Out of Town Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I think other fanbases have just noticed that we Habs fan do a fine job of hating on the Habs ourselves...so they've left us to our own vices.
Oh, so what you're saying is that other fanbases feel bad for us now because we are so critical of the steaming pile of compost we have witnessed for the last 7 years. Thanks fellow NHL fans, we love your support.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Oh, so what you're saying is that other fanbases feel bad for us now because we are so critical of the steaming pile of compost we have witnessed for the last 7 years. Thanks fellow NHL fans, we love your support.
no - that's not what i'm saying.

but I was speaking tongue-in-cheek anyways.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Yep, Nill building quite the team there. Glad all his acquisitions and signings are amounting to all kinds of playoff success.....
Jim Nill is on very thin ice in Dallas. No way around the facts -- he failed to build a winner; even worse, he failed to build a team that even makes the playoffs. His style of leadership serves as a cautionary tale of how big trades can't compensate for terrible development & drafting. Nill is an excellent horse-trader, but he's a terrible horse-breeder. Outside of his big-name forward acquisitions his team is a mess.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
that's not exactly what I was referring too...

and hate to break it to you, but as GM of the Montreal Canadiens...he is a "Hab".

As much as you or anyone wishes he wasn't.
"hate to break it to you" lol Sanctimonious or what.

Bergevin is no Hab.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Jim Nill is on very thin ice in Dallas. No way around the facts -- he failed to build a winner; even worse, he failed to build a team that even makes the playoffs. His style of leadership serves as a cautionary tale of how big trades can't compensate for terrible development & drafting. Nill is an excellent horse-trader, but he's a terrible horse-breeder. Outside of his big-name forward acquisitions his team is a mess.
Oddly enough Jim Nill is a guy i've often seen as an example of how a great GM operates.

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Oddly enough Jim Nill is a guy i've often seen as an example of how a great GM operates.
He's the Bizarro World version of Bergevin. He can find top centres, he can sign great forwards, two things our GM cannot do. But he can't build depth or properly manage a cap to save his life. Dallas is a top-heavy monument that looked impressive two years ago, but is thisclose to toppling over.

Reactions: jaffy27 and 417

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Sounds like Habsville to me.

But I would take the Stars top three players over anyone on the MBs Canadiens.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I give Nill credit for the Seguin trade and for locking down Klingberg to a great cap number. Other than that I don't really like his moves. He doesn't need to do much convincing when signing free agents with no income tax and beautiful weather in Texas so I don't really give him much credit there. His moves don't seem to make the team progress whatsoever, seems stuck in neutral.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Why have Dallas failed?
According to their fans, Dallas' drafting and development under Nill have been awful. Worse than ours. Not only has their system failed to produce a solid core of top players, it hasn't even given them decent depth. They've blown enormous amounts of cap space on UFAs and big salaries on Seguin, Radulov, Spezza, and a few years ago, Sharp, Oduya, Hemsky -- solid signings at the time -- but they never built a foundation to support their stars.

Reactions: DAChampion

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
According to their fans, Dallas' drafting and development under Nill have been awful. Worse than ours. Not only has their system failed to produce a solid core of top players, it hasn't even given them decent depth. They've blown enormous amounts of cap space on UFAs and big salaries on Seguin, Radulov, Spezza, and a few years ago, Sharp, Oduya, Hemsky -- solid signings at the time -- but they never built a foundation to support their stars.

Especiall in the first round. They are brutal there, where selections are the most valuable and have the highest probability to at least be an NHLer. Not even elite but good depth.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

It's why a guy like Timmins is so damn valuable...

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
And that’s where it ends.....how’s Dallas’s prospect pool?

1st guy - That flower is beautiful.

2nd guy - Oh yeah, what the color of the sky ?!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Per Sjoblom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad