Ovchekin- Will be a bust!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Daniel_Tkaczuk said:
I agree. He's never showed anything against a team from North America, save one game against the USA in Cape Breton during the World Juniors in 2003. I really don't see him being the next Kharlamov or anything (Valeri that is). I also saw a practice during the juniors here in Halifax and his teammates seemed to get on his back a lot. Really, I've never seen him do anything. All the hype seems to be word of mouth.
Ummmmmmm, he was more then impressive in Sydney, he is the next big thing. USA he totaly dominated (which was a decent team).

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Daniel_Tkaczuk said:
5 or 6 in the WJCS in 2003... he was only 16 but showed nothing in this year's juniors to make me believe anything has changed.
5 or 6? He only played 6 games in the tourni and 3 in Halifax....since the games in sydney wern't on tv in any way I would really like to know how you seen him all those times....I'm sure you didn't follow the russian team everywhere.

Dr_Chimera*

JasonMacIsaac said:
5 or 6? He only played 6 games in the tourni and 3 in Halifax....since the games in sydney wern't on tv in any way I would really like to know how you seen him all those times....I'm sure you didn't follow the russian team everywhere.

I would trust Chris on that. He was at the tourney.

I was more impressed with Ovechkin from the things I've seen than him, though. :)

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:

They had special media stations set up in Halifax where you could watch the games, check out instant replays at will, yada yada...

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
Daniel_Tkaczuk said:
I would just like to add this is just a matter of opinion. I know I am in the minority. It's just my own perspective.

and sorry for the third message, but I will say he had an impressive game against USA... but that was one game our of how many? I referred to it earlier, and it was a good game by him. 4 goals right?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Daniel_Tkaczuk said:
They had special media stations set up in Halifax where you could watch the games, check out instant replays at will, yada yada...
OK, I didn't know Halifax was doing that, Sydney sure the hell didn't. I was live at three of Ovechkin's games and followed him carfully. This guy is a Jagr type player (early in career) and I don't see any lack of intensity. There isn't one asset where you can find a weakness in. The only thing I didn't like was that he dove a couple times to draw a penalty.

Edit: He had 3 goasl, a tap in on the a nice passing play, one from the slot, and the last was a garbage goal I think. Can't really remember.

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
OK, I didn't know Halifax was doing that, Sydney sure the hell didn't. I was live at three of Ovechkin's games and followed him carfully. This guy is a Jagr type player (early in career) and I don't see any lack of intensity. There isn't one asset where you can find a weakness in. The only thing I didn't like was that he dove a couple times to draw a penalty.

Edit: He had 3 goasl, a tap in on the a nice passing play, one from the slot, and the last was a garbage goal I think. Can't really remember.

Yeah Im really looking forward to him coming over. It will be interesting.

jacketracket*

MephistoIV said:
Hes coming to america waaaaaay too early. 18?? 19?? Jesus thats too early. Well see another extremely talented russian leave his country too early and be a bust! Just like all the other horrible russians, Kovalchuk, Zherdev, ect!!!

Why cant u people see? Jeez...
First time I saw this, I thought "oh, geez....not again".

Then I noticed who started the thread :D

Nice work, compadre!!

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
Moumni_Bachir said:
Yeah, Kovalchuk is probably the biggest bust since Alexandre Daigle, or Jonathan Aitken...

Speaking of Jonathan Aitken he has played surprisingly well for the Blackhawks this season and already has a couple of TKOs under his belt. He is up here due to injuries and we have had up to 5 of our top 7 dmen out with injuries and currently have 4 (McCarthy, Karpovtsev, Poapst & Quint) out injured. But he has played well enough to be potentially earn on of our 6 dmen slots next year. He is one tough SOB.

But Damn is he a slow skater. How the Hell did this guy get drafted 8th???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad