OT: Outdoor rinks

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Yup and yet the CC's make more and more money from socials, bingo, hall rentals but there is never any money for kids programs or sports.

The city really needs to look at what community clubs have become because they no longer are there for the kids!:rant:

I was the caretaker of a community centre. Because there was a spongee league playing out of it, I would often get asked to move the kids free skating off the ice. I rarely yielded. I would keep the lights on until 11 or midnight and put goalie equipment on so that kids could play hockey instead of get into trouble. Winnipeg is blessed with alot of community centres, I think outdoor hockey should always be something kids can grow up to appreciate. I grew up shovelling alot to make a path to the net.

Gurilla

former goal scorer
Jan 28, 2015
Winnipeg
Oh man any CCs open today? Or at least any ones zambonied? Got a new twig for Christmas that I'm dying to use

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I was the caretaker of a community centre. Because there was a spongee league playing out of it, I would often get asked to move the kids free skating off the ice. I rarely yielded. I would keep the lights on until 11 or midnight and put goalie equipment on so that kids could play hockey instead of get into trouble. Winnipeg is blessed with alot of community centres, I think outdoor hockey should always be something kids can grow up to appreciate. I grew up shovelling alot to make a path to the net.

That's awesome. I lived right in front of a man-made lake in RPS when I was growing up and spent a lot of time shoveling the ice behind my place as well. Some years it was better than others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->