Out of Town Thread 2021: Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Yup, but they probably never imagined he would walk, him being their captain, having won a cup recently and being a product of the organization. They must have felt confident that they would be able to keep him.

Over confidence is a killer...

Polie driving the preds into the ground after their finals appearance & Armstrong's mistakes the last 2 yrs in st Louis are prime examples of that imo

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Jones is worth it
I agree. I don't know why people are down on Jones because of a couple average seasons on the CBJ trainwreck. A 25 yo dman, 6ft5, large, skates amazingly well, can defend, score, eats minutes... What's not to like? Seth Jones is a top-10 defenseman in my book. He deserves every cent of his deal.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I agree. I don't know why people are down on Jones because of a couple average seasons on the CBJ trainwreck. A 25 yo dman, 6ft5, large, skates amazingly well, can defend, score, eats minutes... What's not to like? Seth Jones is a top-10 defenseman in my book. He deserves every cent of his deal.

I didn't watch him at all this year, but I've generally been impressed with Jones.

What I've heard is that he doesn't have great underlying analytics, and that's where most of the criticism comes from.

Reactions: Toene

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I didn't watch him at all this year, but I've generally been impressed with Jones.

What I've heard is that he doesn't have great underlying analytics, and that's where most of the criticism comes from.
If a defenseman with the attributes I've mentioned in my previous post has bad analytics... Time for a new model. Jones is a beast.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
The rumor says blues GM bought a dog soon after AP walked away.
comicdrum.gif

dealwithit.gif

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Over confidence is a killer...

Polie driving the preds into the ground after their finals appearance & Armstrong's mistakes the last 2 yrs in st Louis are prime examples of that imo
STL ownership has been steadfast they don’t give out signing bonuses to anyone - Pietrangelo wanted a bonus heavy deal. Add to no Nevada income tax and the lowest cost of luxury living in North America

A GM does as he’s ordered to by his boss

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
STL ownership has been steadfast they don’t give out signing bonuses to anyone - Pietrangelo wanted a bonus heavy deal. Add to no Nevada income tax and the lowest cost of luxury living in North America

A GM does as he’s ordered to by his boss

Yup. And excuses are a dime a dozen.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Lol what do you expect him to do if that's the case?

When linden spoke up regarding his conflicting vision with benning and ownership, do you know what happened to him?

Yup.

Some leaders speak up, others don't. Is what it is.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Yup.

Some leaders speak up, others don't. Is what it is.

The owners are the ultimate leaders. The GMs are the leaders in terms of executing ownership's vision within the organization.

We don't know whether the GM spoke up or not. All we know is that he didn't say anything publicly, because that would put him on an nhl blacklist.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
The owners are the ultimate leaders. The GMs are the leaders in terms of executing ownership's vision within the organization.

We don't know whether the GM spoke up or not. All we know is that he didn't say anything publicly, because that would put him on an nhl blacklist.

Right. So all we know is he is the gm, and the roster decisions he's made since the cup win have been quite poor.
Blaming ownership or taxes or any other of the numerous variables that all gms encounter in their leadership roles is making excuses. If he was fundamentally opposed to the direction his owner imposed, he could walk. Few do, but it is an option.

It's one thing if he couldn't spend at all, it's another to spend to the cap on lesser players than the one you let walk by not making a strong enough offer to keep him.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Right. So all we know is he is the gm, and the roster decisions he's made since the cup win have been quite poor.
Blaming ownership or taxes or any other of the numerous variables that all gms encounter in their leadership roles is making excuses. If he was fundamentally opposed to the direction his owner imposed, he could walk. Few do, but it is an option.

It's one thing if he couldn't spend at all, it's another to spend to the cap on lesser players than the one you let walk by not making a strong enough offer to keep him.

This is in context to saying these are excuses. The reality is that we don't know his constraints.

Reactions: Andrei79

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
She's pregnant too. The emotional and physical demands of that are probably why she's taken this public. She's alone, pregnant, with a one year old child, while the house is getting repossessed.

Meanwhile, Kane is apparently partying it up in Europe with his mistress.

I can't imagine the kind of stress Anna is under. Gee, she has mental health issues, Kane? Really! Wonder why that is, asshole!
Well, one thing is certain, she knew exactly how to mess him up with this one... :laugh;

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

How do you make a strong enough offer when the player is adamant he wants a bonus heavy deal and the GM is adamant the org policy is no bonuses to anyone driven by ownership mandate as per Andy Strickland (STL beat writer)?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->