Out of Town Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Aho had way more speed coming in than Subban, who was static guarding the blueline when the turnover happened...

Not rocket science.

So, you're saying Subban didn't read the play ?

Come on, now, we both know that defense wouldn't fly for Weber.

This fan base tends to have quite the double standard.

They both f*** up, but maybe I brought light back to this as hurr durr anti Weburr people have slowed down. My bad.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
was just on the board. They are saying the Leafs are a bigger rivalry than the habs now.
Until tomorrow, when they dust off all the recycled insults and start obsessing over the Habs again.

The Leafs have become everyone's biggest rival, not so much because of their players, but because the Leafs brand has eaten its way into every corner of the hockey world like ants at a picnic.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval

They both **** up, but maybe I brought light back to this as hurr durr anti Weburr people have slowed down. My bad.
You are trying too hard.

I NEVER saw ONE thread talking about "how he's garbage"....

Insecurity at its finest

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Until tomorrow, when they dust off all the recycled insults and start obsessing over the Habs again.

The Leafs have become everyone's biggest rival, not so much because of their players, but because the Leafs brand has eaten its way into every corner of the hockey world like ants at a picnic.

Bruins & habs fans will never like each others teams for anything.Its always gonna be that way.That said TSN and Sportsnets suckfest about Leafs drives me nuts..

Last edited:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

They both **** up, but maybe I brought light back to this as hurr durr anti Weburr people have slowed down. My bad.

Or some people just moved on.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Bruins & habs fans will never like each others teams for anything.Its always gonna be that way.That said TSN and Sportsnets suckfest about Leafs drives me nuts..
Agreed. At least Bruins/Habs keep it on the ice. Both fan bases have suffered through losses and celebrated wins against each other, we've both respected some players from the other team and hated others, we've both seen our teams win Cups (I'm in my 50s and have seen a few). We've given as good as we've got. Toronto has become the privileged, spoiled child who expects to be treated as the centre of the universe before their team has even won one frikkin series. That sense of entitlement pisses me off, to the point where I root for the Bruins when they play Toronto. Screw the Leafs with their unearned sense of aristocracy.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Agreed. At least Bruins/Habs keep it on the ice. Both fan bases have suffered through losses and celebrated wins against each other, we've both respected some players from the other team and hated others, we've both seen our teams win Cups (I'm in my 50s and have seen a few). We've given as good as we've got. Toronto has become the privileged, spoiled child who expects to be treated as the centre of the universe before their team has even won one frikkin series. That sense of entitlement pisses me off, to the point where I root for the Bruins when they play Toronto. Screw the Leafs with their unearned sense of aristocracy.
Very well said. The Leafs have not won a playoff series since 2004 and this year's version of their fans have them winning the Cup because of JT. Up until this past weekend for their fans they seemed cocky, and the Bruins seemed to have knocked them out of that behavior.
In the perfect world the Habs and Bruins both make the playoffs, and knock the Leafs down to the wildcard chatter, but not too likely to happen. I see the Sabres have also come back to earth.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Leafs have been irrelevant for so long and now that they have a cup contender roster, they want to be treated like they already have won a cup. The recent Tampa core has been pretty darn good for several years and with no cup... yet. Unfortunately for the Leafs, they have to deal with Tampa and the Caps in the east.

The Leaf fan base has suffered for a very long time. They are like the little brother that wants attention

Reactions: b in vancouver

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

This is funny.

Before or even after Nashville, i've seen people ***** about Subban's gaffe's way more than Weber.

I've seen people give the October Norris to Weber, only to then call Subban a #3 dman when he's actually the best D of the playoffs and clearly used as #1.

The bias and doublestandard is much stronger in the WADL (Weber Anti Defamation League).

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
was just on the board. They are saying the Leafs are a bigger rivalry than the habs now.
I'd probably agree with them for right now. They've played the Leafs in the playoffs more recently, and Habs-Bruins games haven't really had a rivalry feel to them in some time. Hell, the skirmishes between Eller and Marchand have more accurately represented what our rivalry is supposed to be, and Eller plays for a different team now.

I'd say the Habs' biggest rivals right now are the Sens, and that's kind of sad considering.

Reactions: PaulD

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
No one hates the habs any more, we all have Bergevin to thank for that.
I think other fanbases have just noticed that we Habs fan do a fine job of hating on the Habs ourselves...so they've left us to our own vices.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Bang on the money !

You speak for this Canadiens fan (and many more Im sure)

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I think other fanbases have just noticed that we Habs fan do a fine job of hating on the Habs ourselves...so they've left us to our own vices.
Hating Molson, Bergevin and their way of running a team is not "hating the Habs" MB never was and never will be "a Hab"

Reactions: Milhouse40

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Leafs have been irrelevant for so long and now that they have a cup contender roster, they want to be treated like they already have won a cup. The recent Tampa core has been pretty darn good for several years and with no cup... yet. Unfortunately for the Leafs, they have to deal with Tampa and the Caps in the east.

The Leaf fan base has suffered for a very long time. They are like the little brother that wants attention

That's how I describe them. They've just been irrelevant for so long that they've got nothing else but to talk about how great they are. It's background static - except this white noise is cranked to 11.
Right now any rivalry is one way with Toronto hoping that Boston starts caring about them. The joy in beating them is because it's funny. Because it's great watching some of their 'look at me, look at me, tell me how great I am' fanbase have their dreams crushed. If the shoe was on the other foot and you guys came back in game 7 twice - I would've laughed also.

But there just isn't the same feeling as when Boston and Montreal go head-to-head in the playoffs or important games. The Bruins Habs rivalry is one hit, fight, or playoff series away from being super intense again. And that's even with the league doing whatever they can to tamp down rivalries. It's gone through lulls like this before. Doesn't take much to heat up again.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Hating Molson, Bergevin and their way of running a team is not "hating the Habs" MB never was and never will be "a Hab"
that's not exactly what I was referring too...

and hate to break it to you, but as GM of the Montreal Canadiens...he is a "Hab".

As much as you or anyone wishes he wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad