Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
2021 Salary Arbitration hearing dates

The hearing dates have been set for the players who are scheduled to have Salary Arbitration cases held this year. Salary Arbitration hearings will be conducted from August 11 to 26.

August 11
Adam Pelech (New York Islanders)
Michael McNiven (Montreal Canadiens)
Jakub Vrana (Detroit Red Wings)

August 12
Victor Mete (Ottawa Senators)*

August 13
Neal Pionk (Winnipeg Jets)

August 14
Vince Dunn (Seattle Kraken)
Zach Sanford (St. Louis Blues)*

August 16
Adin Hill (San Jose Sharks)*
Ross Colton (Tampa Bay Lightning)

August 17
Kevin Fiala (Minnesota Wild)

August 18
Juuse Saros (Nashville Predators)

August 20
Dante Fabbro (Nashville Predators)
Jason Dickinson (Vancouver Canucks)

August 21
Adam Erne (Detroit Red Wings)
Dennis Gilbert (Colorado Avalanche)

August 23
Zach Aston-Reese (Pittsburgh Penguins)

August 26
Andrew Copp (Winnipeg Jets)
Nikita Zadorov (Calgary Flames)
Travis Sanheim (Philadelphia Flyers)
*indicates player had settled at time of publishing

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I was pleased to see the Pelech deal only to be then disappointed with the Nurse deal. It’s weird how Jones has set the market for top 4 defensemen.

You think Pelech at 26 will still be okay at 34? Physical bottom six player.
I dunno, 5 or 6 years would have been better IMO.
The Nurse contract is just screaming Bad Deal to me. Nurse is a decent D. But that much?
Do they really expect him to get better over the next 8 years so that his AAV becomes a steal?

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Why haven’t we signed Mac? Ya I don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes but that deal should have been first priority.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Not sure if the Nurse deal necessarily affects the Bs with Charlie. Nurse is an awesome player, but the Oil clearly overpaid and everyone knows it. They lose Nurse and that D is in really bad shape. Also, hard to draw free agents to Edmonton, which made the Nurse signing even more vital. Yes, Charlie is going to deservedly get paid, but the Nurse deal seems to me to be somewhat of an outlier.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Sort of. He's coming back from a broken arm though, not 2-3 concussions. I would have loved him back here for 1 year at 1.5m. Coyle might just do alright as a 2nd line center with Johansson and Hall.

DATEDESCRIPTIONSTATUS
05/20/2021ArmOut
05/01/2021Upper BodyDay-To-Day
02/20/2021Upper BodyOut
02/03/2021Covid ProtocolOut
01/30/2021Upper BodyDay-To-Day
02/09/2020IllnessDay-To-Day
11/24/2019Upper BodyDay-To-Day
04/16/2019IllnessNone
04/13/2019IllnessNone
03/06/2019Upper BodyOut
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Actually, he had a concussion in NJ before he was traded to Boston ::Cough::Marchand::Cough::
Then had a lung contusion while he was in Boston(Ferland hit)

It's the Upper Body injuries over the past year that have been the concern. They apparently started in Buffalo and got worse in Minnesota and that is what has people concerned.
Between each of these injuries, his play apparently declined and he was a "project" that could not seem to keep healthy long enough to be a consistent contributor.

He could come back and be great for Seattle, I hope he is. But I know fans in Minni were concerned that these Upper Body injuries were taking enough of a toll on Marcus that he did not look like the same player as he was in WAS/NJ/BOS.

Reactions: inactive user

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
DATEDESCRIPTIONSTATUS
05/20/2021ArmOut
05/01/2021Upper BodyDay-To-Day
02/20/2021Upper BodyOut
02/03/2021Covid ProtocolOut
01/30/2021Upper BodyDay-To-Day
02/09/2020IllnessDay-To-Day
11/24/2019Upper BodyDay-To-Day
04/16/2019IllnessNone
04/13/2019IllnessNone
03/06/2019Upper BodyOut
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Actually, he had a concussion in NJ before he was traded to Boston ::Cough::Marchand::Cough::
Then had a lung contusion while he was in Boston(Ferland hit)

It's the Upper Body injuries over the past year that have been the concern. They apparently started in Buffalo and got worse in Minnesota and that is what has people concerned.
Between each of these injuries, his play apparently declined and he was a "project" that could not seem to keep healthy long enough to be a consistent contributor.

He could come back and be great for Seattle, I hope he is. But I know fans in Minni were concerned that these Upper Body injuries were taking enough of a toll on Marcus that he did not look like the same player as he was in WAS/NJ/BOS.

Yeah. I'm aware of all of this and also think that Kase is much more of a project and a risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->