Out of Town Thread Part XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Of course. I mean come on it should not need to be specified. Of course no team will ignore Ovy because he's russian. But some NHL managements do favor some style of players and it does play against players coming from some particular countries. It can be either way. The Sens back in the Alfredsson and Hossa days did favor European players.

For me it's very clear our management favor the whiitt *cough* Canadian *cough* way of playing hockey. And it is very dangerous to do that. There's no perfect way to play hockey. There's just guys skilled enough and guys not skilled enough.

The style of teams winning the cup changes as often as i change my underwear. But most of the time it's a very skilled team with players complimenting each other very well. Having just one style of players in a team is usually not very effective specially if they are a bunch of grinders.
Their top 4 picks in the 2018 draft were from Europe. I think they've identified what type of player they want, and I'm not sure it's the player you described. If anything, they've even looked more to the US than Canada.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Their top 4 picks in the 2018 draft were from Europe. I think they've identified what type of player they want, and I'm not sure it's the player you described. If anything, they've even looked more to the US than Canada.

Sergachev was from Europe. As long as they are not in the NHL playing a different way of hockey complimenting our players like Gallagher and Domi it's 100% moot.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I think teams are savvy enough to have come up with specified criteria that also entails the geographical history of the player they scout. It's not enough to say, "Well, they're from Russia, so no." It's more like "Well, they're from (insert country/state/province/league), so let's look at the checklist."
So for example...

You think the fact that the Ottawa Senators haven't drafted a Russian-born since 2005 is because they haven't found any Russian players who fit in their checklist?

Sorry...I don't buy that.

Jul 6, 2016
Zac Parise is expecting to be traded. Who's gonna take that crazy contract and a 35 yo player ?

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
And in the end will receive one more million than Price.
He got the same money as Kucherov, best paid players on Tampa Roster

Of note, it's an extension as he still has one year left on his current deal (3.5 AAV).

TB still needs to sign Point and unless he signs a bridge, then he'll get a good size contract.

Next summer will be interesting for them.

I'm sure they'll look to get rid of Johnson or Palat.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Of note, it's an extension as he still has one year left on his current deal (3.5 AAV).

TB still needs to sign Point and unless he signs a bridge, then he'll get a good size contract.

Next summer will be interesting for them.

I'm sure they'll look to get rid of Johnson or Palat.

I think Gourde and Killorn will go before Johnson who's on a nice deal.
They got a couple of good prospects that should pushing by then + 2 x 1st round pick next year.
I,m sure they'll managed to keep all their top guys.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I think Gourde and Killorn will go before Johnson who's on a nice deal.
They got a couple of good prospects that should pushing by then + 2 x 1st round pick next year.
I,m sure they'll managed to keep all their top guys.
Tampa has had a goldmine of prospects over the last decade who have developed into their current stars. Their scouting and development has been the best in the league. There's a good chance they've got the next round of future stars in their system and can afford to lose a few current top-six players.

Reactions: Tyson

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Damn the Devils means business.

1) Trade a bad def for Taylor Hall
2) Draft 1st overall, get Hischier
3) Trade a shitty package for PK Subban
4) Draft 1st overall, get Hughes
5) Sign Wayne Simmonds on a low-risk/high reward conteact.
6) Trade two picks for the best KHL forward, Nikita Gusev

All within 3 years. With a good prospects pool And now they have a team!

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I still don't understand why they would wait that long to match. Because other teams asked for it so they can sign their own RFAs? Well why the **** would you help out other teams in the first place? And there have been a grand total of zero RFA during the wait time.

That's just been the history of the NHL. I guess it's the only way to get retribution on the team making the offer. They want to tie their hands as long as possible for taking negotiations out of their hands.

Although, I don't think Montreal really has much else planned at this point. They must have anticipated the week long wait as well. They would be naive if they didn't expect that.

Reactions: LaP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->