CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
Meanwhile in Bergevin's office :

36sp9r.jpg

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Do people really think Shipachev just washed out of the NHL because he wasn't good enough? Is that how it's been spun?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Shipachyov played 3 games, it's not like they gave him a full season and he crapped the bed. You are right, Gusev is better.
It seemed pretty evident that he had a terrible attitude which drove him away. I'm sure he could have had a real chance but was too much of a head case. I mean their center core wasn't anything great.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Ok, with the number of picks we have and the hole we have on RW, I don't get not rolling the dice on Gusev... I'll gladly eat my words if he flops "à la" Shipachev, but man, that's basically what we got for Shaw. I've been trying to remain patient so far, but this one stings..

Shipachyov didn't flop, FWIW. He actually looked like a capable 2C offensively, then no one wanted to trade for him and he decided to go back to the KHL.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
It seemed pretty evident that he had a terrible attitude which drove him away. I'm sure he could have had a real chance but was too much of a head case. I mean they had Cody Eakin as their 2nd line center lol.

Vegas handled the situation in a bizarre way, you may be right. The guy was 31 years old, they signed him and then they tried to send him to the ahl...

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
We will have to wait and see what Gusev does, but the Devils have ADDED two good player (top 6 forward/top 4 dman) for longer than a year. The only player that comes to mind where we can say the same with Bergevin would be Jeff Petry. In other words, Devils did twice the amount of work with those 2 moves in one summer than Bergevin has during his entire tenure.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
It seemed pretty evident that he had a terrible attitude which drove him away. I'm sure he could have had a real chance but was too much of a head case. I mean they had Cody Eakin as their 2nd line center lol.

Erik Haula actually and he scored 29 goals 55 points.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Yeah you are right, my bad. I'm sure Schipachev could have taken a spot in the top 9 at the very least.

Definitely. I'm surprised someone didn't take a flier on Shipachyov, and he had every right to be kind of upset at being sent to Chicago in the AHL a few weeks after a mass shooting with his wife all alone in Vegas.

Gallant is stuck in his ways and it paid off for him, he's kind of like Therrien with a fully functioning brain.

Reactions: LaP

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I like what the Devils are doing right now. Assuming Schneider gets back to a respectable starter level, that's a team that could challenge for a playoff spot at this point.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
We will have to wait and see what Gusev does, but the Devils have ADDED two good player (top 6 forward/top 4 dman) for longer than a year. The only player that comes to mind where we can say the same with Bergevin would be Jeff Petry. In other words, Devils did twice the amount of work with those 2 moves in one summer than Bergevin has during his entire tenure.
so i guess Domi and Tatar are crap right ?cmon your reading to much of brendan kelly's toxic dribble.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I like what the Devils are doing right now. Assuming Schneider gets back to a respectable starter level, that's a team that could challenge for a playoff spot at this point.
I doubt Schneider can go back to starter level. The guy nearly went 14 months without a win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->