Out of Town Thread: Summer Vacation Edition ( part 13 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Kane led the team in scoring last year, and the sharks have been trying desperately to avoid the rebuild.

If kane becomes a huge distraction, maybe this will force their hand to tear things down.

They've had a pretty good run of opportunities for the better part of two decades, and I think its about time to face the music.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Seems like LA fans doesn't all agree with picking up Danault
E76ziaXVcAYJYpH

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Former NHL coach Andy Murray has stepped down from coaching at WMU in the NCAA after 10 years, he used to work for the Habs as an advisor under Gainey. Wonder if he's going back to the NHL.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Tatar apparently signed 2 years at 4.5M per season with New Jersey. So the same AAV as Hoffman with us. Which makes me that much happier about the fact we essentially turned Tatar's cap hit into Hoffman.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
One less year, and its pretty easy to argue that Tatar is the better all-around player.

Production is similar in the regular season.

Both are mainly 25-30 goal scorers and 55-65 point players.

But here is where Hoffman has the edge on Tatar, in the playoffs.

Hoffman elevates his game whereas Tatar has shown over the course of multiple seasons that he is not a playoff performer.

Also, Hoffman is lethal on the PP.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013

Hoffman elevates his game whereas Tatar has shown over the course of multiple seasons that he is not a playoff performer.

Hoffman is a pure goal scorer. He can score from pretty much anywhere in the offensive zone. This is the main difference. Hoffman definitely fits our needs more than Tatar.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

And where Tatar is better is that he's a better player when not shooting the puck.

I'm fine with the swap next season, but its not exactly a sure upgrade.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I still think we, and the coaching staff, were a big hard to judge Tatar based on 1 series. I know his production hasn't been good in the past.

But a lot of players weren't productive in any one particular series this year.

Seeing how we weren't effective against Tampa with our defensive lineup, would have been good to see Tatar and KK in a speedier lineup with more offensive push.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Tatar is better than Hoffman at ES, however Hoffman is significantly better than Tatar on the PP. Our PP has been a weakness which could potentially be a strength by having Caufield and Hoffman now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->