Injury Report: Out of Town Thread Part XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Looking like the Canes are looking to add to their top 9. On top of pursuing Puljujarvi, now Lebrun says they're also pursuing Ho-Sang:

https://www.tsn.ca/video/insider-tr...e-tires-on-wingers-ho-sang-puljujarvi~1806984

Lebrun adds that the Canes are not alone inquiring about Ho-Sang.

On the topic of the Canes, since we can’t talk about current NHLers in the former Habs thread... former Hab Aho has 3 points so far in 8 games averaging almost 19 minutes a night.

In all seriousness, his possession numbers are awesome but he has had no puck luck at all.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
On the topic of the Canes, since we can’t talk about current NHLers in the former Habs thread... former Hab Aho has 3 points so far in 8 games averaging almost 19 minutes a night.

In all seriousness, his possession numbers are awesome but he has had no puck luck at all.

Hoping it continues and just before the Canes have to drop another big cash payment on his lap, the Habs get a call and a trade is made. :naughty:

Reactions: sandviper

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
6 games in. Are you serious.
Some hab fans follow MBs lead. Point to other teams that are struggling or out and out suck.......to make your own team not look AS bad.
Three years from there will be 5 new lousy teams to use for a measuring stick.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I mean, With Danault, Domi and Dubois in the system passing on Kotkaniemi wouldve made sense. Hughes wouldve been the other logical choice.
Has Quinn Hughes made you look silly with your draft comments yet? Kid looks awesome with the Canucks.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I wonder if there ever has been ticket scalping going on at the Florida Panthers home arena? Is pathetic they can have an NHL team with so little interest? :huh:

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
It's crazy that a player like Jamie Benn seems to already be on a steep decline. he's only 30.

It shows how quickly the game is changing. It's going to be tough for a lot
of players in their 30's.

I watched some hockey fights from the 80s
last night on YT and when they played they looked extremely slow compared to today.
If they world slow the same type of boarding and hits today there would probably be some really serious injuries.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
One without Price , one without Weber and one with 96 pts ( How many time a NHL team didn't make the playoffs with those numbers ?).
Both players are in their downside . To me i would choose Weber between the 2 , because Subban is/was a flashy player but nothing else while Weber is still a big presence but also a mentor , a "father" that will still contribute once he'll be less effective on the ice . He's the guy that you want to be around the team and i wouldn't be surprised to see him in a management role after his career . Subban is more of a public face you will see in the medias ; a kind of modern clown that will replace Don Cherry :laugh:
"flashy player but nothing else", "modern clown" ... dude you're talking about a Norris Trophy winner.

amazing the sneaky hate Subban still gets around here. :shakehead

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Come on man, they didn't even have first round picks for four straight years until 2017, hows that a valid comparison ? Actually, taking the last decade (2009+), only McIlrath busted, they did very, very well with Kreider, Miller and Skjei. Too soon to talk about 2017 and on, but its looking real, real good for them.

Their pick this year was the highest since 1967 I believe.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They make it so easy for me lol

I know they’ll get their act together soon but it’s fun to see them struggle.
I believe it’ll be Habs and Rangers fighting for that 8th playoff spot

Rather than dabble into what the Rangers are doing, I've been focusing on other, more important stuff:

Out of Town Thread Part XXVIII

:D

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I wonder if there ever has been ticket scalping going on at the Florida Panthers home arena? Is pathetic they can have an NHL team with so little interest? :huh:
Canadian teams couldn't get away with that though and we have to pay through the nose for tickets in comparison to the free ticket giveaways and slashed prices from some teams south of the border.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I can confirm they have zero ticket scalpers at the Panthers arena. I've been there almost a dozen times and never seen them. I was there this past winter, actively looking for a scalper for tickets to see the Habs. Nuthin'.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I'm sure you recognize the value of leadership in any group setting. Whether we're talking sports, business, or a rock band, the right leader makes the group try harder, focus more, and perform better. There's nothing mythical about it; the effect of leadership on people is very real. On the flip side, bad internal chemistry without leadership almost always leads to failure.

I'm talking in generalities because, in the case of Weber or any team leader, how are fans supposed to offer concrete examples of their impact? You can't assign numbers to the value of leadership. You also can't see leadership when it happens -- we're not in the locker room or on the bench. But we can see the letters on Weber's jerseys. He wears the "C" here, as he did in Nashville, and he wore an "A" with Team Canada. Obviously, enough people in the hockey world value this guy's leadership, since multiple rosters and coaches continue to place him in a position to lead them.

Just as obviously, no matter how good a leader Weber might be, he can't turn a mediocre team into a Cup winner. But if he's as good a captain as he reportedly is, he can make the mediocre team a little better, maybe keep it from cracking under pressure or cracking through internal dissension. Those benefits are tangible and, unfortunately, totally invisible to fans.

Those are a lot of words to avoid acknowledging that his leadership has had no meaningful impact. So the benefits are invisible because they don't make the team better, but they are critical.

The team has not performed better. The effect of his leadership on the Habs performance is null. There is no less failure than there was before. So we added critical leadership and it did nothing?

If the benefits are tangible, and Weber's leadership is revered and impactful, there should be some visible evidence of how it has helped the team. Interesting that the loss of his leadership in Nashville was also totally invisible to fans, because the team didn't seem to miss a beat.

At least you didn't talk about Playstation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->