Out of town thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yes, it's protected for this year, but not next. I can see that team having a quick turn around. Draft Kaako, Cozens or Dach move Schenn back to wing if needed. Don't resign JayBo. Get a real goalie. 2020 1st shouldn't be close to a lottery pick if they do this off-season right.
That's been a major issue for how long now? Credit to the leafs, they stole Andersen for cheap.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
That's been a major issue for how long now? Credit to the leafs, they stole Andersen for cheap.

Yeah, Blues should be kicking themselves over that one. I liked Andersen a lot when he was Anaheim. Lots of teams are looking for quality starting goalies & when the Leafs decided they weren't tanking anymore & wanted a good goalie they went out and got one.

Blues should look at Bobrovsky in Columbus, but it's not an easy solve.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Trade Weber?? Why?
To possibly get Hughes.
Would you prefer having Weber or Hughes? To me it's well worth the risk.
This team has new exciting bits, but we are very far from being serious contenders. It's like people forget how much talent you need to actually have a legit shot at the cup. We have a few players performing very nicely, which is good enough for us to barely be a PO bubble team, and people loose their minds.

Realistically speaking, if all goes well, you're looking at the Habs possibly contending in 3 years. Weber will be 35+ then. He is 33 now and still good, we should take advantage of that by moving him while he's still worth a lot.
If we can get a lotto pick for him...no question in my mind you pull the plug.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I'd trade Petry before trading Weber. Petry, Danault, and Byron can fetch us some decent returns this year or next. Tatar I'd consider moving too if he goes through a big dry spell (and therefore confirms he's gonna be a streaky player with limited reliability). Hudon should be moved before his value plummets.

I don't support tanking but gunning for Hughes and Lafreniere by strategically selling off good but not core players should be plan.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Yeah, Blues should be kicking themselves over that one. I liked Andersen a lot when he was Anaheim. Lots of teams are looking for quality starting goalies & when the Leafs decided they weren't tanking anymore & wanted a good goalie they went out and got one.

Blues should look at Bobrovsky in Columbus, but it's not an easy solve.

Bobrovsky looks awful this year and like Price, will be looking for a big payday. I wouldn’t go anywhere near him.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'd trade Petry before trading Weber. Petry, Danault, and Byron can fetch us some decent returns this year or next. Tatar I'd consider moving too if he goes through a big dry spell (and therefore confirms he's gonna be a streaky player with limited reliability). Hudon should be moved before his value plummets.

I don't support tanking but gunning for Hughes and Lafreniere by strategically selling off good but not core players should be plan.
Petry and Danault should be traded for sure. Byron isn't going anywhere after that contract extension. I wanted to trade Tatar before, but man I'd rather keep him and play him with Kotkaniemi instead. Is another 1st really worth it when we have nobody else that's good to play with Kotkaniemi? Of course if we get a valid replacement then I'm all for trading him.

Reactions: jaffy27

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Petry and Danault should be traded for sure. Byron isn't going anywhere after that contract extension. I wanted to trade Tatar before, but man I'd rather keep him and play him with Kotkaniemi instead. Is another 1st really worth it when we have nobody else that's good to play with Kotkaniemi? Of course if we get a valid replacement then I'm all for trading him.
I think Byron is ripe for getting traded next year. Tatar I'd like to keep if he's gonna be a 60-80 guy but I really doubt that that's the real Tatar. If he's gonna be streaky come February I'd rather trade him then, or trade him next year too.

This year Petry and Danault have got to move. Maybe we can get two new 1sts + some prospects. Maybe Schlemmer can play consistently and show off his alleged skills and then we can move him for a 2nd or something.

There's going to be an arms race this year in the NHL for the playoffs, scoring is up and so is hope. That means it'll be a seller's market. I wish we had kept Pleks or traded him.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Bec

Im guessing he is amongst those that still miss PK 3 years later
It could be both true that a) many fans aren't over losing the best Habs player in decades and b) many fans want to rebuild and that means wanting to trade Weber while he has value

Reactions: DAChampion

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
It could be both true that a) many fans aren't over losing the best Habs player in decades and b) many fans want to rebuild and that means wanting to trade Weber while he has value

Cool to live in your dreamland. Ill take Weber over PK ten times over and ao would most GMs and team Canada. Thats very telling. Oh yeah his teammates actually like him. Best player in decades ? :eek:

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Cool to live in your dreamland. Ill take Weber over PK ten times over and ao would most GMs and team Canada. Thats very telling. Oh yeah his teammates actually like him. Best player in decades ? :eek:
lol

Team Canada took Chris Kunitz over Claude Giroux too ;)

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Jay Bowmeester.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Bobrovsky looks awful this year and like Price, will be looking for a big payday. I wouldn’t go anywhere near him.

I thought this logic applies to Price only and nobody else? :sarcasm:

That said, I would seriously consider Bob if I were a contending team looking for a starter and have absolutely no elite prospects in the system, but agree his asking price is going to be high. My guess is ~12% of the cap.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
What does this even mean in relation to Weber??

The post that was being replied to used Team Canada's 2014 selections as an argument to prefer Weber over Subban. So the post that you're replying to is saying that that particular argument is weak, and in fact it is.

It was an invalid argument in 2014, and is even more invalid today since the 2014 selections can be considered to be defunct.

Weber might be a preferable asset for the Habs than Subban, but not because Team Canada preferred him back in 2014.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
What does this even mean in relation to Weber??

The people who make the "Weber was picked for team Canada" argument are the kind of people you meet at a party, get stuck in a conversation with, and they say stupid shit such as this and you just put on a fake smile and nod, silently praying that someone will come and take you away from this f***ing dolt that you hope you never have to see again.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The people who make the "Weber was picked for team Canada" argument are the kind of people you meet at a party, get stuck in a conversation with, and they say stupid **** such as this and you just put on a fake smile and nod, silently praying that someone will come and take you away from this ****ing dolt that you hope you never have to see again.
He was picked cause he’s good, very good.....that’s where that conversation ends.

On another note, if you find yourself in that predicament again, fake an incoming call, look at your phone, and say “I gotta take this”......walk away and begin a blind conversation with an empty phone.

That should take care of that

Reactions: the and Per Sjoblom

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
He was picked cause he’s good, very good.....that’s where that conversation ends.

On another note, if you find yourself in that predicament again, fake an incoming call, look at your phone, and say “I gotta take this”......walk away and begin a blind conversation with an empty phone.

That should take care of that

You underestimate how oblivious some people are to the fact that I have no interest in talking to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad