Out of Town - Who's your team during these Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I like the ones where new younger lions challenge older males in attempts to take over a pride, a rebuild if you will. Lions fight till there is no breath left in their bodies, quite a mean sob of a creature, I would love to own one.

Once the old ones are dethroned, their future employments are finished.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I hope the Leafs compete for the cup. The Leafs being a contender following a true rebuild is one of the only ways to pressure Molson.
If you want to pressure Molson into doing something real, forget about the Leafs. Bring back the Nordiques and let them get as good as quickly as Vegas did. Then you'll see some action on the 7th floor of the Bell Centre. It'll be even better if the Nords 2.0 is sponsored by Labatt's.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
If you want to pressure Molson into doing something real, forget about the Leafs. Bring back the Nordiques and let them get as good as quickly as Vegas did. Then you'll see some action on the 7th floor of the Bell Centre. It'll be even better if the Nords 2.0 is sponsored by Labatt's.
I agree with this. It might also loosen the medias grip on basically having a strong arm opinion on everything Montreal Canadiens. It will have to be a relocation franchise though, it seems that good ole Gary is only interested in the US market.

Reactions: Laurentide

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I watched him play for years. 30 points every year. Now every time he records a point this thread is full of people drooling over him. And in the end he just has 38. There’s a weird obsession with Eller ever since he was a Hab that he was capable of more than 30 a season. Now he’s on an elite team and it’s just 8 more points. I find it hilarious and people can’t let it go.

Before this season Eller had never hit 30 pts in a full season. Without the half season lockout year, Eller put up 149 pts over 6 years for 25 pts a year. So up until this year Eller has been a 25 pts a year 3rd liner. He was good but inconsistent with us at least. I haven't watched him this year to see why he's doing so much better.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I agree with this. It might also loosen the medias grip on basically having a strong arm opinion on everything Montreal Canadiens. It will have to be a relocation franchise though, it seems that good ole Gary is only interested in the US market.
It'll have to be a relocated team for one very good reason: cost. A relocation fee is about half of what an expansion fee is and those expansion fees go up every time a new team comes on board. Vegas got in for $500 million last year. This year Seattle will have to pay $650 million. By the time Quebec gets its act together it'll be $800 million. But they could probably relocate a bottom-feeder team like Florida or Phoenix for half that amount.

Reactions: OldCraig71

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
not that I'll watch but I'll be rooting for whatever teams face the leafs and caps, since we have their 2nd round picks so want them to be better if possible.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I watched him play for years. 30 points every year. Now every time he records a point this thread is full of people drooling over him. And in the end he just has 38. There’s a weird obsession with Eller ever since he was a Hab that he was capable of more than 30 a season. Now he’s on an elite team and it’s just 8 more points. I find it hilarious and people can’t let it go.
he has taken his game to a new level this year, i say comparable to the playoff before he got injured.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

I've seen people go crazy over Byron and Danault with the same numbers.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
wtf is going on with TVASports' coverage of the Bruins-Tampa game. They're dubbing the french commentators voice over the clearly audible NESN coverage of the game. Constantly hearing the english commentary in the background is very annoying.

And then you also have the NESN logo in the upper left corner, the SN logo in the bottom right and the TVASports logo faded in the lower right corner. What is this amateur coverage?

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I want Leafs fans and their media to have a little hope before having it taken away. Although having 4 straight shutout losses every year in round 1 would work too. :)

Devious! They can win the first game and Sportsnet explodes with Waldorf and Statler (Stellick -MacLean) calling them SC champions, like last Friday when MacLean said that Matthews is already better than Jagr at his peak. Then they lose 4 in a row.

:thumbu:

Reactions: sheed36

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I think Tampa Bay is the team who's gonna get upset in the first round.

Their goalie said himself that he never felt this tired in a season.

Lots of skills but maybe they lack size for the playoffs.

We'll see

Reactions: groovejuice

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

We'll see

They are definite having a comparatively poor finish to the season.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
McDonagh has been garbage for Tampa so far. -3 last game, now on the ice for both goals.

It's not looking good for them.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

We'll see
They need to just rest Vasi until the end of the season. One of the most important things in the playoffs is having a well rested goalie. It's a huge factor.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
People are so impressed by Eller for what reason? I mean instead of his career high 30 he has 38 points. Wow, what a star.
Plekanec got applause, extensions, 5 million a year, prime wingers, A on his jersey, and primo ice time for seasons like Elars current one.

And larry is a 3rd liner outscoring Drouin on a first line. :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad