Out of Town thread. Part XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I saw a quote from Babcock saying something to the effect that it’s a privilege to play/work for the Leafs, and that Marner is being greedy.

Unimpeded by a CBA, he gladly backed up the money truck and bent the Leafs over. And now he throws shade at Marner.

1- he's being a hypocrite

2- he does have a point that Marner is being "greedy", if the term is referring to a person who is prioritizing money over the other aspects of sporting success (ie taking less money to facilitate more money for his team to retain overall roster talent).... But, the league is first and foremost a money making capitalist venture, not a sport one, so really he's just stating the obvious which the vast majority of people involved, from ownership on down, are "guilty" of (IF there's anything wrong with greed)

He, like many, is probably just letting the marketing stories cloud his perception of things...

Reactions: Tighthead

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Funny, reading reports, today shea webber is worth more then PK subban . How the times change

Will be interesting to see what that story looks like this time next year.

If healthy, I'd bet on PK being a Norris finalist again, if not winning his 2nd. All this piling on him after one, injury-riddled, season is likely going to fire up a guy whose already incredibly competitive & highly motivated

Reactions: Chez Jesperi

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
I will laugh (and cry) so hard if the Preds get a better return for Subban than we did.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I wonder what the conditional 1st is about? Leafs needed to get rid of that contract, but if it costs a 2020 1st that's a big ouch.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Will be interesting to see what that story looks like this time next year.

If healthy, I'd bet on PK being a Norris finalist again, if not winning his 2nd. All this piling on him after one, injury-riddled, season is likely going to fire up a guy whose already incredibly competitive & highly motivated
Crazy that in hindsight we might be all very wrongs starting with me, and MB right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad