Out of Town Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
At the risk of incoming MB hate:

Prediction: Arizona's new GM is targeting a Cup while MB is only aiming for playoff participation.

So I say it this time and hopefully it doesn't degenerate from there.

Good luck to him. They're already worse off than Seattle. No money. No picks in first 3 rounds. No 1st or 3rder next year. An almost empty prospect cupboard (but not quite still have Hayton, Soderstrom & Maccelli).

They have some youth up front, but no #1 center or any real scoring depth. The D is old except for Chychrun, and they're trying to trade their best D (OEL) and their best goalie (Kuemper).

I expect they'll be the worst team in the West next year & they won't have a first.

Last edited:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I don't think dubas would trade him. It's his investment, and if he came back to the board so early into the investment and says he wants to explore moving him, it won't look good on him.

Whether he's their best player or not is up for debate. I don't feel he is, and I think a growing number of leaf fans are becoming disenchanted with him.

I know that comes with the territory when you sign a mega deal, but Matthews also signed one of those but their fans tend to look at him more positively.
Won’t look good on him??

that ship has sailed my friend......what is it....4 straight early exits, zero series wins with a grade A core of young forwards.....signs Tavares only to see the Islanders prosper and his team falter.....Dubas is a Dumbass, an absolute moron of a GM, the Shanaplan has miserably failed and now they in cap impossibility and will have to start pondering off their star players.

That organization is a joke....no cap, no prospects, no picks, no success, no hope with plenty of disappointments :laugh:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Good gawd, Pietrangelo in TO would be bad. They wouldn't be missing much after that. A few fixes here and there.
They’d only be missing cap space and about 5 players.....no biggie.......I mean they can’t even get out of the first round.......they a f***in joke

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I don't know how Vegas would do it, but if they unload Flower and Stastny and sign Pietrangelo, that would be huge for them. They might even cup favourites. I also really like their prospect pool of Hague, Krebs, Elvenes and Morozov.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I don't know how Vegas would do it, but if they unload Flower and Stastny and sign Pietrangelo, that would be huge for them. They might even cup favourites. I also really like their prospect pool of Hague, Krebs, Elvenes and Morozov.
man 14.5m to dump in a covid salary cap...

2 of those 4 prospects and maybe a first pick will be gone. if they trade both

Reactions: jaffy27

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Those are the generational talent in history of hockey:

Gordie Howe
Bobby Orr
Wayne Gretzky
Mario Lemieux
Sidney Crosby
Conor Mcdavid

There is a lot of superstars or Franchise players like the Rocket, LAFLEUR, Yzerman, Bourque, Jagr, Sakic etc..

But you have 1 generational player every 10 or 15 years. Mcdavid has not won yet but you can see that at the end of his career he will one of them.

The next one is maybe Conor Bedard
Please pay some respect to ovi8.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Won’t look good on him??

that ship has sailed my friend......what is it....4 straight early exits, zero series wins with a grade A core of young forwards.....signs Tavares only to see the Islanders prosper and his team falter.....Dubas is a Dumbass, an absolute moron of a GM, the Shanaplan has miserably failed and now they in cap impossibility and will have to start pondering off their star players.

That organization is a joke....no cap, no prospects, no picks, no success, no hope with plenty of disappointments :laugh:

Agreed. I think Dubas is learning on the job at the most important time in their franchise history (in recent memory anyways). They need the cap to be above $90M before Matthews's contract expires. That's the only way they address the overall team depth

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Who's going to play center behind Karlsson? Glass? Then who? They would need to convince a guy like Thornton to play 3C for $1M.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They’d only be missing cap space and about 5 players.....no biggie.......I mean they can’t even get out of the first round.......they a f***in joke

Agreed. This is how their roster looks with Pietrangelo. I moved Kerfoot out and signed Mikheyev and Dermott. Signed Thornton.

19 man roster with -$2.3M in cap space. Lets assume the missing two forwards are $1M so -$4.3M in cap space. If they move one of Nylander or Marner out for picks and prospects on ELC... it fits but man, their top 6 is not so scary anymore.

I've seen a dumb idea early today... Move Rielly instead?

XGmKoMH.png

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
How do the Leafs sign both Sandin and Robertson with $0 for ELC performance bonuses? Something up with that! Even Liljegren got $1.2M of potential ELC performance bonuses. I think they are being bullies to their prospects. This might come back to burn them after the ELC.

One thing I noticed is they both have "junior seasons" of salary of $10.5k.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Those are the generational talent in history of hockey:

Gordie Howe
Bobby Orr
Wayne Gretzky
Mario Lemieux
Sidney Crosby
Conor Mcdavid

There is a lot of superstars or Franchise players like the Rocket, LAFLEUR, Yzerman, Bourque, Jagr, Sakic etc..

But you have 1 generational player every 10 or 15 years. Mcdavid has not won yet but you can see that at the end of his career he will one of them.

The next one is maybe Conor Bedard
so did you just forget Ovy or dont think the greatest goal scorer of all time isnt a generational talent

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
man 14.5m to dump in a covid salary cap...

2 of those 4 prospects and maybe a first pick will be gone. if they trade both
I dont think they will need to give up 3 assets like that. Stastny has been at least a 40 point center his whole career, 1 year at 6.5 shouldn't cost much to unload. Fleury is harder to trade, but I'm sure some team will still see him as a starter.
Who's going to play center behind Karlsson? Glass? Then who? They would need to convince a guy like Thornton to play 3C for $1M.
You get one of the best dman in the league first and then worry about the 3c later.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I dont think they will need to give up 3 assets like that. Stastny has been at least a 40 point center his whole career, 1 year at 6.5 shouldn't cost much to unload. Fleury is harder to trade, but I'm sure some team will still see him as a starter.

You get one of the best dman in the league first and then worry about the 3c later.

Who's playing 2C? Glass?

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
so did you just forget Ovy or dont think the greatest goal scorer of all time isnt a generational talent

For me the greatest scorer of all time is by far Mario Lemieux.

The dude scored 700 goals (690) in less than 1000 games.

All of this when he missed the equivalent of 5 1/2 season between the age of 24- 35 years old....

Healthy Lemieux would have scored 1000 goals...

I have seen Lemieux at his prime and Ovy..and Lemieux was something else....

Lemieux retired at 31...came back at 35 ...in dead puck era...with red line, Hasek Roy, brodeur etc..in the net and scored 35 goals in 42 games.

A martian!!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
For me the greatest scorer of all time is by far Mario Lemieux.

The dude scored 700 goals (690) in less than 1000 games.

All of this when he missed the equivalent of 5 1/2 season between the age of 24- 35 years old....

Healthy Lemieux would have scored 1000 goals...

I have seen Lemieux at his prime and Ovy..and Lemieux was something else....

Lemieux retired at 31...came back at 35 ...in dead puck era...with red line, Hasek Roy, brodeur etc..in the net and scored 35 goals in 42 games.

A martian!!

Still hard to go by stats because Lemieux started out in the most wide open, high scoring era where if a goalie had a goals against average under 4.00 it was considered good. If you have a chance, look up Grant Fuhr's numbers. He's in the hall of fame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad