Out of Town Thread Part XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
He didn't want to pay Radulov 'cause he didn't believe he was that big of a need. He wanted to play hardball with him and he lost.

For Subban, PR is not about what media thinks but what fans do. Bergevin, clearly, didn't like PK, and was imposed his signature by an owner who did play the PR card and saw how popular he was. It's clear Bergevin never wanted to give so much money to him. And from that moment, had to work on convincing Molson to let him go as soon as possible after that. As of today, Bergie doesn't look as stupid as I thought he was mostly because of PK's inability to keep the pace. Yet, Weber while playing good, still doesn't put us on top either.

Weber has been okay but he has not been terrific either. I mean he's averaging 46 points every 82 games here. So in a normal 77 something games season he had pretty much been a 40 points guy here. He missed lot of games. Defensively he's doing great most of the time but certainly not top 10 in the league. He has rough nights defensively speaking and they are less and less spaced as the season progress. MB doesn't look bad because pk had a rough year last year certainly not because Weber has been impressive.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Man don't do that again i thought for a second MB did the mistake to sign him.
Lol... so did I :) Went to RDS and Le Journal... it would have been front page news there. Le retour d'un bon pt't gars d'chez Nous... But alas, no such headline.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Just wait for the Habs’s golf tournament where MB is sure to proclaim how this season’s edition of the Habs is better than last year. Clowns.

I'm, sure he learned from that. What you will hear though is the always informative..you never know. Look at the Blues. From last to Cup winner. We will be there. We will compete. And blah-blah-blah.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm, sure he learned from that. What you will hear though is the always informative..you never know. Look at the Blues. From last to Cup winner. We will be there. We will compete. And blah-blah-blah.

Need a battlecry song like the Blues had, tho. Something sung by one of their tart anthem singers.

Remember that the Blues only turned it around last season when they started using Gloria as a theme song. :sarcasm:

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Dal Colle looks like a total bust.

As far as Ho-Sang, if he fixes his attitude problem and focus, he could be a good player in this league. (40-50 pts payer)

His AHL coach had this to say about him in 2018 :

“He’s a baby,” Thompson told the New York Post, referring to the soon-to-be 22-year-old young professional. “He’s a baby, he’s immature and he’s got a lot of growing to do. I’m excited. The upside of him is outstanding. He worked hard today, he’s been working really hard. We all make mistakes, we all have bad games. It’s how do we respond from those and what do we learn from them?
“Every piece of this season for Josh, with us, is a development piece. It’s just going to be a longer process with some people.”

Islanders AHL coach on Josh Ho-Sang: 'He's got a lot of growing to do' - Sportsnet.ca

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
What the hell is Colorado doing this offseason? Throwing a bunch of **** at the wall and hoping it sticks?
At 150K over the minimum salary, I like this deal for Colorado. The Avalanche is at 13 forwards with Nichuschkin and Rantanen still not signed. Colorado needed a little more size and grit sprayed throughout the line up. They fixed this with Kadri, Nichushkin and Bellamare. Yes they lost Barrie, but they are expecting Girard to take the next step and they are also probably hoping Makar is able to play 16+ minutes on a regular basis. Nichushkin is can be a offensive threat on the 3rd line capable of putting 30+ points.

Reactions: Frenchy

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Dal Colle looks like a total bust.

As far as Ho-Sang, if he fixes his attitude problem and focus, he could be a good player in this league. (40-50 pts payer)

His AHL coach had this to say about him in 2018 :

“He’s a baby,” Thompson told the New York Post, referring to the soon-to-be 22-year-old young professional. “He’s a baby, he’s immature and he’s got a lot of growing to do. I’m excited. The upside of him is outstanding. He worked hard today, he’s been working really hard. We all make mistakes, we all have bad games. It’s how do we respond from those and what do we learn from them?
“Every piece of this season for Josh, with us, is a development piece. It’s just going to be a longer process with some people.”

Islanders AHL coach on Josh Ho-Sang: 'He's got a lot of growing to do' - Sportsnet.ca
I think Dal Colle gets picked up if place on waivers. He needs to find a way to be effective with his lack of speed. He is also signed for 2 years

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
What the hell is Colorado doing this offseason? Throwing a bunch of **** at the wall and hoping it sticks?
I wouldn't mind this move. Very low cost with a big upside. Just like I never hated bringing in Semin. The problem is when you are betting so much on these guys. Colorado brought in Kadri to help already, and with some solid youngsters on the back end, it's not so bad.
Still would be hoping they add in defensive help but I wouldn't mind giving VN a shot.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I think Dal Colle gets picked up if place on waivers. He needs to find a way to be effective with his lack of speed. He is also signed for 2 years
You think an NHL team will have a roster spot for him? I don't see it, certainly not at the beginning of the season, he'll go right through like McCarron did multiple times.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
With hindsight, Galchenyuk was not a development problem but a talent problem, exacerbated by two major knee injuries.

Don't want to derail this thread to talk about Galchenyuk but how can you concluded that it wasn't a development problem?

We made numerous highly questionable development decisions with him and then he didn't develop.

Reactions: habsfan891

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Don't want to derail this thread to talk about Galchenyuk but how can you concluded that it wasn't a development problem?

We made numerous highly questionable development decisions with him and then he didn't develop.
Galchenyuk’s biggest problem was his dad.

Reactions: habsfan891
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad