because he was
on the fourth line and only got 4 -6 minutes if ice time a game.
Well why didn't he play well enough to earn more ice time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad