Out of Town Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
He’s tied with Laine for the league lead in goals and is great defensively. Not sure what constitutes a superstar. Does he have to be marketable?
I'd like to see him put up those kind of numbers for a few years before anointing him a superstar.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
It'll be kind of funny if Weber has a longer and healthier career going forward.

I don’t think its that much of a stretch, the Subban injury is I believe his neck again. Cost him 50 games so far the last 4 years, not sure that injury will age well.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I read somewhere today that he was not playing centre anymore.

Hasn’t been since Schmaltz got there. That makes one more coach, basically every coach since he was 16 that sees him as a winger. I think AG and his dad are the only people left on the planet that see him play and think natural C

Reactions: Zorba

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Hasn’t been since Schmaltz got there. That makes one more coach, basically every coach since he was 16 that sees him as a winger. I think AG and his dad are the only people left on the planet that see him play and think natural C
He was taking face offs last night on a line with Keller

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
At a certain point I stopped believing in DLR...

Scherbak, I think he can make it, it will just take patience and a lot of coaching to improve his 200 foot game...

Hudon, I'm losing hope for. His slow skating really holds him back. It's up to him to improve the strength in his legs. I'll go so far as to say it's unacceptable he isn't stockier. Gallagher was slow when he first came into the league, but he's really lifted a lot of weights and is now a tank. He's a lot faster as a result of having such strong legs.
Regarding Scherbak, what is different between him and a guy like Sprong? Or Hudon and M. Perreault when he was traded?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He was great last year but there is an injury history starting to show, this will likely be his third season in 4 of under 70 games played. Also got off to a less then stellar start this year. Will be interesting to see where his career goes from here, he had a good year last year and was strong two playoffs ago but he is anything but consistent or healthy.
There's no info on his injury...as far as I know. Any link that discusses the extent of it outside ''upper-body''?

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
There's no info on his injury...as far as I know. Any link that discusses the extent of it outside ''upper-body''?
"Head coach Peter Laviolette told reporters earlier in the day that Subban was day-to-day with a lower-body injury."

"Nashville GM David Poile feels P.K. Subban (upper body) is making progress, but he doesn't sound sure when the Predators defenseman will be ready to return.
"It could be a little while longer," Poile told ESPN 102.5 The Game on Tuesday. "Not totally sure of the situation. I hope it's not going to be too much longer." Subban hasn't been on the ice with the team since he was hurt last Tuesday."

Preds were 13-4-1 with PK. They are now 19-9-1. 6W-5L without Subban.

From 1st in the league to being tied at 3 with the Avalanche. That elite top 4 is so vital to the Preds success

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
"Head coach Peter Laviolette told reporters earlier in the day that Subban was day-to-day with a lower-body injury."

"Nashville GM David Poile feels P.K. Subban (upper body) is making progress, but he doesn't sound sure when the Predators defenseman will be ready to return.
"It could be a little while longer," Poile told ESPN 102.5 The Game on Tuesday. "Not totally sure of the situation. I hope it's not going to be too much longer." Subban hasn't been on the ice with the team since he was hurt last Tuesday."

Preds were 13-4-1 with PK. They are now 19-9-1. 6W-5L without Subban.

From 1st in the league to being tied at 3 with the Avalanche. That elite top 4 is so vital to the Preds success
So no idea as to the extent of his injury. Why are people saying it is his neck then?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
So no idea as to the extent of his injury. Why are people saying it is his neck then?

I suppose as an upper body, typically it’s the head (concussion), neck, shoulder or arms. I’m sure there are others, but usually those are the main 4. From those 4, I guess because of the prior neck injury, people are assuming it’s the neck again.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I suppose as an upper body, typically it’s the head (concussion), neck, shoulder or arms. I’m sure there are others, but usually those are the main 4. From those 4, I guess because of the prior neck injury, people are assuming it’s the neck again.
That's a whole lot of muscles you included...essentially, can be anything.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I had a flashback to Fernando Tatis being reported as having an inflammation of the chest wall.
Upper body injury can mean so much...I think we have first hand example of ''no disclosure'' vs ''full disclosure''...
PK had a neck injury..if he gets injured again...for some reason people cannot just roll with the ''upper body'' status, they need to specifically know the issue. In absence of information, they resort back to last injury. Not sure why people have a need to know exactly the issue.
Even if it is the neck, it could be two completely unrelated issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->