Ovechkin 07-10/Gretzky 81-86/McDavid 16-20 Vs. Crosby 10-14/Lemieux 88-93/Jagr 1995-2001

Which dream line do you prefer?

• O-G-M

Votes: 56 87.5%
  • C-L-J

Votes: 8 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
You get to assemble one of these groups as your top line for the rest of this season and playoffs with guaranteed full health, but you have to take them directly from in between the time periods mentioned which are of course their peaks and/or primes. Who do you take and why?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
ogm without question

On the surface yes, but all too often I have looked at lines or teams and they look awesome on paper but for reason just never turn out as prosperous as expected.

I also took 2 because I knew the majority would go to the automatic Gretzky is the best player in the 6 but somehow the 3 Pens might have better chemistry and the biggest playbook but as I type this almost changing my mind....so ya it's close.

Reactions: authentic

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
It's pretty close, but I think that the Pittsburgh line probably works a bit better. Lemieux and Jagr actually did play on a line and dominate, and I think that Crosby could do what Francis did but at a higher level. I also don't really know who's going into the corners and defending on the Gretzky line, not that the Pittsburgh line would be noteworthy defensively to be fair.

Reactions: authentic

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
On the surface yes, but all too often I have looked at lines or teams and they look awesome on paper but for reason just never turn out as prosperous as expected.

I also took 2 because I knew the majority would go to the automatic Gretzky is the best player in the 6 but somehow the 3 Pens might have better chemistry and the biggest playbook but as I type this almost changing my mind....so ya it's close.

Really I didn't think this would be so lopsided. Crosby > Ovechkin IMO, Jagrs peak atleast equals McDavid so far and I also think the difference between peak Gretzky and Lemieux is negligible if health isn't an issue. Also though I'm not dead set on which one would be better.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Ultimately it's just a matter of preference. There's enough firepower in both lines. McDavid and Ovechkin are the most explosive players (by and far since the Sid we're getting is the one who already suffered the high ankle sprain) in the equation and Gretzky is by and far the best playmaker. McDavid and OV are both more than capable of rushing the puck up the ice, allowing Gretzky to enter the zone without the puck. After that they just have to get the puck to Gretzky and wait for a tap-in.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Didnt even get to McD or reading the other lineup. Ovi in his prime and Gretzky during his highest stretch of scoring. No brainer

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
I'm a Lemieux fan, and I went with O-G-M.

Towards the end of his career, Gretzky wanted badly to play with Bure because of his goal-scoring prowess. I can only imagine what he would do with prime Ovechkin and McDavid's speed at his disposal. The Gretzky that had four 200+ point seasons playing with these two would be ridiculous.

But, as lopsided as the poll results are so far, I can see nights where C-L-J would dominate too.

Anahome

Oct 5, 2019
I'm a Lemieux fan, and I went with O-G-M.

Towards the end of his career, Gretzky wanted badly to play with Bure because of his goal-scoring prowess. I can only imagine what he would do with prime Ovechkin and McDavid's speed at his disposal. The Gretzky that had four 200+ point seasons playing with these two would be ridiculous.

But, as lopsided as the poll results are so far, I can see nights where C-L-J would dominate too.
So, Gretzky is responsible that his Kings didn't win at least one Cup. He's bad, very very bad.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
So, Gretzky is responsible that his Kings didn't win at least one Cup. He's bad, very very bad.

A little reading comprehension helps sometimes. Your getting Gretzky from 81-86 - long before he joined the Kings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->