OT: Outdoor Rinks

SoftDumps

Oct 11, 2013
Hey all, new in Calgary. Nice city, like it here so far.

Anyways, just wondering if there are any rinks open yet around the university area? Given the recent cold snap my hopes are sky high :)

Good luck the rest of the season, have watched a couple Flames games and at least they compete for the most part. The Oilers mail it in most of their games...

Aug 3, 2010
I believe there's an outdoor rink in the Banff Trail area on 16th avenue near the University. Never been there but heard about it. :]
Not sure if it's open.

Problem with Calgary is the chinooks can really warm up the area quickly and reduce a good outdoor rink to mush in a day or two.

AfricanHerbsman

May 4, 2010
There is usually a rink in every neighbourhood. It's gotta get cold out again though. But in the south there are tons. Christ church, Stanley park in the north there is a great one in varsity. There is also one on 20th and 20th NW.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
There was a massively popular rink in the Glendale/Killarney area, south of 17st SW.

I cant remember where exactly since its been a while, but there was 3 rinks, and the one with the boards had pick up hockey every Saturday and Sunday afternoon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad