Out of Town thread. Part XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Value dropping….and red flags added.
Oilers won't get a good return out of him, that's for sure now.

We're nearing Hudon territory now.

PUmeRCU.jpg

Pulju for Hudon. Final offer.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I’d do Byron or Shaw for him. I love Byron puuljarvis size and potential is very enticing

I like the potential of Pulju but at this point, there's too many red flags to give them an established NHL.
What happened in Edmonton...he's a prospect who's done shit in the NHL and he's throwing a tantrum to get traded.

If i'm an NHL winger, i would jump at the chance to be on a line with McDavid or Draisaitl.
Really something wrong there.

Reactions: Runner77

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
So much for that earlier message by the agent when he stated "nothing against the Oilers". :laugh:

think about this, Ken Holland is classic for sending guys to AHL to develop..look last year with you know who....remember the fella goona fill our nets??? (ZADINA)

JP wants no part of that...Holland probally wanted a reset(start ya in AHL stint)....JP camp says nope, in the voice of Denis Lemieux of Slap SHot ,TRADE ME RIGHT ###### NOW...

WHO HONES THE CHIEFS???

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I like the potential of Pulju but at this point, there's too many red flags to give them an established NHL.
What happened in Edmonton...he's a prospect who's done **** in the NHL and he's throwing a tantrum to get traded.

If i'm an NHL winger, i would jump at the chance to be on a line with McDavid or Draisaitl.
I agree with what you’re saying but I just find Byron and Shaw redundant. Both good players but both 3rd liners. Same with Armia and leks
We have a lot of those. I’m only in for Pulju if Bergevin can’t do anything’ in the next few days

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What happened in Edmonton...he's a prospect who's done **** in the NHL and he's throwing a tantrum to get traded.

Jarmo knew enough about Pulju to stay away, despite his high ranking and despite the fact that he is a countryman.

What did Jarmo know? Maybe what we're seeing now, as Pulju's value continues to plummet.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The reporters are trying to create some buzz around what will probably end up being a boring 1st round draft show. I have taken the bait way too many times from draft day and trade deadline show hype that turns out to be nothing.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Jarmo knew enough about Pulju to stay away, despite his high ranking and despite the fact that he is a countryman.

What did Jarmo know? Maybe what we're seeing now, as Pulju's value continues to plummet.

i bet it be different if he was drafted a Habs....Habs never destroyed Gally27's career ,coming in at 18 or Kotkanemi ,Habs managed both right etc...

Oilers screwed that up ...JP 18 yrs old..couldnt speak a lick of english..and toxic waste dump there from day 1 when he arrived

Last edited:

Boardish

Mar 3, 2004
i bet it be different if he was drafted a Habs....Habs never destroyed Gally27's career ,coming in at 18 or the Kotkanemi ,Habs managed both right etc...

Oilers screwed that up ...18 yrs old..couldnt speak a lick of english..and toxic waste there from day 1....
Yeah, it’s not like he’s the first high draft pick that they have ruined.

Reactions: Habaneros

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I agree with what you’re saying but I just find Byron and Shaw redundant. Both good players but both 3rd liners. Same with Armia and leks
We have a lot of those. I’m only in for Pulju if Bergevin can’t do anything’ in the next few days

Shaw just put up 47 points in 63 games, that's kind of worth more than a reclamation project
Give them Hudon and 2nd instead or something like that.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Yeah, it’s not like he’s the first high draft pick that they have ruined.

it honestly makes you wonder say if a team like Blackhawks or Pittsburgh drafted Yakupov..or Hall, JP or all those other top picks....i bet it been different for their careers

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Imagine how different things would have been if that trade with Edmonton happened?

Subban + 9th for Nurse/Klefbom + Draisaitl + 4th or whatever it was.

Jul 6, 2016
Giroux's contract today in terms of cap % would be $10.5mil. He got what he deserved when he signed the contract. The cap has gone up, and salaries go up in proportion. This is the whole point of a salary cap, contracts are tied to revenues. They go up when revenues go up. If Giroux signed today he would make way more than Hayes.

Contracts might seem insane now but they really aren't, they're all going up proportionally. The cap is going to be $82-83 million, but when it first started it was less than $40 million. It has more than doubled. Stars used to be $5mil per year, now they make double that.

Point is Hayes doesn't worth that. Higher cap or not. Give money to superstars. No problem. But to a guy like Hayes, come on !

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
The reporters are trying to create some buzz around what will probably end up being a boring 1st round draft show. I have taken the bait way too many times from draft day and trade deadline show hype that turns out to be nothing.

Of course they are, e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e is on the trading block according to the media today.
It all started with the possibility of the cap not rising by the expected 3.5M and now every insiders have gut feelings about what is going to happen next.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Jul 6, 2016
Imagine how different things would have been if that trade with Edmonton happened?

It was just rumour. Nothing more than that. You can keep dreaming. It would never had happened in reality.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Shaw just put up 47 points in 63 games, that's kind of worth more than a reclamation project
Give them Hudon and 2nd instead or something like that.
I like Shaw and his intangibles but I think he had a career year I’d rather not give a second up like we actually did for shaw. We coulda maybe had DeBrincat.
To be honest, I have no clue what Bergevin is gonna do. He knows he’s on the hot seat.

Reactions: Milhouse40

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Of course they are, e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e is on the trading block according to the media today.
It all started with the possibility of the cap not rising by the expected 3.5M and now every insiders have gut feelings about what is going to happen next.
And then when nothing happens, we get to hear this one: "There was interest out there in player x and y and some gm's were kicking tires but the consensus was that prices were simply too high".

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

we'd be over

add Nurse Klefbom and Draisatsal to our salary cap today....lol be some big time trouble eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad