OT: Out of Town Thread; Anywhere but here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Are you denying the skills and work ethics?!

He's had a bunch of big injuries already and he's still a teenager. His skill set doesn't really flash a whole lot. There's much more I would aim for if im trying to trade Drouin and Pacioretty.

That's a big gamble to take on an off injured player who doesn't have a stand out skill.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
He's had a bunch of big injuries already and he's still a teenager. His skill set doesn't really flash a whole lot. There's much more I would aim for if im trying to trade Drouin and Pacioretty.

That's a big gamble to take on an off injured player who doesn't have a stand out skill.
I get it:thumbu:
Let's hope he has a injury free career from now.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I would take Weber over Subban if I needed to reach something on a high shelf.

I would take Weber over Subban if I'm trying to organize a golf tournament and need a guy most players would accept an invitation from.

I would also take Weber over Subban if I want to know what's it is like to live in Tennessee as an athlete in the 2000s.

Can't think of what else I would take Weber over Subban for.

If you were Marc Bergevin

Reactions: ArtPeur

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Really awkward moment between the NBC broadcast and Mychal Kendricks.

cut.jpg

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This is where the Hurricanes hire Julien Brisebois and we fire Bergevin after the end of next year's disastrous season.

With the word being that the owner wants to be hands on like Mark Cuban is with the Dallas Mavericks, you'd think it would turn off some from accepting that job. Hopefully BriseBois is one of them.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

hockeyfan2k18

Feb 11, 2018
Subban vs Weber, everybody's entitled to their opinion.

But among most "hockey people" (players, coaches, broadcasters, former players, fans etc...), being a hard working, humble, modest, team player is what it's all about. Weber is the perfect example of that culture. That's why a player like Weber will always rank higher in those polls among hockey players, or hockey people.

For example:

-When Weber fires a rocket from the blue line and scores, hockey people are like: "wow, what a player, that shot is amazing".
-When Subban fires a rocket from the blue line and scores, he does his patented celebration, and hockey people are like: "ugh, selfish player".

or

-When Weber cross-checks a guy in front of the net, and roughs him up a bit, hockey people are like: "man, he's so tough to play against, he's dominant".
-When Subban cross-checks a guy in front of the net, or throws a player down on the ice, hockey people are like: "what a reckless player, he's lucky he didn't get a penalty on that play"

or

-When Weber congratulates his teammates, hockey people are like: "what a leader, what a team player".
-When Subban congratulates his teammates after a win, hockey people are like "what a camera ****e, he's such a clown".

etc...

This is an exaggeration of course, but you get the idea.

Take for example Ryan Getzlaf last year in the playoffs. Subban completely shut him down all series long. But I really doubt he would say "Wow, Subban is so tough to play against, what a player". I'm pretty sure he would say Shea Weber is the toughest player to play against, even though Nashville is probably the team he's had the most success against in his career.

Not that Weber doesn't deserve that title. But it's definately easier for "hockey people" to give credit to someone like Weber, compared to Subban.

On point and puts into words what I have said but couldn't say as well as you could. 2 players can do the same exact thing and elicit a different emotion from a fan based on a bias. It's all about Rep.

Reactions: RickP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad