Out of Town Thread: Pre-Pre-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
No I said the leafs had a better prospect pool than the habs last off season, ffs. A quick google search will show you what others think. Ive yet to see anyone outside a few delusional habs fans think the Habs prospect pool was better going into the 2017-18 season.
Can you list those porspects? I'm genuinely intrigued...

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Liljegren, Johnsson, Borgman, Rosen, Dermott, Kapanen was still considered a prospect.
Those guys look decent, but only Johnsson actually made a splash in that Calder Cup run so what's your point again?

And the guy is 23 years old...He will turn 24 in a couple of months!

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Yeah... Holl who's freaking 26 years old is a prospect! :facepalm:

How about we just call the whole AHL roster prospects? Sounds amazing.

I edited my post as you replied. Considering you cant keep the concept straight that the habs prospects were worse than the leafs last off season is what is being discussed and you keep asking whats the point, I dont expect much from you.

Johnsson was 22 to start last season.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I edited my post as you replied.
You're still out to lunch my friend.

Yes, the Marlies won the Calder Cup but I'm not seeing solid NHLers on that winning lineup.

Maybe Johnsson and Grundstrom can show something, Timashov? Rosen? We'll see...

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I'm not buying this. PK doesn't strike me as the type that seeks new experiences just for the sake of it so much as he's the type that adapts to his environment (in this case by force). He'll make friends easily where ever he goes but he's also big on tradition. He's made friends in Nashville and at the moment they are a competitive and well managed team. In order for him to get a new girlfriend (Toronto) he'd have to break up with his old girlfriend (Nashville). What possible reason would he have for doing that? Because you peg him as a thrill seeker and attention ****e? Sorry but PK is playing the long patient game. And as we know UFAs rarely reach the open market.

PK may have said, "he's moved on" but how often do people put on a brave face after a breakup but secretly wishing to get back together? Also PK has not moved on, he has lifelong ties to the city and the Children's hospital. Also as the saying goes, you never forget your first love aka the team that drafted him. In the video I posted above PK is thanking his minor league coach from when he was 11 years old! Does that sound like someone who just throws away relationships and moves on from them willy nilly or does he sound like someone that respects the people in his life?

I'm confused then.

Apparently PK subban is so loyal he'll come back to the habs but abandon a team he will have played for the most in his career(Nashville) by the end of his contract?

I also think you took me saying 'he likes the spotlight' in an attention seeking sense. I meant that he likes the pressure. In 4 years Toronto might will likely have greater expectations than MTL does so the pressure would be greater.

Anyway, I think he stays in Nashville but if he doesn't I don't see MTL as his destination. In 4 years people will say MB this or coach that but we're heading towards a rebuild...why would he come here?

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
you know, if we have a new GM by then, I really wouldn't be surprised to see PK Subban re-sign with us as a 33 year old for a sweetheart 3-4 year deal under market value.

I won't forget his draft day interview where he said he wanted to bring a cup back, and I won't forget the interview following the trade where he said it makes him really sad that he didn't keep his promise and he felt like he let the fans down or something along those lines.

If we have a new GM, I can 100% see it. I think PK ends up retiring a Hab.

Dude, I love the habs and all but let's be real.

Price can't even have back to back seasons without injury now...imagine in 4 years.
Weber will be older too.

Subban coming back to fulfill a promise of winning a cup is a little laughable if that's what you meant. We're struggling now, we're heading towards a rebuild IMO(Forced or chosen, doesn't matter).

I love PK but I honestly don't see him returning. The ship has sailed. It sucks but I think denial is going to hurt you a lot more when he isn't a hab after 4 seasons.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

anyone remember the last time a Hab was in one of those? hehe

#FireBergevin

The Habs' best forward is Gallagher. I'm not sure where he'd rank exactly, I'd guess that he's somewhere around being the 120th best forward in the NHL.

OK I checked. Brenden Gallagher is 85th among NHL forwards who played at least 40 games last year in points per 60, with 2.45 points per 60 minutes played.
NHL.com - Stats

So the Habs have a borderline top-100 forward in Gallagher. Jonathan Drouin is ranked 149th.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I'm confused then.

Apparently PK subban is so loyal he'll come back to the habs but abandon a team he will have played for the most in his career(Nashville) by the end of his contract?

I also think you took me saying 'he likes the spotlight' in an attention seeking sense. I meant that he likes the pressure. In 4 years Toronto might will likely have greater expectations than MTL does so the pressure would be greater.

Anyway, I think he stays in Nashville but if he doesn't I don't see MTL as his destination. In 4 years people will say MB this or coach that but we're heading towards a rebuild...why would he come here?

When his contract ends he'll have one more season as a Habs.

In 4 years, the rebuild will have advanced a bit I presume, no?

You underestimate PK's emotional attachment and you're doing ego projection. You put yourself in PK's shoes, instead of just looking at all the possibilities and if you exclude this possibility (unlikely) that he comes back means you're cutting yourself from a string of factors which you replace with your own wants.

How many hockey players have you seen cry when they come back to the arena of their former team.

This is a factor. One you seem to regard as irrelevant and yet it says a lot about PK's attachment.

Im not saying it's a sure thing, but the possibilities are much higher than what you think they are.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I see Subban staying with Nashville, they've been good to him.

Not too sure.

PK has accomplished most of his dreams. His media career is assured, so another checked off the list. Remains winning a cup. If he does that with Nash, there will be one big dream left: a cup in Montreal.

PK is extremely passionate. He puts his desires at the forefront of his passion.

That's why I think there are good chances he comes back.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Not too sure.

PK has accomplished most of his dreams. His media career is assured, so another checked off the list. Remains winning a cup. If he does that with Nash, there will be one big dream left: a cup in Montreal.

PK is extremely passionate. He puts his desires at the forefront of his passion.

That's why I think there are good chances he comes back.

Thing is he has to come in like 7 years. We aren’t winning anything until Bergevin’s stench is off of the team

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Evening fellow hockey fans. It appears that my club has just signed Tom ( Cardiff Devils of the EIHL )

I know hes a great skater and it looks like hes been signed up to be an offensive threat from the back end.

Is there anyone that can give a low down on what to expect from him. Our league is on par with the bottom AHL teams

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Evening fellow hockey fans. It appears that my club has just signed Tom ( Cardiff Devils of the EIHL )

I know hes a great skater and it looks like hes been signed up to be an offensive threat from the back end.

Is there anyone that can give a low down on what to expect from him. Our league is on par with the bottom AHL teams

He's alright. Nothing special about him. He's got good tools but not enough to be an impact player. He's more of a complimentary player that is better suited for a bottom role. If EIHL is on par with bottom AHL teams, Parisi has played on one of those bottom AHL teams and he wasn't anything to write home about.

This isn't to say he doesn't have qualities. His biggest asset is his skating. His mobility helps but even with that, the rest of his game isn't strong enough to really accentuate his mobility. He does have a decent shot, too. The EIHL may actually be a good league for him to have success in, though.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

He's okay AHL depth. He's a fluid skater and he's fairly safe and reliable on defense. Don't expect anything spectacular or out of the ordinary out of him though, that's really not his game. Not much in the way of production either, that part of his game never really developed. He's a d-first, 5th-6th ish dman at the AHL level.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
When his contract ends he'll have one more season as a Habs.

In 4 years, the rebuild will have advanced a bit I presume, no?

You underestimate PK's emotional attachment and you're doing ego projection. You put yourself in PK's shoes, instead of just looking at all the possibilities and if you exclude this possibility (unlikely) that he comes back means you're cutting yourself from a string of factors which you replace with your own wants.

How many hockey players have you seen cry when they come back to the arena of their former team.

This is a factor. One you seem to regard as irrelevant and yet it says a lot about PK's attachment.

Im not saying it's a sure thing, but the possibilities are much higher than what you think they are.

Bold: That's ironic. Everyone is so certain he's returning...but that's not putting themselves in his shoes?

Please. Let's be real. Did Iginla retire a flame? Lecavalier? Is Seguin going to go back to Boston now that Chiarelli is gone?

The only guy I recall coming back(I'm sure there's more) is Ryan Smyth but Alberta was his actual home to begin with.

Subban lives elsewhere than Montreal, he will have played with Nasvhille more and gone further with them. He has more reason to stay there than come back.

It seems everyone is projecting what they want to happen onto what Subban will do.

He is unlikely to. It's always possible but don't count on it.

We didn't even start the rebuild yet. Sucking unintentionally and keeping big contracts isn't a rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad