Out of Town thread. Part XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Giroux's contract today in terms of cap % would be $10.5mil. He got what he deserved when he signed the contract. The cap has gone up, and salaries go up in proportion. This is the whole point of a salary cap, contracts are tied to revenues. They go up when revenues go up. If Giroux signed today he would make way more than Hayes.

Contracts might seem insane now but they really aren't, they're all going up proportionally. The cap is going to be $82-83 million, but when it first started it was less than $40 million. It has more than doubled. Stars used to be $5mil per year, now they make double that.

Guys like Giroux have consistency chosen the security of term over the potential reward of a higher ticket. I can’t think of many situations where a top player has “gambled on himself” and signed for 3 years.

The reactions to one iffy contact in Philly are hilarious.

My god we need a lockout I’m worried sick about the owners!

They’ve just served Claude Giroux a sandwich!

That damn Danault better not be getting ideas I tell you!

It’s a lot of pearl clutching over billionaires and millionaires sharing a juicy pie.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It stings me that I don't get the joke. I fail. :laugh:

3kjnAPB.gif

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
I agree that Hayes is overpaid, but

he gives you stability, you know he'd get 40-50 pts per year and plays 70-80 games.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
If I was Perry, I'd sign with the Oilers for cheap and try to get on a line with McDavid.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
One of the all time great quotes lolol. I remember when he said that to Melnick, I was driving and couldn't stop laughing.

Ferraro is a master at bringing up these kinds of memorable quips.

Talking about all time great quotes, this is one stands out:

Last edited:
Reactions: Adriatic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->