Injury Report: Out of Town Thread Part XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I think the moment he signed Tavares should have opened the door to making a supertrade for a top end Dman. They brought in Barrie, far from a big top end guy, but they lost Gardener so not much of a win there. Similar to us losing Radulov and signing Drouin...meh...nothing gained, they lost Kadri, we lost Sergachev.
I would move a big name out of TO for a top end Dman right now.
Realistically, who could they get if Matthews was on the table? OEL+? Slavin+? Weber+? :ha:I don't imagine a stud like Jones would be available, even for A.M.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
The team need experience. I've been saying it since last year. Dubas job is too keep the core intact until they get that experience (like the caps did with their current gm). Rielly's new contract might be his first real challenge. Not sure he is up to the task.
I'm happy to see him try!

Reactions: Habano

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Habs might have to add a second, on account of age?

I bet we tried but who knows. Problem was we tried to get PLD in the draft and that was squashed by the Blue Jackets. Then we pinned ourselves in the corner with the NMC looming. I wonder if Weber was not offered, would we of still traded Subban?

Story won't go away. I'd love to know some behind the scenes facts... might come out down the road

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pretty good numbers especially given his deployment. It'd be a good year if he put up 10 goals.

Imagine having Caufield, Struble, Dorofeyev, Norlinder? Just wonder what the problem they had with Dorofeyev? We need snipers like him and he was there for the taking a few times with our picks

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yes. I think its clear MB wanted him out.

After the PLD fail, I'd love to know what the offers were besides Weber. Imagine if Weber was not offered and we got a even worse return? Pretty sure all GM's interested knew he was being shopped and the NMC issue the Habs had.

We have to assume Hall was offered right? Too bad our RD depth was horrible. However, would Hall re-sign with us? Not so sure the Alberta boy would.

Hall and Klefbom for Subban would of been a steal

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Imagine having Caufield, Struble, Dorofeyev, Norlinder? Just wonder what the problem they had with Dorofeyev? We need snipers like him and he was there for the taking a few times with our picks

Sounded like they wanted dmen and dmen only. Norlinder has been impressive and I'm quite alright with that pick. Having Struble ahead of Jones, though...yeah I doubt that will turn out to be correct.

Reactions: habsfan891

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
They took the Capitals to OT without Tavares & lost Muzzin for most of the game, then handed them the victory with 2 dumb penalties.
You guys were 1/8 on the PP and still bitching about the refs screwing you. Pittsburgh is winning without Malkin. Like I said, the Laffs are an average team. Just because they have 4 grossly overpaid players doesn't make them good, it just confirms that Dubas is stupid and got taken to the cleaners. Your record is below .500 in the last 50 games going back to last year when pyjama boy was healthy. You are not that good, get over it. :nod:

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sounded like they wanted dmen and dmen only. Norlinder has been impressive and I'm quite alright with that pick. Having Struble ahead of Jones, though...yeah I doubt that will turn out to be correct.

I'm OK with the Struble pick. It's hard to tell how good or bad he will be but I love physically strong puck moving D men. It's a long shot but could turn out well.

Jones who?

Norlinder looks good. Looking forward to see how he looks against fellow 18/19 year olds a the WJC.

I know things will change but this is how I see our D down the road in 3 years.. Weber is gone and we sign Petry similarly like the Canucks signed Edler. 2 year deal taking him to 35. I doubt teams are drooling over offering Petry a long term deal at 33. AAV will be what he is after and we can do that if we let Tatar go and Weber is either traded or retires.

Norlinder / Petry
Romanov / Brook
Mete / Fleury or Juulsen

Struble, Harris, Kulak

It has potential to be very good in front of the Price/Primeau combo. If both Petry and Weber are gone in 3 or 4 years, we need to find a very good RD in the next draft IMO.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Zac Jones.

Interesting prospect also doing well as a 19 year old in his first NCAA year. Tied for 1st in team scoring and he plays D. Impressive!

Struble is one year younger though and I do like his potential in the mix. Big boy that can skate and likes to move the puck. It's way to early to know if he bust or turns into a beast. Anybody got a chance to watch him so far in his first 3 games? Making the NCAA as a 18 year old is also impressive is it not?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Interesting prospect also doing well as a 19 year old in his first NCAA year. Tied for 1st in team scoring and he plays D. Impressive!

Struble is one year younger though and I do like his potential in the mix. Big boy that can skate and likes to move the puck. It's way to early to know if he bust or turns into a beast. Anybody got a chance to watch him so far in his first 3 games? Making the NCAA as a 18 year old is also impressive is it not?

When it comes to prep school hockey, I defer to our scouts. I just don't know enough about it, how to weigh prospects in that league, nor do I care enough about that league to learn. So I won't call Struble a bad pick. I am not able to make that judgement.

However, I can say that Zac Jones would have been an awesome pick.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Realistically, who could they get if Matthews was on the table? OEL+? Slavin+? Weber+? :ha:I don't imagine a stud like Jones would be available, even for A.M.

If Matthews was with the Habs, would he be a winger? :laugh:. Honestly though, I don't think he is a effective center. Leafs should stack up their top line with Matthews / Tavares / Marner and kept Kadri. Problem is their bottom 6 depth is not very good and their D is weak physically. Only physically strong guy they got is Muzzin and he is looking to be paid as a UFA this July.

Dubas will be the next Bergevin... terrible prospect pool full of hopeful long shots and always looking for depth year after year with no cap space

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad