League News: Out of Town Scoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Thanks for the compliment sir.

So, were you the last one on the tanktanic?

I am still impressed you made it on board with so many jumping ship at the same time

You should have changed your user name to: SalmonCapsFan

Edit Late Breaking News
OMG Facts ‏@OMGFacts 1m
No engineers made it off the Tanktanic, they stayed and kept the power on so others could escape.

Last edited:

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Nice piece about Martin St. Louis. Always fear him when he's on the ice against us, and he has scored way too many big goals against the Caps. But give the guy his due - his compete level and fitness have stayed at a very high level for a very long time.

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2013/...to-win-his-second-art-ross-trophy/#more-80681

And he might be on the all-time, undersized team, whose forward group includes Marcel Dionne (but of course), Theo Fleury and Mats Naslund to name a few.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Interesting, Dallas and Nashville will likely determine if the Wings or the Bluejackets take the 8th spot in the west. The last two games for both the Wings and Jackets are against these two....

Minnesota a pt ahead of Detroit plays Edmonton and Colorado.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
Of the remaining possibilities, here's my ideal seeding:

Pittsburgh
Montreal
Washington
Boston
Ottawa
Toronto
NY (whichever)
NY (whichever)

To get this to happen, the following outcomes are necessary (team that needs to win in caps/bold):

Saturday
philadelphia @ OTTAWA
MONTREAL @ toronto

Sunday
OTTAWA @ boston (this game would be meaningless for Boston if they lose to the Capitals and Montreal beats Toronto on Saturday... they'd be locked into the 4th seed already)

Pretty tall order, but Toronto in the first round and either an away series against Montreal or a home series against (most likely) Boston in the second round sounds pretty good.

Last edited:

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Of the remaining possibilities, here's my ideal seeding:

Pittsburgh
Montreal
Washington
Boston
Ottawa
Toronto
NY (whichever)
NY (whichever)

To get this to happen, the following outcomes are necessary (team that needs to win in caps/bold):

Pretty tall order, but Toronto in the first round and either an away series against Montreal or a home series against (most likely) Boston in the second round sounds pretty good.

My ideal seeding:
Pittsburgh
Meh
Washington
Meh
Meh
Not Ottawa
Meh
Meh

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
I just don't think they match up well against Ottawa. Everybody else is a crapshoot IMO.

I also don't think they match up well against Boston (in addition to Boston being a better team), so if they play them in the 2nd round I'd rather it be a home series. Which is why I'd love for Montreal to win that division.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Sorry for invading this thread to ask an OT question, but there's no other place I thought was more relevant.

Any word on whether you guys are resting Ovi and co. for your final game? As you know, we need a Bruins loss and I look to you guys to deliver. With your big guns, though.

Also, I would give anything for us to win the division and for Toronto to drop to 6th and then for you to obliterate them.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
Sorry for invading this thread to ask an OT question, but there's no other place I thought was more relevant.

Any word on whether you guys are resting Ovi and co. for your final game? As you know, we need a Bruins loss and I look to you guys to deliver. With your big guns, though.

Also, I would give anything for us to win the division and for Toronto to drop to 6th and then for you to obliterate them.

There hasn't been any word about resting starters. They may play Neuvirth again instead of Holtby, and they might roll 4 lines with pretty even minutes, but other than that I'm guessing they'll be full-strength for Saturday's game.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA

I'd guess on tomorrow being the actual playoff lineup, Holtby and all (though with the possible subtractions of Ward, and likely Laich).

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
There hasn't been any word about resting starters. They may play Neuvirth again instead of Holtby, and they might roll 4 lines with pretty even minutes, but other than that I'm guessing they'll be full-strength for Saturday's game.

cool, thanks! I know there's no reason for the Caps to win that game (in terms of seeding) aside from providing the redistribution of points to OTHER teams that may favour their playoff run.

I doubt Oates cares as much about that as he does giving his team an easy time of it. Bruins will be trying to hit (though they've been relatively tame down the stretch), so I can see why one would want to shield key guys from potential injury. Neuvirth ain't bad either so maybe Ribs could troll the bruins again and provide them with an L.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad