Out of Town Scoreboard - Preseason & Regular Season 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for Monday night's games.

Senators vs Blue Jackets: 1 goal against Anderson, no chance. Korpisalo gets the shutout.

Sabres vs Lightning: 5 goals against Hutton, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Vasilevskiy, both are stoppable.

Canucks vs Flyers: 2 goals against Demko, no chance on either. 1 goal against Hart, no chance.

Flames vs Penguins: 3 goals against Rittich, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Jarry, no chance on either.

Wild vs Rangers: 3 goals against Stalock, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Lundqvist, 1 stoppable.

Golden Knights vs Stars: 4 goals against Subban, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Bishop, 1 stoppable.

Blues vs Predators: 2 goals against Allen, no chance on either. 2 goals against Saros, 1 stoppable.

Islanders vs Ducks: 3 goals against Greiss, 1 stoppable. Gibson gets the shutout.

Sharks vs Kings: 3 goals against Jones, no chance on any. 4 goals against Quick, 2 stoppable.

So that's 41 goals scored on goalies, 12 are stoppable. That's 29% of the goals scored were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .921%.

Reactions: Dialamo and My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is goal from Ondrej Kase on Greiss. Ben Bishop allowed a dead angle goal tonight through his body and the post, but I thought this one was even more appropriate for softy of the night.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Goals against review for Monday night's games.

Senators vs Blue Jackets: 1 goal against Anderson, no chance. Korpisalo gets the shutout.

Sabres vs Lightning: 5 goals against Hutton, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Vasilevskiy, both are stoppable.

Canucks vs Flyers: 2 goals against Demko, no chance on either. 1 goal against Hart, no chance.

Flames vs Penguins: 3 goals against Rittich, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Jarry, no chance on either.

Wild vs Rangers: 3 goals against Stalock, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Lundqvist, 1 stoppable.

Golden Knights vs Stars: 4 goals against Subban, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Bishop, 1 stoppable.

Blues vs Predators: 2 goals against Allen, no chance on either. 2 goals against Saros, 1 stoppable.

Islanders vs Ducks: 3 goals against Greiss, 1 stoppable. Gibson gets the shutout.

Sharks vs Kings: 3 goals against Jones, no chance on any. 4 goals against Quick, 2 stoppable.

So that's 41 goals scored on goalies, 12 are stoppable. That's 29% of the goals scored were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .921%.

I'm not seeing anything about the relative humidity the ambient air temperature and the geologic activity at these game sites in your analysis. Sure, stoppable goals are nice, but how about the subtle items that go into these things. You could cross reference data from the National Weather Service and US Geological Survey if you really cared about quality results.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Wild vs Devils: 2 goals against Kahkonen, no chance on either. 3 goals against Domingue, 1 stoppable.

Bruins vs Canadiens: 1 goal against Halak, no chance. 5 goals against Price, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Kinkaid, no chance on any.

Stars vs Blackhawks: 2 goals against Khudobin, no chance on either. Crawford gets the shutout.

So that's 16 goals scored on goalies tonight, 2 are stoppable. That's 13% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .917%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
John Hynes would like to give Louis Domingue tonight's softy of the night, for this Ryan Suter goal that was ''Behind the dots'' and was ''Not a scoring chance''.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
John Hynes would like to give Louis Domingue tonight's softy of the night, for this Ryan Suter goal that was ''Behind the dots'' and was ''Not a scoring chance''.

I have a feeling that this isn’t the 1st time John Hynes has presented a softy.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

i love when cangi changes to past tense on a goal call, the f***ing clown that he is. how difficult is it to say ‘he scores’ instead of ‘he scored’? i can’t remember another announcer saying ‘scored’ like that, ever

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The Wings are just on another level as far as being bad goes.

Howard got hurt, and an extremely sick Bernier had to go in for him because they had no one else to dress. He was supposedly getting IVs between periods.

Nice of his team to try and limit shots against...oh wait.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
i love when cangi changes to past tense on a goal call, the ****ing clown that he is. how difficult is it to say ‘he scores’ instead of ‘he scored’? i can’t remember another announcer saying ‘scored’ like that, ever

At least Cangi realized he scored right away...the NHL.com highlight with the Wild announcers, that guy was completely oblivious the goal went in until like five seconds later.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
At least Cangi realized he scored right away...the NHL.com highlight with the Wild announcers, that guy was completely oblivious the goal went in until like five seconds later.
HAHAHAHA. I noticed that upon viewing the game recap video while doing my goals review, which was in the Minnesota feed, as the feed they give you for the game recap on NHL.com is almost always the feed of the team that won the game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Bruins vs Senators: 1 goal against Rask and it's stoppable. 2 goals against Nilsson, 1 stoppable.

Flames vs Sabres: 2 goals against Rittich, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Ullmark, no chance on any.

Flyers vs Blue Jackets: 2 goals against Elliott, no chance on either. 3 goals against Korpisalo, no chance on any.

Blues vs Lightning: 3 goals against Binnington, no chance on any. 4 goals against Vasileskiy, 3 stoppable.

Canucks vs Penguins: 7 goals against Demko, 2 stoppable. 4 goals against Murray, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Jarry in relief, 1 stoppable.

Panthers vs Capitals: 4 goals against Bobrovsky, 2 stoppable. 3 goals against Holtby, 2 stoppable.

Hurricanes vs Rangers: 3 goals against Mrazek, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Lundqvist, no chance on either.

Maple Leafs vs Red Wings: 3 goals against Howard, 1 stoppable, 3 goals against Bernier in relief, 1 stoppable. Andersen gets the shutout.

Golden Knights vs Predators: 3 goals against Subban, no chance on any. 4 goals against Saros, 1 stoppable.

Ducks vs Coyotes: 3 goals against Gibson, no chance on any. 3 goals against Kuemper, 1 stoppable.

Oilers vs Avalanche: 4 goals against Koskinen, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Grubauer and it's stoppable.

Islanders vs Kings: 3 goals against Varlamov, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Quick, no chance.

Jets vs Sharks: 1 goal against Hellebuyck, no chance. 4 goals against Dell, 1 stoppable.

So that's 78 goals scored on goalies tonight, 25 are stoppable. That's 32% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .903%.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this David Gustafsson goal (the first of his career) on Aaron Dell

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Bruins vs Senators: 1 goal against Rask and it's stoppable. 2 goals against Nilsson, 1 stoppable.

Flames vs Sabres: 2 goals against Rittich, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Ullmark, no chance on any.

Flyers vs Blue Jackets: 2 goals against Elliott, no chance on either. 3 goals against Korpisalo, no chance on any.

Blues vs Lightning: 3 goals against Binnington, no chance on any. 4 goals against Vasileskiy, 3 stoppable.

Canucks vs Penguins: 7 goals against Demko, 2 stoppable. 4 goals against Murray, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Jarry in relief, 1 stoppable.

Panthers vs Capitals: 4 goals against Bobrovsky, 2 stoppable. 3 goals against Holtby, 2 stoppable.

Hurricanes vs Rangers: 3 goals against Mrazek, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Lundqvist, no chance on either.

Maple Leafs vs Red Wings: 3 goals against Howard, 1 stoppable, 3 goals against Bernier in relief, 1 stoppable. Andersen gets the shutout.

Golden Knights vs Predators: 3 goals against Subban, no chance on any. 4 goals against Saros, 1 stoppable.

Ducks vs Coyotes: 3 goals against Gibson, no chance on any. 3 goals against Kuemper, 1 stoppable.

Oilers vs Avalanche: 4 goals against Koskinen, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Grubauer and it's stoppable.

Islanders vs Kings: 3 goals against Varlamov, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Quick, no chance.

Jets vs Sharks: 1 goal against Hellebuyck, no chance. 4 goals against Dell, 1 stoppable.

So that's 78 goals scored on goalies tonight, 25 are stoppable. That's 32% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .903%.

Still loving these Bleed, I just haven’t been able to keep up and discuss as much as last year.

Vasy had a rough game for the Lightning with 3 pucks going “through him”. The one goal
In that game that I would disagree with you on would be the Cirelli goal on Binnington. That was a horrible rebound directed in front of his own net, actually directed towards an open part of the net. I would mark that down as a bad goal or stoppable.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Still loving these Bleed, I just haven’t been able to keep up and discuss as much as last year.

Vasy had a rough game for the Lightning with 3 pucks going “through him”. The one goal
In that game that I would disagree with you on would be the Cirelli goal on Binnington. That was a horrible rebound directed in front of his own net, actually directed towards an open part of the net. I would mark that down as a bad goal or stoppable.
Vasilesvskiy actually had a really low count of goals I've counted as stoppable this year, for how low his save percentage is, but last night sped it up quite a bit.

There was one rebound that led to a goal on Binnington that I thought was poor, but the percentage of goals I mark down as stoppable on a goalie on rebounds is actually pretty low. The rebound usually has to be REALLY bad, like where a puck comes off the goalie after he appears to have it swallowed or covered and it comes loose or one that leaks through the goalie and lays in the crease and gets put in. I nailed Koskinen on a rebound goal last night, that he appeared to have in his glove, which bounced back in the crease (And he lost track of it) for an easy goal.

I do always welcome criticism (I actually encourage it) and disagreements in goals I don't nail the goalie for a stoppable goal on. I actually enjoy those, but not so much the ''Well he was screened and that isn't stoppable'' or the ''It was a good shot!'' refutes.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
As nice as it is to see the 2017 draftees Makar and Pettersson doing great, it still hurts seeing Nico struggle in comparison because of our awful season and our dingus coaching staff. Nico should be right up there in terms of points, but NOPE.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for Thursday night's game. Review for Friday's games will be in the next post.

Devils vs Canadiens: 4 goals against Blackwood, 2 stoppable. 5 goals against Price, 2 stoppable.

So that's 9 goals scored on goalies, 4 are stoppable. That's 44% of the goals scored were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .890%.

Softy of the night is this Miles Wood goal on Carey Price

This was just a really weak goal. Breakaway or not.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for Friday's games

Rangers vs Bruins: 3 goals against Lundqvist, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Halak, 1 stoppable.

Red Wings vs Flyers: 6 goals against Pickard, no chance on any. 1 goal against Hart, no chance.

Kings vs Sharks: 4 goals against Quick, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Jones and it's stoppable.

Avalanche vs Blackhawks: 5 goals against Crawford, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Grubauer, no chance on either.

Jets vs Ducks: 3 goals against Gibson, 1 stoppable. Hellebuyck gets the shutout.

Senators vs Wild: 7 goals against Nilsson, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Stalock, 1 stoppable.

Maple Leafs vs Sabres: 5 goals against Hutchinson, 2 stoppable. 4 goals against Hutton, 1 stoppable.

Lightning vs Capitals: 4 goals against Vasileskiy, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Holtby, 1 stoppable.

Coyotes vs Golden Knights: 1 goal against Kuemper, no chance. 1 goal against Subban and it's stoppable.

Penguins vs Blue Jackets: 4 goals against Jarry, 2 stoppable. 2 goals against Korpisalo, no chance on either.

Predators vs Hurricanes: 3 goals against Mrazek, 1 stoppable. Rinne gets the shutout.

Blues vs Stars: 1 goal against Allen and it's stoppable. 2 goals against Bishop, no chance on either.

So that's 66 goals scored on goalies, 19 are stoppable. That's 29% of the goals scored were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .911%

Reactions: Dialamo and My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this Jakob Chychrun goal on Malcolm Subban

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
Goals against review for Friday's games

Rangers vs Bruins: 3 goals against Lundqvist, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Halak, 1 stoppable.

Red Wings vs Flyers: 6 goals against Pickard, no chance on any. 1 goal against Hart, no chance.

Kings vs Sharks: 4 goals against Quick, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Jones and it's stoppable.

Avalanche vs Blackhawks: 5 goals against Crawford, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Grubauer, no chance on either.

Jets vs Ducks: 3 goals against Gibson, 1 stoppable. Hellebuyck gets the shutout.

Senators vs Wild: 7 goals against Nilsson, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Stalock, 1 stoppable.

Maple Leafs vs Sabres: 5 goals against Hutchinson, 2 stoppable. 4 goals against Hutton, 1 stoppable.

Lightning vs Capitals: 4 goals against Vasileskiy, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Holtby, 1 stoppable.

Coyotes vs Golden Knights: 1 goal against Kuemper, no chance. 1 goal against Subban and it's stoppable.

Penguins vs Blue Jackets: 4 goals against Jarry, 2 stoppable. 2 goals against Korpisalo, no chance on either.

Predators vs Hurricanes: 3 goals against Mrazek, 1 stoppable. Rinne gets the shutout.

Blues vs Stars: 1 goal against Allen and it's stoppable. 2 goals against Bishop, no chance on either.

So that's 66 goals scored on goalies, 19 are stoppable. That's 29% of the goals scored were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .911%

Francouz was in net :D

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Disagree on the flyers goals. I thought Pickard looked worse than Schnieder in that game. Several easily savable situations.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Francouz was in net :D
Thanks for the correction! I originally had it as Francouz, but what happened (and this has been happening a lot lately) was when I was on the video of the 12th and last game I reviewed and had my entire post, minus that game typed out already, the computer crapped out and I had to restart. Sometimes when I restart the computer, the draft for a post that I'm in the process of making is still here when I restore my google chrome session, but this time it was not. So I had to retype everything. I mostly remembered the goals I counted stoppable and on what goalies they were on (none on Francouz), so I just started typing it over again, but I did have to re-watch two of the ones that I didn't remember.

It's been a pain in the ass to do these recently, especially on nights where there's 12-13 games on, which seems like it's been every night this week, other than Tuesday and Thursday. And I HAVE to do the review on my computer and not my phone because this site is downright unusable when posting on a mobile (which is a whole other rant that I can get into) device. But I do also like watching the goals and doing these reviews on a bigger screen. But this computer also isn't reliable enough anymore and after an hour (and it takes probably more than an hour on nights where there's 12-13 games) or so, it starts lagging and freezing and needs to be restarted.

There's probably been several times since I started doing these where I probably posted the wrong goalie, but I do make sure if I'm tagging a goalie with a goal that's stoppable, that I get the correct goalie that was in net. If I do get the wrong goalie name, it's not a big deal, as long as I didn't count them with a goal stoppable. Because I don't keep up with the actual number of goals against that a goalie allows, since every stats site does that for me. At the end of the year, I just subtract the number of goals that I counted (only the ones I counted stoppable) from the goalie's goals against count.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Disagree on the flyers goals. I thought Pickard looked worse than Schnieder in that game. Several easily savable situations.
I think you're right, it's the Jonathan Quick or Ondrej Pavelec effect. He was out of position all night long, which caused a lot of the goals to look like he had no chance on them, but he was flopping around a lot, leaving a lot of open nets. I think he missed a poke check or ill-timed a poke check on one of them.

So he allowed a lot of goals where he looked like he didn't have a chance on any of them, but he really did. So in further dissection, I can break down what he was probably doing wrong, but I also won't count him for a stoppable goal either.

Martin Jones is another goalie that does this, which is why even though the percentage of goals I count stoppable on him is higher than average, it's not as high as the absolute worst in the league on my count. He's a very low-IQ goalie, which doesn't read plays very well and that was one of the things happening to Pickard last night, along with the Jonathan Quick overplaying and flopping around.

For what it's worth, last year I had Pickard down for a VERY HIGH percentage of goals stoppable, but he didn't really play much. He did have an .875% save percentage or something last year. I'm pretty sure last night was his first game in the NHL this season and if it wasn't, he didn't allow a goal I counted as stoppable before that, because I don't have his name down in database on here and I only put a name down if they allow a goal I count as stoppable. John Gibson (who definitely caught up and hasn't been nearly as good this year) and Grubauer both weren't even on my list for the first couple weeks of the season because that's how long it took them to allow a goal I counted stoppable.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just now getting around to my goals against review from Saturday's games and couldn't help but notice how poor good old Keith Kinkaid looked against the Flyers. Getting screened on goals where he really shouldn't be screened, which was a constant here.

And the OT goal was also trash.

His save percentage must almost be as low as Schneider's this year after yesterday's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad