Out of Town Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
There's no info on his injury...as far as I know. Any link that discusses the extent of it outside ''upper-body''?

No, I’m just speculating so take it for what its worth. He never went down with an obvious injury so I think its likely its recurring. And the fact they won’t say anything about it reinforces that, for me anyways.

Side note, this practice of not disclosing injuries is ridiculous.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Certain people want Subban to be hurt because in their immoral calculus it makes that trade less of a diabolical, miserable, mean-spirited failure.

I don’t think thats the case. Injuries happen, look at Webers injury, healthy his whole career then breaks foot on a shot. If he doesn’t break his foot he likely competes for the Norris that year, for the second year in a row. And the trade you call a miserable failure is a lot less so.

I mean really the only reason you can call the trade miserable is because of missed time due to injury, game for game both players have been pretty good.

Still lots of the story to be told on this trade but so far its not as lopsided as you’d like it to be and yes injuries going forward will be part of that story.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Upper body injury can mean so much...I think we have first hand example of ''no disclosure'' vs ''full disclosure''...
PK had a neck injury..if he gets injured again...for some reason people cannot just roll with the ''upper body'' status, they need to specifically know the issue. In absence of information, they resort back to last injury. Not sure why people have a need to know exactly the issue.
Even if it is the neck, it could be two completely unrelated issues.

Sure, this is of course true. But this is a message board not a clinical forum and as long as the NHL refuses to force teams to disclose we are going to speculate.
I mean we speculate about everything else hockey so I don’t see why injury status is out of bounds.

Bottom line is an injury pattern is emerging with Subban. He may come back from this and never get injured again. But you can’t deny that playing under 70 games 3 out of last 4 years might be an issue going forward. This is a young guy that is missing 10-15 games at a time.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Any idea on what Seattle’s name will be or what their jersey will look like?

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Well if they go for a small fast team like us they could be called the "Seattle Shrimps" :laugh:
I am hoping they are called the “Junkies”. A black jersey with a giant green hemp leaf and 2 crossed hypodermic needles in front of it! They could litter the jersey with small psychedelic mushrooms as well!

Jul 6, 2016
Good teams don't trade away homegrown superstars for "pretty good" performances.

Compare what the Habs got for Pacioretty versus Subban. The return was miserable, what we lost was mostly intangible but in a very real, very pertinent way we got an older player back who had just endured one of his worst seasons and had never had playoff success.

MB played his cards badly when he dealt with Nashville. A very good young player and or a top draft pick should had been added.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Sure, this is of course true. But this is a message board not a clinical forum and as long as the NHL refuses to force teams to disclose we are going to speculate.
I mean we speculate about everything else hockey so I don’t see why injury status is out of bounds.

Bottom line is an injury pattern is emerging with Subban. He may come back from this and never get injured again. But you can’t deny that playing under 70 games 3 out of last 4 years might be an issue going forward. This is a young guy that is missing 10-15 games at a time.
I remember Bergevin and the Habs being crucified by people for not disclosing the true nature of Price's injury last year, all the conspiracy theories ouf...good to know even Saint-David Poile isn't above this type of behavior.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Good teams don't trade away homegrown superstars for "pretty good" performances.

Compare what the Habs got for Pacioretty versus Subban. The return was miserable, what we lost was mostly intangible but in a very real, very pertinent way we got an older player back who had just endured one of his worst seasons and had never had playoff success.

They traded Subban for a first ballot HOFer that has played like a top 10 dman since being here. The only knock against him has been his injury and time off. You don’t have to like his style of play but he is one of the best defenseman to step on ice the past 15-20 years. He contended for the Norris almost every year playing behind terrible forwards in a small market - no playoff success, well ya, they had Ribeiro and Fisher and Legwand down the middle. Erat was their stud winger.

This is obviously an emotional subject for you and others, your fave player got traded. It will be interesting to revisit in a few years.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Can’t tell if the flyers look really crappy or of the sabres look really good. Bit of both probably.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
"Head coach Peter Laviolette told reporters earlier in the day that Subban was day-to-day with a lower-body injury."

"Nashville GM David Poile feels P.K. Subban (upper body) is making progress, but he doesn't sound sure when the Predators defenseman will be ready to return.
"It could be a little while longer," Poile told ESPN 102.5 The Game on Tuesday. "Not totally sure of the situation. I hope it's not going to be too much longer." Subban hasn't been on the ice with the team since he was hurt last Tuesday."

Preds were 13-4-1 with PK. They are now 19-9-1. 6W-5L without Subban.

From 1st in the league to being tied at 3 with the Avalanche. That elite top 4 is so vital to the Preds success

Having Forsberg and Arvidsson out injured as well doesn't help either.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Well if they go for a small fast team like us they could be called the "Seattle Shrimps" :laugh:

If they are even smaller it could be Seattle Krills! The best sounding name of the 13 is probably the Seattle Sockeyes otoh the sockeye salmon is not that great for food. Kraken is the most popuklar name in Seattle right now but it doesn't sound very good when saying it.

Reactions: Rapala

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I am hoping they are called the “Junkies”. A black jersey with a giant green hemp leaf and 2 crossed hypodermic needles in front of it! They could litter the jersey with small psychedelic mushrooms as well!

The Oregon congress wants to make magic mushrooms legal. Or rather some members of the congress.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Most likely Metropolitans and claim it already has a stanely cup. Seems to work for the sens!

:)

It will be one of these names:

Seattle Cougars, Seattle Eagles, Seattle Emeralds, Seattle Evergreens, Seattle Firebirds, Seattle Kraken, Seattle Rainiers, Seattle Renegades, Seattle Sea Lions, Seattle Seals, Seattle Sockeyes, Seattle Totems and Seattle Whales.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
:)

It will be one of these names:

Seattle Cougars, Seattle Eagles, Seattle Emeralds, Seattle Evergreens, Seattle Firebirds, Seattle Kraken, Seattle Rainiers, Seattle Renegades, Seattle Sea Lions, Seattle Seals, Seattle Sockeyes, Seattle Totems and Seattle Whales.
Boo!

Reactions: Per Sjoblom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad