Out of Town Thread: Pre-Pre-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Ok not gonna lie, I teared up at the end of this video. What can I say? I'm an emotional guy! I wish I could punch bergevin right in the face so hard.

PK turns a boring mundane question from a fan into an interesting story...

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Ok not gonna lie, I teared up at the end of this video. What can I say? I'm an emotional guy! I wish I could punch bergevin right in the face so hard.

PK turns a boring mundane question from a fan into an interesting story...

It's actually hard to watch now lol. The guy was in love with this team and this city. Do you think he'd come back as a UFA?

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
It's actually hard to watch now lol. The guy was in love with this team and this city. Do you think he'd come back as a UFA?

For me it's simple. PK will be UFA in 4 years. If Montreal can turn it around and get competitive in that time with some good drafts and new management then I can seem him come back to his childhood team like Tavares did in Toronto. If Montreal is still in the gutter and Nashville is going for the Cup no way he comes back here. Say what you want about Toronto being Tavares's hometown childhood dream team but if they did not have some good young talent he would not have signed there. Same reason Stamkos passed on signing with TO years ago.

Reactions: Bergevillain

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I think PK is more likely to finish career in Toronto than MTL.

Not because he hates Montreal or loves Toronto but that I could see him going home in late 30s...

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
I think PK is more likely to finish career in Toronto than MTL.

Not because he hates Montreal or loves Toronto but that I could see him going home in late 30s...

If PK goes to Toronto it'll be to play with his friend Tavares. TO will also probably still need D by then. :sarcasm:

But I still don't see it. Subban strikes me as a loyal guy. Either he stays in Nashville or he comes back to MTL. He still has ties here and may have some unfinished business. His love for this team, it's history, city and Mr and Mrs. Beliveau is not just lip service, it's palpable. PK was heartbroken about being traded, but like all break ups time heals all wounds with every passing year. It's uncertain if he will still feel the same way about MTL in 4 years.

Last edited:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
If PK goes to Toronto it'll be to play with his friend Tavares. TO will also probably still need D by then. :sarcasm:

But I still don't see it. Subban strikes me as a loyal guy. Either he stays in Nashville or he comes back to MTL. He still has ties here and may have some unfinished business. His love for this team, it's history, city and Mr and Mrs. Beliveau is not just lip service, it's palpable. PK was heartbroken about being traded, but like all break ups time heals all wounds with every passing year. It's uncertain if he will still feel the same way about MTL in 4 years.

It's not about being loyal.

I mean, if he stayed here sure but habs forced him to move on.

If he doesn't stay in Nashville he's also the type to seemingly love the spotlight and new experiences. I could see him going to Toronto for that reason.

He's actually said in interviews "I've moved on" about the habs and why they traded him. I don't think he dwells on it very much. It's like his ex girlfriend and he has a new one now.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Jesus calm down, PK most likely doesnt give a rats ass about MTL, just like Tavares didnt give a rats ass about NYI.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
It's not about being loyal.

I mean, if he stayed here sure but habs forced him to move on.

If he doesn't stay in Nashville he's also the type to seemingly love the spotlight and new experiences. I could see him going to Toronto for that reason.

He's actually said in interviews "I've moved on" about the habs and why they traded him. I don't think he dwells on it very much. It's like his ex girlfriend and he has a new one now.

I'm not buying this. PK doesn't strike me as the type that seeks new experiences just for the sake of it so much as he's the type that adapts to his environment (in this case by force). He'll make friends easily where ever he goes but he's also big on tradition. He's made friends in Nashville and at the moment they are a competitive and well managed team. In order for him to get a new girlfriend (Toronto) he'd have to break up with his old girlfriend (Nashville). What possible reason would he have for doing that? Because you peg him as a thrill seeker and attention whore? Sorry but PK is playing the long patient game. And as we know UFAs rarely reach the open market.

PK may have said, "he's moved on" but how often do people put on a brave face after a breakup but secretly wishing to get back together? Also PK has not moved on, he has lifelong ties to the city and the Children's hospital. Also as the saying goes, you never forget your first love aka the team that drafted him. In the video I posted above PK is thanking his minor league coach from when he was 11 years old! Does that sound like someone who just throws away relationships and moves on from them willy nilly or does he sound like someone that respects the people in his life?

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Jesus calm down, PK most likely doesnt give a rats ass about MTL, just like Tavares didnt give a rats ass about NYI.

You're right. PK doesn't give a rats ass about MTL just like Tavares. I can't wait to see Tavares shed some tears the next time he comes to Long Island. :nod:

cut.jpeg

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
you know, if we have a new GM by then, I really wouldn't be surprised to see PK Subban re-sign with us as a 33 year old for a sweetheart 3-4 year deal under market value.

I won't forget his draft day interview where he said he wanted to bring a cup back, and I won't forget the interview following the trade where he said it makes him really sad that he didn't keep his promise and he felt like he let the fans down or something along those lines.

If we have a new GM, I can 100% see it. I think PK ends up retiring a Hab.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Yeah, such a shame injuries derailed his career so badly, so early. Used to be a really exciting prospect.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I dunno, I would love to see PK come back but I doubt he will, even with new management. Any friends on the team he may still have are likely gone and unless he has a lot of personal, outside of hockey, fans in the city, I don’t see why he’d come back.

I mean, it was tough leaving Home when I was young, but I sure as heck don’t want to go back and live with my parents as much as I love them.

That said, if we’re contending and we’re in a better position than other suiters, he’d be more likely to come back than other star UFAs who traditionally shun the city.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
How can you say the leafs prospect pool was no better than the habs predraft when they just won the AHL championship with a team full of their prospects. Absolutely mind boggling you cant even admit that.
And who are those amazing prospects that won the AHL championship?

Reactions: DAChampion

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
you know, if we have a new GM by then, I really wouldn't be surprised to see PK Subban re-sign with us as a 33 year old for a sweetheart 3-4 year deal under market value.

I won't forget his draft day interview where he said he wanted to bring a cup back, and I won't forget the interview following the trade where he said it makes him really sad that he didn't keep his promise and he felt like he let the fans down or something along those lines.

If we have a new GM, I can 100% see it. I think PK ends up retiring a Hab.

I think this is a wish that is shared among many Habs fans, myself included, and Im pretty sure PK is aware of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->