Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
BZSjAqC.jpg

I just spat out my food. :laugh: :biglaugh:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Lebrun on The Athletic writes about a few things around the league. One of the tidbits are that he has some sources telling him the Jets are listening on offers for Ehlers. He'd be such an amazing target for Montreal. I doubt he gets moved. But it would be fun to fantasize.

"A few sources have suggested the cap-crunched Jets are listening to offers on Nikolaj Ehlers, among others. The speedy winger, 23, has six more years on his deal at a $6-million cap hit. I would think if Winnipeg did move him it would be for a defenceman so they could protect themselves against a trade of Jacob Trouba and potentially losing Tyler Myers to free agency."

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He's a player I just can't seem to understand, tons of talent and with absolutely no need for the Sean no talent Avery type of behavior but yet he can't seem to help himself. He must have really been beaten down somewhere along the way.

Fully agreed. Although he's less of a pest than before, he can't help himself. He reverts back to that POS. When he focuses on hockey, he is one of the best at his position. He's got all the tools necessary. He can skate, he can stick handle, he can shoot, he can pass, he isn't afraid to go into the dirty areas.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Fully agreed. Although he's less of a pest than before, he can't help himself. He reverts back to that POS. When he focuses on hockey, he is one of the best at his position. He's got all the tools necessary. He can skate, he can stick handle, he can shoot, he can pass, he isn't afraid to go into the dirty areas.
Check out some of the on-ice training that both he and Sidney Crosby and Nate Mackinnon do together in Halifax during the summer, the clips are on Youtube. He has amazing skill and outstanding ability in tight checking, every bit as good as the other two, I wish that he would just cut the crap.

Reactions: Doc McKenna and the

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Check out some of the on-ice training that both he and Sidney Crosby and Nate Mackinnon do together in Halifax during the summer, the clips are on Youtube. He has amazing skill and outstanding ability in tight checking, every bit as good as the other two, I wish that he would just cut the crap.

it's a Bruin thing ,of the older era.... Lucic Thornton Chara Marchand era...they all played their parts......if he was drafted by Detroit unlikely his game would involve that.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
He is not well liked in the Halifax area so I don't know, it might just be him.

As we all know,Big Bad Bruins was a thing in the 1970's.....and recreated again with Lucic Chara Thornton etc...Marchand he was born into that(role) ,to be " the new " little Kenny "Rat" Linesmen" from the old days in Boston... media in Boston they feed the hype ...and he had Chara and Lucic and Thornton to allow him to do his(dirty) things, and they take care of him ..
Again, if he was drafted by Detroit , they would have made him play the game straighter, not the form into Boston "Rat Kenny Linesmen " style ..IMHO

few examples of the Boston and media building up and hyping

Apr 23, 2011
New 'Rat' in the making? - Boston Bruins Blog- ESPN - ESPN.com

https://www.espn.com/blog/boston/bruins/post/_/id/4855/new-rat-in-the-making

Ken 'The Rat' Linseman proud to be compared to Brad 'The Rat ...

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/.../ken-rat-linseman-proud-compared-brad-rat-marchand-...

Jan 14, 2012 - Ken 'The Rat' Linseman proud to be compared to Brad 'The Rat' ... Boston Herald sought that of Linseman, in validating Marchand's rat status.

Linseman rates new Rat – Boston Herald

Linseman rates new Rat – Boston Herald

Jan 14, 2012 - Marchand is known as “The Rat,” and he rather enjoys the nickname.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldCraig71

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Lebrun on The Athletic writes about a few things around the league. One of the tidbits are that he has some sources telling him the Jets are listening on offers for Ehlers. He'd be such an amazing target for Montreal. I doubt he gets moved. But it would be fun to fantasize.

"A few sources have suggested the cap-crunched Jets are listening to offers on Nikolaj Ehlers, among others. The speedy winger, 23, has six more years on his deal at a $6-million cap hit. I would think if Winnipeg did move him it would be for a defenceman so they could protect themselves against a trade of Jacob Trouba and potentially losing Tyler Myers to free agency."

That makes sense. Also, Byfuglien isnt getting any younger. Ehlers hasn't shown much in the playoffs so far in his career, which could explain why the jets would use him as their trading chip. That sounds like a rumour with some meat to it, theoretically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad