Out of Town Thread Part XII- Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
Yeah Marner's probably better than Matthews. Matthews doesn't seem like a guy who steps it up in the playoffs, he plays a lot like Pacioretty, way too passive out there.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Just tuned into the WAS@CAR game. Didn't someone forget to pay their electricity bill down there? :laugh:

The lighting at the arena seems dim as heck.

Apr 28, 2010
I think Toronto's gonna finally do it this year and knock off Boston. I just hate that Tampa is choking so Toronto will have an easier path to the Finals

I think so too. They even almost beat Boston last year. If Andersen gets it together, it's over.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Jamie Benn a 5th round beast
Josh Anderson a 4th round beast

Why can’t we ever find guys like this?

Don’t say 5’9 180 Gallagher, he is not big enough to be compared to these guys.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Oh, he will.

If you were more productive and an overall better worker than two of your coworkers, would you settle for less when negotiating your salary?

Marner is going to cash in big time.
Toronto May regret signing Tavares

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
No chance of that.

When a free agent of that caliber falls into your lap on this kind of a contract you sign him. Most any team in the league would.

At the very worst, the Leafs trade one of Marner or Matthews for a boat load of assets - almost like the Lindros deal.

It will be interesting to see how much Marner asks for if he outshines Matthews in a deep playoff run.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
No way. Anderson is huge, can skate and can fight. I love Gallagher but no way. Habs need a power forward like Josh Anderson.
Id take another Gallagher 10/10 over Anderon, but thats just me.

Fellas, a bit of a useless debate. If both of these players became available I'd swap up both of them. Both of them are no brainer moves.

The real questions are, from the players that are actually available, who do we go after.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Jamie Benn a 5th round beast
Josh Anderson a 4th round beast

Why can’t we ever find guys like this?

Don’t say 5’9 180 Gallagher, he is not big enough to be compared to these guys.
Gallagher is about as good as it gets in the 5th round. No reason to exclude him. He may be five foot nothing but he plays way heavier than he is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad