Out of town thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Anyone like the Av's Illuminati Edition Jersey?
cut.jpg

Reactions: dinodebino

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Damn Tavares is like the 4th or 5th best player on his team. How are they going to pay Marner and Matthews?

Reactions: jaffy27

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Damn Tavares is like the 4th or 5th best player on his team. How are they going to pay Marner and Matthews?
I think the more important question is what will happen with the defense next year? It's already questionable and Gardiner likely isn't coming back. They have to hope that all of Liljegren, Dermott, Sandin step up.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yep. Those were all someone's fanboy crush that we were going to miss horribly, that never got a chance b/c of Lefebvre, MT, et al, that were going to come back and haunt us.

They were also the fruits of Trevor Timmins and his scouting acumen.
Say what now?...
People had crushes on Kristo?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
@The Great Schlemko yes Beaulieu is terrible, Benn is also horrendous, when choosing between turd and crap, I'll take the one that can skate well and move the puck a bit.

And again, Markov would not have been contract-less as I would have extended him mid year already. Not sure why you ignored that point.

Also, I'd have saved Emelin before too, as I said, at least he can throw his weight around.

Benn brings literally nothing. He sucks. Horribly.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
@The Great Schlemko yes Beaulieu is terrible, Benn is also horrendous, when choosing between turd and crap, I'll take the one that can skate well and move the puck a bit.

And again, Markov would not have been contract-less as I would have extended him mid year already. Not sure why you ignored that point.

Also, I'd have saved Emelin before too, as I said, at least he can throw his weight around.

Benn brings literally nothing. He sucks. Horribly.
Beaulieu is really good at moving the puck as long as it ends up on the other teams stick. I would get scared putting Beaulieu on the PP because he is so bad. Benn is better defensively.

Because I'm talking about that specific moment where Markov was a UFA. No team should protect a UFA in an expansion draft.

Emelin had an awful contract that we unloaded for free.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The people who make the "Weber was picked for team Canada" argument are the kind of people you meet at a party, get stuck in a conversation with, and they say stupid **** such as this and you just put on a fake smile and nod, silently praying that someone will come and take you away from this ****ing dolt that you hope you never have to see again.
Atleast he wasnt blubbering on national TV when he played his first game back in Nashville. :laugh:

Reactions: Zorba

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Lightening Bruins. Only caught the third. Good game. Teams getting a good hate on for each other.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Gotta think both guys get $10M+ going forward right?
21-23M for the pair I think.

At the beginning of the season I was thinking 30-33M for 91/16/34 but it's looking like 33 is on the low side now.

Still a good problem to have but thank Christ they never extended marner to a 7*6 this summer like they did with Willy

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Would it be too much to ask for league scoring to stay up ?

I legitimately don't care for solid defense. Keep the floodgates open and the defensemen looking like fools.

Reactions: The Great Schlemko

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Wow, Galchenyuk is having a just awful year
3G in 20 games. 10 pts. He really is just average at best
He’s a 20 g guy and that’s all. The 30 was a complete one off
Thank god Bergevin shipped his lazy ass outta town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad