Out of Town Scoreboard - Preseason & Regular Season 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Curious if Bleed finds that Levio goal in the Buffalo game stoppable or not.
I'm assuming the goal in question is the one that beat Hutton just past the blocker and far side after Leivo skated down the wing and wristed one in from the circles? I'd definitely nail him with a stoppable goal on that one.

The other Leivo goal that he scored short side on Hutton on a one timer, I wouldn't nail Hutton with a stoppable goal on that one.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Devils vs Predators: 6 goals against Domingue, 3 stoppable. 4 goals against Rinne, 2 stoppable.

Senators vs Flyers: 2 goals against Anderson, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Nilsson in relief, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Hart, 1 stoppable.

Sabres vs Canucks: 6 goals against Hutton, 1 stoppable. 5 goals against Demko, 3 stoppable.

Avalanche vs Bruins: 1 goal against Grubauer, no chance. 3 goals against Halak, no chance on any.

Blue Jackets vs Panthers: 3 goals against Merzlikins, no chance on any. 1 goal against Bobrovsky, no chance.

Wild vs Hurricanes: 5 goals against Stalock, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Mrazek, 1 stoppable.

Maple Leafs vs Blues: 2 goals against Andersen, no chance on either. 4 goals against Binnington, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Allen in relief, no chance.

Sharks vs Lightning: 4 goals against Jones, 2 stoppable. 3 goals against Dell in relief, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Vasilevskiy and it's stoppable.

Penguins vs Red Wings: 3 goals against Murray, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Bernier, 2 stoppable.

Islanders vs Stars: 3 goals against Greiss, no chance on any. 1 goal against Bishop, no chance.

Kings vs Flames: 4 goals against Campbell, no chance on any. 3 goals against Talbot, 1 stoppable.

So that's 75 goals scored on goalies tonight, 25 are stoppable. That's 33% of the goals scored were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .887%

Softy of the night for both Friday and Saturday coming tomorrow. Too tired right now and really annoyed after having to watch the Sharks get blasted by the Lightning in person and the Devils get plastered on DVR.

Reactions: Dialamo and My3Sons

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Micheletti said MA Fleury is a HoFer.

That doesn't sit well with me. He's a guy that should get the Carbonneau treatment if so

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Rangers somehow keep on collecting points even though they get massively outplayed almost every game. That won’t last long but good, let them sit in purgatory.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

That doesn't sit well with me. He's a guy that should get the Carbonneau treatment if so

Meh, in this day and age he's a HOFer. Seems like any borderline guy gets in. Hopefully the same can be said for Elias.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Let's put it this way, if he's not one - how many goalies from this era are? Quick had like 7-8 HOF years in a row with two Cups. Rask is probably heading there even though he hasn't won a Cup yet. Same with Lundqvist (ducks tomatoes). I have as much of an issue with Rinne as most have with Fleury.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Let's put it this way, if he's not one - how many goalies from this era are? Quick had like 7-8 HOF years in a row with two Cups. Rask is probably heading there even though he hasn't won a Cup yet. Same with Lundqvist (ducks tomatoes). I have as much of an issue with Rinne as most have with Fleury.

Agreed. Though no one should have to duck tomatoes when Lundqvist is brought up for HoF consideration.

Maybe I just have higher standards as to whom should be in the HoF. Lundqvist and Luongo are definitely HoFers. Lundqvist carried that Ranger team for a long time. Luongo would have a lot of goalie records if Marty never existed.

Then there's the next tier. If you let in Fleury, then you have to let Rask, Quick, Rinne, and Price. They all have nearly identical numbers. Ben Bishop is on the same trajectory. To me, the only difference is that Fleury has cups, even though he has played on stacked teams. In fact, they won 2 cups in spite of him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Fleury has a better chance than all of them, other than Lundqvist. I don't think Rask gets in. He does have a cup, but not just not as the starter. I don't even think he played a second in the playoffs in the year he won the cup.

I argued for years that Quick was probably headed to the HOF, because he'll be the all-time wins and shutout leader for American born goalies by the time he retires and by quite a bit, along with the two cups and the Conn Smythe. I think he already has the most shutouts of any American born goalie and he broke that 2 or 3 seasons ago. The other most winning American born goalies (Beezer had the most and then Barrasso was a couple behind, Ryan Miller has since passed them last year) didn't get in, but Quick looked like he was destined for 450 career wins or more.

I think all of that has come to a halt in the last year. His career seems to be falling apart now. He's about as washed up as Cory these days and his career came to a fiery crash around 32 years old. It doesn't look like he'll be racking up many wins anymore because the Kings are an awful team and probably will be for the rest of his career and if they aren't an awful team before his career ends, it more than likely won't be with him as the starter, as he's been astronomically bad over the last year. So I think barring a turnaround and return from this very bad decline that's lasted 1.5 years almost, his HOF chances are now just about done and he'll be in Barrasso territory. Barrasso had a lot of bad/irrelevant years at the end of his career too.

I don't see Rinne getting in either. I think in terms of who has the best chances it goes Lundqvist, Luongo (just retired last year), then Fleury. Quick was probably ahead of Fleury at this time two years ago in HOF probability.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've been slacking on softy of the night the last few nights, so here's the softy of the night for both Friday and Saturday night's.

Friday softy of the night is this Kuznetsov goal on Ryan Miller

Saturday softy of the night is this Nick Bonino goal on Louis Domingue. Domingue made softy of the night A LOT last year too.

Reactions: Dialamo

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Then there's the next tier. If you let in Fleury, then you have to let Rask, Quick, Rinne, and Price. They all have nearly identical numbers. Ben Bishop is on the same trajectory. To me, the only difference is that Fleury has cups, even though he has played on stacked teams. In fact, they won 2 cups in spite of him.

I think some of that gets mitigated by leading Vegas, an expansion team to the Final. Yeah they weren't your garden variety expansion and have been contenders every year but still.

The Barrasso-Quick comp is pretty good although I'm not sure there were times when Barrasso was the best goalie in the league while there were years where Quick was definitely top three.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Jets vs Ducks: 2 goals against Hellebuyck, no chance on either. 3 goals against Gibson, 1 stoppable.

Sharks vs Panthers: 4 goals against Jones, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Bobrovsky, no chance.

Rangers vs Golden Knights: 5 goals against Subban, 1 stoppable. Georgiev gets the shutout.

Coyotes vs Blackhawks: 3 goals against Kuemper, no chance on any. 3 goals against Lehner, no chance on any.

Sabres vs Oilers: 2 goals against Ullmark, no chance on either. 3 goals against Smith, no chance on any.

So that's 26 goals scored on goalies tonight, 3 are stoppable. That's 12% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .918%.

Reactions: My3Sons and Dialamo

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this Panarin goal on Malcolm Subban. Malcolm Subban is terrible.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The Red Wings are really determined to out-suck us in the lotto ball race

They've put some distance between themselves & the field.

A near-term trade of Hall, however, could keep the Devils in the race.

Capture.jpg

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tampa losing again.
Hopefully that continues and we can poach their coach
Pretty sure Yzerman and Detroit will put the kibosh to that.

They're already on standby for the second that happens. That's the only reason TRASHill even has a job in Detroit still.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Dan is going to be the next Wings coach.
If he is then I think it will be on an interim basis like Nasreddine here. And because he has head coaching experience. I don't think he'll be their head coach long term. I feel like Yzerman is only keeping Blashill around to wait it out for Cooper.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Islanders vs Lightning: 1 goal against Varlamov, no chance. 5 goals against McElhinney, 2 stoppable.

Blue Jackets vs Capitals: 2 goals against Korpisalo, no chance on either. 4 goals against Holtby, 1 stoppable.

Bruins vs Senators: 2 goals against Nilsson, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Rask, 1 stoppable.

Flames vs Avalanche: 4 goals against Rittich, 2 stoppable. 5 goals against Francouz, no chance on any.

So that's 26 goals scored on goalies tonight, 7 are stoppable. That's 27% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .901%.

Reactions: Dialamo and My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->