TV: Outlast: New Reality Survival Series on Netflix

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Set in Alaska and produced by Jason Bateman among others, it's a cross between "Alone" and "Survivor", but without all the gimmicky shit like "Shot in the dark" and immunity idols hidden under every log, which have become a staple of Survivor. In my opinion, "Outlast" is very good. All episodes of season one are now available on Netflix. I started watching it this morning and I'm now on the fourth episode. I can't give it up. For me, it is a top-notch replacement for Survivor.

Outlast review – a brilliant survival show that ends up in full-on Lord of the Flies wildness

And it's already made the trade news. I haven't reached this part yet, but it sounds awesome. :laugh:

Netflix viewers threaten to switch off reality show Outlast over ‘sickening and disgusting’ behaviour

Fans were in uproar social media, as one person wrote: “Jill is a disgusting & disgraceful excuse for a human being. She has ruined this show.”

Another person penned: “That was evil, and shame on Netlix for allowing it. The producers saw it in tape and let it play out. Disgusting really.”

A third said: “This is not entertainment, this is absolutely disgusting behaviour. Boycott this show now.”

A fourth person wrote: “Netflix should be ashamed of themselves and I hope the family of these two dispicable human beings have the heart to leave them.”

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
wrote this in the survivor thread:
Lol outlast was great tv. Saw a lot of pure survivalist show people hating because of how it evolved.

A reality comp show is always at its purest during the first season. After that, every season is influenced by the next. Will be interesting to see what direction it takes if it gets renewed for another season.

I see so much hate and anger towards Jill and Amber. Man people take tv too seriously. Most of these people clearly are not fans of reality tv though. We stan villains, they make it so much more interesting. The people hating on Jill and Amber have clearly never met the likes of Russell Hantz

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
wrote this in the survivor thread:
Lol outlast was great tv. Saw a lot of pure survivalist show people hating because of how it evolved.

A reality comp show is always at its purest during the first season. After that, every season is influenced by the next. Will be interesting to see what direction it takes if it gets renewed for another season.

I see so much hate and anger towards Jill and Amber. Man people take tv too seriously. Most of these people clearly are not fans of reality tv though. We stan villains, they make it so much more interesting. The people hating on Jill and Amber have clearly never met the likes of Russell Hantz
I just think there should be some kind of recourse to being an absolute shit stain. Like if you can steal and f*** with other peoples camp...but they aren't allowed to do anything physical back to you? That is imbalanced. The producers are honestly lucky nobody got their asses beat. I agree though I was very entertained and I feel like a 2nd season would go right into the Lord of the Flies stuff.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I just think there should be some kind of recourse to being an absolute shit stain. Like if you can steal and f*** with other peoples camp...but they aren't allowed to do anything physical back to you? That is imbalanced. The producers are honestly lucky nobody got their asses beat. I agree though I was very entertained and I feel like a 2nd season would go right into the Lord of the Flies stuff.
I mean anyone could have gone to their camp and f***ed with it if they wanted too (and I mean Justin did do this), but the people at bravo camp werent the type of people to do it. Its a shame Javier was surrounded by cowards (Dawn and Joel included). If someone did that shit to me I'd do everything in my power to make their remaining time a living hell. They played by the rules, which was to outlast the others. They just wanted to expedite the process. They saw weak prey and pounced on it. Their repercussions to me is the endless hate they are getting online. Thats a big reason why we barely see villains on TV shows anymore. People can't remove themselves from what theyre watching and look at it from a pure entertainment perspective. I would imagine this hate would deter some people from doing similar stuff in future seasons, or maybe go about it in a different way. This is also why we always see the most authentic content in the first season of a show like this. No one knows what the show is, how popular it will become etc so theyre more likely to do whatever it takes.

Alpha camp made the show for me really. Woulda been a lot more boring imo if they didnt do the things that they did. Sucks Jordan had the get medivac because from what we saw, he had potential to be another good villain (maybe not to the extent of Jill/Amber).

If you only care about pure survival, go watch Alone or Naked and Afraid. When you put a lot of money on the line it is going to cause people to do stuff they wouldnt normally do.

Reactions: TheBeastCoast

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I mean anyone could have gone to their camp and f***ed with it if they wanted too (and I mean Justin did do this), but the people at bravo camp werent the type of people to do it. Its a shame Javier was surrounded by cowards (Dawn and Joel included). If someone did that shit to me I'd do everything in my power to make their remaining time a living hell. They played by the rules, which was to outlast the others. They just wanted to expedite the process. They saw weak prey and pounced on it. Their repercussions to me is the endless hate they are getting online. Thats a big reason why we barely see villains on TV shows anymore. People can't remove themselves from what theyre watching and look at it from a pure entertainment perspective. I would imagine this hate would deter some people from doing similar stuff in future seasons, or maybe go about it in a different way. This is also why we always see the most authentic content in the first season of a show like this. No one knows what the show is, how popular it will become etc so theyre more likely to do whatever it takes.

Alpha camp made the show for me really. Woulda been a lot more boring imo if they didnt do the things that they did. Sucks Jordan had the get medivac because from what we saw, he had potential to be another good villain (maybe not to the extent of Jill/Amber).

If you only care about pure survival, go watch Alone or Naked and Afraid. When you put a lot of money on the line it is going to cause people to do stuff they wouldnt normally do.
No I generally do agree with you I just hate how dirty my boy Javier was done. Should have let him lone ranger it he would still be sitting in that camp waiting those bitches out lol

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
No I generally do agree with you I just hate how dirty my boy Javier was done. Should have let him lone ranger it he would still be sitting in that camp waiting those bitches out lol
Yeah, the one rule of "you must be part of a team" is pretty lame. Its already a massive disadvantage being alone if people can just come and raid your camp. Makes it way easier to target specific people and ice them out.

Reactions: TheBeastCoast

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Man those two girls, I could not have rooted harder for them to fail.

Yep. Both hypocrites.

His showboating and doing pushups really screwed delta team.

Shame that girl in Charlie team got sick from the fish. Was rooting for her.

Overall a very watchable show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad