Outsider question on the Caps uniform

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
As far as I know they reintroduced it in the Winter Classic and now they use them as thirds with no plans of making them an "official" away jersey.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Those show up a lot for special occasions, like with most teams. Mostly games on NBC which is why out of market hockey fans might notice them more.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Wish they'd go all out with the classic uniforms with those being their default aways and the classic red ones being the home.

I can't stand the current uniforms. Modern and boring isn't a good mix. You either need to be modern and interesting or classic and boring.

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.
Wish they'd go all out with the classic uniforms with those being their default aways and the classic red ones being the home.

I can't stand the current uniforms. Modern and boring isn't a good mix. You either need to be modern and interesting or classic and boring.

I really like the home one, love the shoulder patches and the shade of red used, the away one, im not sure about though.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
the caps appear to wear the winter classic jersey around winter classic time. before and after. if they select that sweater for a given game that is part of a multi game road trip, they just wear that as they wont carry two sets of unis.

as that is a road uni and they have never worn it at home, I'd guess its very likely that they will play their home winter classic game in a red version of that sweater. that will allow them to use the red one at home for a couple of years while selling both at retail.

tim_*

In a few years they may switch over, or at least wear them far more regularly. Obviously the classic red home jersey will be coming next year.

Personally the current jerseys are getting a little old for me, so I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I'm guessing changes won't happen until jersey sales really start to run dry in DC. Thanks Ted.

OldHat

Jul 15, 2013
Under A Mountain
Currents are ok. I was glad to leave the Capitol black and diagnolly striped eagle behind. I am one of those who would like to see the Weagle as a primary. This is the best I've seen.

JustinCox-WSH.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad