Out of Town Thread Part XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Of note, it's an extension as he still has one year left on his current deal (3.5 AAV).

TB still needs to sign Point and unless he signs a bridge, then he'll get a good size contract.

Next summer will be interesting for them.

I'm sure they'll look to get rid of Johnson or Palat.

Similar to Price being extended. No surprise,they like him and want him locked up before exploring the market.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Ok, with the number of picks we have and the hole we have on RW, I don't get not rolling the dice on Gusev... I'll gladly eat my words if he flops "à la" Shipachev, but man, that's basically what we got for Shaw. I've been trying to remain patient so far, but this one stings..

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Ok, with the number of picks we have and the hole we have on RW, I don't get not rolling the dice on Gusev... I'll gladly eat my words if he flops "à la" Shipachev, but man, that's basically what we got for Shaw. I've been trying to remain patient so far, but this one stings..
Hard to say it stings since we just don't know what Gusev can do at the NHL level - but if he turns into the next Panarin or something close, even an Evgeny Dadonov.

Then yikes!

Reactions: Lshap

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Hard to say it stings since we just don't know what Gusev can do at the NHL level - but if he turns into the next Panarin or something close, even an Evgeny Dadonov.

Then yikes!
Oh yeah I totally agree, I guess our pro scouts didn't think his skills would translate to the NHL, they better be right, cause he seemed like a pretty solid fit for us..

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Then yikes!
Why yikes? Wouldn't be the first time we passed up on players like that and it won't be the last. I mean Bergevin refused to trade Poehling+2nd+ for ROR when adding ROR is pretty much what gave the mediocre Blues the cup.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010

I agree with you. Hes like a younger version of Radulov. We have a shitload of picks and most of the players draftee pass the 2nd rnd dont even make it to the NHL. Im always patient with Bergevin but he needed to be all over the Gusev situation.
Devils went from laughing stock to legit playoff performers. (Goaltending is their biggest issue now).

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Why yikes? Wouldn't be the first time we passed up on players like that and it won't be the last. I mean Bergevin refused to trade Poehling+2nd+ for ROR when adding ROR is pretty much what gave the mediocre Blues the cup.
yikes in the sense that given our riches in draft picks coupled with our need for a skilled, right handed shooting winger.

If he blows up...it's going to be difficult to justify

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
If he does well, we will probably hear how Gusev wasn't interested in coming. If he doesn't do well, we will hear about we were right to not give him a shot.
I'm pretty sure Gusev just wanted to play in the NHL, it was a trade after all..

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
yikes in the sense that given our riches in draft picks coupled with our need for a skilled, right handed shooting winger.

If he blows up...it's going to be difficult to justify
If Bergevin has an excuse ready for not acquiring the selke and Conn smythe winning #1C, then he has an excuse ready for not acquiring the unproven Gusev.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If Bergevin has an excuse ready for not acquiring the selke and Conn smythe winning #1C, then he has an excuse ready for not acquiring the unproven Gusev.
I'm not expecting him to have an excuse..it's not like he's going to respond to questions about Gusev if ever he blows up in New Jersey.

I'm just talking more about here on HF and on social media.

It's gonna get ugly (uglier then it already is).

Reactions: jaffy27

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So the Devils heh?

Hall-Hughes-Palmieri
Gusev-Hischier-Simmonds
Coleman-Zajac-Bratt
Zacha-McLoed-Woods

Vatanen-Subban
Smith-Severson
Butcher-Greene

If Schneider can regain form or Blackwood has it in him theyre going to be good.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
We need skill. We need a right handed shot. Sure, the cap hit is high, but I see Bergevin is doing nothing to address needs yet again.

So the Devils heh?

Hall-Hughes-Palmieri
Gusev-Hischier-Simmonds
Coleman-Zajac-Bratt
Zacha-McLoed-Woods

Vatanen-Subban
Smith-Severson
Butcher-Greene

If Schneider can regain form or Blackwood has it in him theyre going to be good.

Bottom 6 is questionable. Defense isn't solid and goaltending is likely to be bad. They need Schneider to be really good to make it.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Oh I'm sure of it. Yet...I'm also sure that any excuse is ready to be given.
Players like Gusev are not available and you have to draft them! We might get a player like Gusev when our LW depth is weak and we go and draft by need with every single pick.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
So the Devils heh?

Hall-Hughes-Palmieri
Gusev-Hischier-Simmonds
Coleman-Zajac-Bratt
Zacha-McLoed-Woods

Vatanen-Subban
Smith-Severson
Butcher-Greene

Ya I think Schneider is done.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
We need skill. We need a right handed shot. Sure, the cap hit is high, but I see Bergevin is doing nothing to address needs yet again.

Bottom 6 is questionable. Defense isn't solid and goaltending is likely to be bad. They need Schneider to be really good to make it.
They have like 6 top four quality Dman, Subban is still a good number one too.

Also that third line is still great, Zajac is a good, good vet.

Thats on paper though, so I dont know.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Zajac ius not q

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Gusev was one of, if not the best players in the KHL last year. Like a lot of top Russian players, he prefers to play on his off wing.

82 regular season points in 62 games, and he finished with close to 100 including playoffs.

He's a legit superstar in the KHL and I think he'll play very well with the Devils. A steal for a couple of picks.

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Gusev was one of, if not the best players in the KGL last year. Like a lot of top Russian players, he prefers to play on his off wing.

82 regular season points in 62 games, and he finished with close to 100 including playoffs.

He's a legit superstar in the KHL and I think he'll play very well with the Devils. A steal for a couple of picks.
I don't see a Schipachev with him because look at the 2nd highest scorer on Gusevs team last year, he wasnt even close to Gusev.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I don't see a Schipachev with him because look at the 2nd highest scorer on Gusevs team last year, he wasnt even close to Gusev.

I'll be following the Devils a lot more closely this season than in the past. There's some serious upgrades in Jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->